Crows Rookie Selections discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the club will give more info about Henderson... he seems to play for basketball than footy.

The definition of a project player. Only played five games of football. Kicked seven in a half once!

Round 5 Rookie Draft:

Fremantle: Jay Van Berlo
Port: Jesse Laurie
Essendon: Michael Quinn
Carlton: Lachie Hill
Brisbane: Adam Spackman
Richmond: Pass
Kangaroos: Conor Meredith
Collingwood: Lachlan Keefe
Sydney: N/A
St. Kilda: Ross Tungatulum
Bulldogs: Christopher Ogle
Hawthorn: Garry Moss

Hmmm - no one took Sharples. We must be at the top of our salary cap, SURELY and have been advised before the draft that we only had room for two selections. Otherwise, there seems no downside to taking a Klemke or O'Hara or Allwright (or even Sharples).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cmndstab - you win my vote for poster of the month. *

* If such a vote ever existed.

It has to be the Salary cap, otherwise why? Makes no sense.

Surely we, of all clubs, don't have a salary cap problem.

I mean, after we cleared out so many players last year and picked up a bunch of youngsters, and then again got rid of a bunch of older players this year, we must be able to afford a rookie.

Appreciate it Kristof :)

spewing young Bock and Van Berlo got taken!

Very interesting to see all the crows names being floated around today! Skipworth, Pffeifer, Obst, Bock and Van Berlo!

Good to see crows have picked up Schmidt. Ive seen a bit of him first hand in our local Mid Murray comp when he was playing for Robertstown. Looked like he might go alright at AFL? see how he goes in the SANFL for Westies.

Rookies don't come under the salary cap do they? Isn't that part of the reason the Tigers wanted to shift Polak to the rookie list? We mustn't have rated anybody who was still available (apart from Donnelly who we'd already committed to) when our 3rd pick came around.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get Bock jnr. I thought he looked reasonably promising in his highlights vid.

I'm disappointed in that the two selected are around the 190cm mark again and there has been no attempt to take on small or medium forwards.

Surely Sharples would have been worth a look, and unless I missed him in the main draft Ian Richardson seems to have gone undrafted. He kicked 58 goals last season in the WAFL and was B&F for his team. Worth a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Rookie Selections discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back