Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how offending a teams supporters is actually anything like being critical of Powers players/coach/brand upon reflection. So not sure how much motivation it really provides.

Is Kenny going to fire them up pre-game “with how dare these arrogant ##### call our supporters toothless - yeah I know. Even if it’s true”
They are all a pretty stupid bunch down there so yes that is probably what Daddy will do.

I'll be doing a roof climb tonight, I wonder if I will be able to better understand Nicksball from up there? 🤔

If he can resist the urge to play Laird through the middle it goes a long way to helping us win. Murphy as the sub then given the Curtin treatment would be sensational.

Our forwards are a country mile better than theirs, our backs are better and Nicksball negates their mids by turning clearance into a scrap. JHF their most damaging player, nullifying him goes a long way towards winning the game.

Gollant for 3+, Rankine for the medal.

I'll be doing a roof climb tonight, I wonder if I will be able to better understand Nicksball from up there? 🤔

If he can resist the urge to play Laird through the middle it goes a long way to helping us win. Murphy as the sub then given the Curtin treatment would be sensational.

Our forwards are a country mile better than theirs, our backs are better and Nicksball negates their mids by turning clearance into a scrap. JHF their most damaging player, nullifying him goes a long way towards winning the game.

Don’t forget Butters to flog up and get suspended 😁

Torn.
Win. Great. Showdown. Fun.
Also lose pick 4, AFL cheats give Saints pick 5 for losing Battle and we end up with pick 6, missing out on one of the top midfield prospects.
We have been underdogs in these for a while now and have won 4 out of 5. Surely Port as second in the ladder beat us this time?
There form has been strong and they have actually been beating top 8 teams this year unlike past years. Port by 28

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They have been favourites in all the last 5 showdowns of which we have won 4 (Inc last 3 obviously)

Awesome midfield but I actually believe we have a better team overall. Hence IMO we are not far off finals next year esp if we get ANB, Luko and an elite mid who most/all make round one team next year and making us much stronger (bye Murphy and not even sure who Luko replaces if third tall, hff or wing but probably Taylor or Dowling as per current years form)

Great stuff mate, enjoy. Should be a treat. If it’s not too rude, do you mind if I ask what the climb costs are? Was looking at taking teen kids next year (did SYD bridge climb at sunset last year and totally awesome - and life’s all about experiences after all - but pretty pricey around $450 ish from memory)

The negativity and anger toward the club on the Port gameday thread is unreal. You would think they were bottom of the ladder. What will most of them do if they god forbid win the flag this year? It's weird!

Aliir and BZT are their KPDs for this match? Yeah RT/Fog should tear them a new one

Midfield battle will be tough for us, though. This will be close, I think
Be interesting to see how they go without Tex there who is still a big presence in these games

I think it’s kind of a good test and good timing

JHF I think is due for a showdown medal but then again Ranks prob is too

Not sure if I’m imagining this but the team that talks up the showdown and also gets a bit lippy about their rival seems to lose

On that basis we are due to lose this
I was thinking the same thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The negativity and anger toward the club on the Port gameday thread is unreal. You would think they were bottom of the ladder. What will most of them do if they god forbid win the flag this year? It's weird!
I agree but it’s similar to the hate against Nicks here, once people have made their mind up that’s it. Regardless of performances.

If we push to high again and leave space out the back all night you should win comfortably. If we actually approach this game trying to stop your strengths instead of ignoring them like the last few times we've come up against each other we should win but whoknows.
Hinkley is about the only guy that nicks seems to be able to outcoach

Going to be super interesting , your team defence is working much better recently and playing 2 tall backs instead of 3 has really helped you

If they win this then I think they are premiership favourites.

Giving the way they have played, especially defensively.

But a home QF vs Geelong is no guarantee for a win, you have to be focussed. They did win in Geelong, but homeground probably means nothing. The premiership cup has a decent chance at leaving Victoria this year and there are a few teams that can win it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back