D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that so said:
After me last post which included some stats on best players named and how frequently etc, there was some suggestion that perhaps some clubs do not name their best players in their best players so as to hide them from other clubs. (Conspircy theorists alive and well)
Is that so said:
To further flesh this out here are the list of all players named at least 4 times by their club in the best players of the 11 rounds played.

Who should be on the list that is not , or who should not be on the list that is DON"T JUST READ PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

OC:
Parker, Zander, Glynne,Carr (what of:Collins, Parton, Trumbull)

BT:
Stella, Hare, Chivers, Burridge, Barker, Bone, Wise,Tehan, Schneider, Pietryk (What of Waters, Matthews, Bain )

OG:
Casboult,O'Brien,Munro,Bayles,Vickers-Willis, Betts
(What of McCarthy, Mollard)

Rupo:
West,Sweeney,Monzell,Collins,Phillips

YV:
A. Drew, Savage, R. Drew, Yeo, Valoppi, LeCordier, Britt
(according to recent post 15 missing!)

OM:
Carrol, Palmer, Twentyman, Schloefell, Cleeve, Austin, Field.
(Flemming, Basile?)

TP:
J.Bannister, Foster-Knight, Kennessy ,Harmes, Crotty, c. bannister, Reynolds.
(and the 10 players that are out injured)

Bears:
Tsingaris, Shepherd-Muller, Gray, Gayfer, Taylor, Swift, Hopgood, O'Donnell (Smith, Shepard?)

ESL:
McKenzie, D'amico, Baranello, LeClerc, Prosser, Robin, Ballard, Krebs.

Prahran:
Northway, Hodgson, James, Thwaites, Pitts, Mattheson, Evans
(Radywonik ?)

Now its your turn, share your ins and outs, don't be shy:D :D :D .

Is that So...in reference to your love for and ability to provide endless reams of D1 footy stats, I take back my "ammo footy nut, gay or The Qwill" call from before. But please, where do I get a job like yours? You know, the one where no-one is looking over my shoulder expecting me to produce work on a daily basis? Then again, it is uni mid-semester break..so maybe you have time :)

Some extraordinary work on your behalf in recent times. I know Toohas is the "thinking man's D1 thread contributor", but you are running a very close 2nd at present....maybe you are The Qwill after all???

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Lock up your wives and daughters Yarra Valley, because here comes ILSS!!!![/quote]

So ILSS - how'd you go? Would suspect the Yarra girls may have been a bit harder to impress than those out Sunbury way.....just a hunch.

Actually, heard that one night a guy from Sunbury way (quite possibly ILSS) got into bed accompanied by a sheep. His girlfriend was not too happy..converstion went along the lines of..

ILSS (getting into bed): "This is the fat pig I have sex with when you have a headache"
Girlfriend: "I think you will find thats a sheep"
ILSS: "I think you will find I was talking to the sheep".

So Genuis, did you produce the goods in the valley or not?

Conduct Unbecoming said:
Is that So...in reference to your love for and ability to provide endless reams of D1 footy stats, I take back my "ammo footy nut, gay or The Qwill" call from before. But please, where do I get a job like yours? You know, the one where no-one is looking over my shoulder expecting me to produce work on a daily basis? Then again, it is uni mid-semester break..so maybe you have time :)

Some extraordinary work on your behalf in recent times. I know Toohas is the "thinking man's D1 thread contributor", but you are running a very close 2nd at present....maybe you are The Qwill after all???

Gents or Ladies recent feedback apprecaited, however if you where as astute as i you would not the times I post!
Very rarely in business hours usually late at night after I have worked my 10 hour day or got home from spying on training etc.

Further reflection on your comments, how could I be the qwill, I actually do research, watch games and provide accurate information!

Another great round this week. Much will be answered
Animals vs Therry, seems Therry has lost every game they should have won. "Should" be 9/2. I'm with the animals at home this week, the Kibe was bouyant with last weeks efforts and the Therry boys don't seem to come up with the goods. Animals by 2pts another close one lost.
OC v OM. Om have threatened, they did not have a great game against us so if they truly want to be in finals action a win against a couple in the top 3 is a must. OC by 22pts
OG v YV. Should be the game of the round. YV are a great side, however i can't stop seeing OG as the side to beat. Don't ask me why. OG by 9pts.
Rupo v Prahran well this is a must win for both sides. Prahran beating Therry at Therry, competitive to half time against OC shows they are still very much a side to be concerned with. Rupo at home by 22pts.
BT v Banyule, one gets the feeling that BT will win alot of games comfortably in the second half. BT by 50pts. i thought Banyule would be far more competitive last week

Heres a bloke (with a can) still doing his tips, only 1 from the bottom, thanks to our resident genius (ILSS) still thinking he has an idea. KB you do need to have a good look at yourself!!
KB over and out.

Moss Rocket:Chris "Hedgie" Hickey will not be making a comeback. Great bloke, great player, but well and truly has hung up the boots. I saw him the week before last at the OCarey vs YValley game at Bulleen. Just supporting. Always goes to a handful of games a year as he has young kids.

That's a shame for you and a bonus for the rest of D1. He could really play football, and another hard body upfront for Old Carey with Parton would make life very difficult for the competition.

Is that so said:
Further reflection on your comments, how could I be the qwill, I actually do research, watch games and provide accurate information!

Yeah, you've definetley got me there!! No chance you could be the Qwill.

REVISED TIPPING LADDER

Tipping Ladder (A lot of 5's this week as all favourites won!)

MJS2 (5) 22

Ugly (5) 21

DG-Man (5) 20 (unlucky not to get 6 this week!)
Henry (4) 20
Is It So (5) 20
Hansie (5) 20

St.Kevs Cowboy (4) 19

Bullant (4) 18
Moss Rocket (5) 18
Bede me Up (5) 18

SSBob (3) 17
Toohas (4) 17
Midas (4) 17

Mystery Dog (3) 15

OC37 (2) 14
King Brown (4) 14
Half Back (4) 14
Blue Boys 88 (4) 14
Knackers (4) 14

ILSSully (3) 13

Mistake made with the Cowboy (who owned up to it)! Nice work!

DG Tips this week:

OC over OM's
Rupo over Prahran
BT over Banyule
(I think these are the easier ones!)

then,
OGS just over YV (massive season shaping game)
Leos just over Therry (toss of the coin, heads Leos......heads it is!)

Boy has it been while since the OM man has posted. The reason, have been travelling round Australia surfing at some great locations with a bunch or knarly dudes. The OM man, although silenced on this forum, has been kept upto date with consistent updates about D grade.

I assume the DG man has deleted me from the tipping comp and im cool with that, but here are my tips anyway.

St Leos Emmaus over Therry. Has been great hearing about the demise of the Oak Park boys :) 21 points

Old Carey over the Old Mentonians by 39 points

Match of the round: Old Geelong vs Yarra Valley
- Yarra Valley need to win this to stay in touch with the top 4. However playing at como i don't give them a chance. OG's by 34points

Rupo over Pharan. Big game for both these clubs in relation to finals and relegation, however travelling to Sunbury the boys from toorak park will not come home happy. Rupo by 43points. This game must be used by rupertswood to get some form back.

Bulleen over Banyule by 64 points. Playing away to these guys will not be pleasant for any club for the rest of the year.

OM man out :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are my tips: Time to lift myself off the bottom!!

OC over OM 8 points

Rupo over Prahan by 28 points

BT over banyule by 15 points

OG's over YV by 102 points.... big ground will find them right out!

Therry over St Leos (you pricks down at Oak Park owe Sully one! I have tipped you for the last 3 weeks!!!)

Half Back's Tips

Therry (Could be a nil all draw)
OC
OG
Prahran
BT

OldMelburnian28, some great games over the years (Therry V Old Melbourians) Never seen a team more terrified and a bunch of blokes that hate each other more, than Old Melbourians. Does Micha Berry still play??? Could play a bit.:cool:

My tips this round:
Going to move up the leader board or drop back further this week.

Therry to big and to many forward options for ESL
OC the list is improving but so is OM
YV over OG the 9 goals against BT @ BT earlier in the year showed they can play on a larger ground (at least for a qtr) and they must win to stay alive
Prahran to be overrun late in the day by rupo with the run, although if it is very wet could be another upset.
BT my only certainty against a side who try hard but lack depth and perhaps belief.

G'day,
new to the Forum, been reading through so i thought i'd add my average knowledge which is worth about 5cents.

Some of you guys are pretty funny actually, if not a bit lonely perhaps.
The guy that knows stats about every team, best plyers etc..I think you need some good old fashion lovin.

This week I'll tip:

Therry, good team on their day
Banyule in an upset...why not?
Pran in an upset, tipping they're a better wet weather team according to Toohas
OC - too good at the moment
OG..nah YV...nah OG...tough one stuff it YV in another upset, they beat them last time i think.

Archangel17...i think matt Laing is still rolling round in the twos at YV now and again, seen his name hear and there

Archangel17 said:
Is the qwill from Gryphons??

Yes. Not sure why a Gryphons supporter is writing a D1 column when they are in D3. Has anyone spotted the Qwill at either games or training?

Hello all. very interesting competition d1. I use to be involved with North Boys but arn't involved with anyone anymore but i get to see a bit of this grade as a couple of clubs have ex NOBS players. I was out watching Valley being too good for Rupertswood and i found it disturbing. Can the rupertswood people on here give me a report on how Collins and Keenan are going? I couldnt belive my eyes when i saw collins being played forward on saturday. Why? and also what is going on with Keenan? I understand he is not as fit as he use to be when i saw him but is he on the outer with the club or what? How can he not be in the midfield after some of those players i saw last saturday? Cheers

Tips from under the Cowboy hat...
Old Carey to be un-challenged after qtr time for mine, too much talent and hardness for OMs. (Speaking of OM men, how were those waves dude? I was gonna surf but playing "college ball bent my knee back 90 degrees the wrong way, got into law school instead...")
Rupertswood to regain some form v Prahran. I have gone with them on occasions and been let down, but they have too much toe and back on their sizeable ground will have to much for the light blue/dark blues.
Bulleen Temp to continue a solid month-and-a-bitover Banyule by around the 8 goal mark.
OGS v YV big big game, for both sides, OGs could drop an extra game behind the top two, or put YV an extra game out of the four (provided my other tips are correct) A toughie, but the Oggery for me.
Therry I am praying over Leos. They deserve/need/require a win desperately to still shape the finals.
Anyone have any big ins/outs for this week? Good luck to all those taking the field this week. Cowboy - OUT :cool:

Looking to put back to back 5's together with the following :

OC easy
OGGERY, although forecast conditions may suit the large mountain men from the Valley. I'm sticking with the class factor though.
LEOS. The talk of Therry making finals is laughable, and will cease after Saturday
Softies from Sunbury to win over Prahran
BT to punish the bears

It's going to be nipply on the track tonight..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back