D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Man 27, Collins has been very dangerous up forward kicking 5 goals in a half against Banyule last week, and was dangerous Saturday, possibly needs kicking practice at goals. I would never have picked this move either however imo it has worked. Crackers Keenan has been managed in his comeback with Saturday either his 2nd or 3rd game back in the seniors. At Rupo he has mainly played wing Half forward where his skills are at there best. Did he play on ball at NOBS in the ones? Other than the second quarter when YV dominated the midfield more than held there own. The skill errors from all players was poor in this quarter. We are a developing side with young players and are very confident these boys who have come through our juniors are going to be terrific. As they are given opportunity we will only get better. We will weather this inconsistency.

Yeah, 'Superboot' Laing is leading the goalkicking in the twos...

Emmaus St. Leo's
Old Carey
Yarra Valley
Rupertswood
Bulleen Templestowe

(Speaking of OM men, how were those waves dude? I was gonna surf but playing "college ball bent my knee back 90 degrees the wrong way, got into law school instead...")

I believe it was in the later years whilst catching up for a game of beach football you tackled me into an on-coming wave on the shore. Frustrated friends confronted you with their criticism that it was "a bit out of line". However the honorable man i am i came to your defence asking my friends if they really knew who you were. When hearing news of the cowboy undertaking studies in law school i asked "law school? Your a lawyer" A rather blank look came over your face, unsure how to respond in a slighty awkward moment. I then took it upon myself to break the ice and state that "life wasn't over yet...you were surfin''. We took to the cold dark breaks like a fat kid to a cupcake as friends were quick to make judgements and jump to conclusions about you "Lawyers don't surf" they said "this one does" i confidently replied and the rest is history.

Its official our Qwill is a Dill!

How can every team get a team of the half year published except D1.

The competition has been awesome and the talent is plenty, but it seems not worthy of any recognition by the man designated our scirbe - from the D1 scribe - very poor effort for mine.

Obviously he would have to have guessed given I doubt he has seen a single game this year, and no one on this site can recall seeing him, but surely a guess or a glance through the regurlar best players would have been better than no team at all.

To those of you who play I applaud you even if the scribe does not think your worthy or recognition.
:mad: :thumbsdown: :confused: :rolleyes:

TIPS

Bullants - were average last week so will fire up this week
Old Carey- to good for mentonians
Old Geelong- Big ground will suit
Rupertswood- have to win
Therry- wont lose this

Re: Its official our Qwill is a Dill!

Is that so said:
How can every team get a team of the half year published except D1.
Is that so said:
Obviously he would have to have guessed given I doubt he has seen a single game this year, and no one on this site can recall seeing him, but surely a guess or a glance through the regurlar best players would have been better than no team at all.

:mad: :thumbsdown: :confused: :rolleyes:

Question Is that So: Where have these teams been published?? Would be interested to have a quick look....did see a couple on the VAFA website a while back.

Remember, the Qwill does write voluntarily; and I am sure he sees as many games as he can...he does have a few weekend commitments.

MJS2 said:
TIPS

Bullants - were average last week so will fire up this week
Old Carey- to good for mentonians
Old Geelong- Big ground will suit
Rupertswood- have to win
Therry- wont lose this

Always nice to see the leaders tips. No major suprises here. Seems BT, OC and Rupo are being fancied by all. With YV and Leos given an outside chance to cause upsets.
Still waiting on 10 more lots of tips. Keep them coming.

Anyone got any major ins and outs that may interest us all. I see the OC fullback (Lovelock) got a week at the tribunal.

Thanks for that Kingbrown. I suppose collins can mark everything in the backline so why not put him forward. As for Keenan from what i can remember he was played as a small forward and was brillant at kicking roving goals. he would often change on the ball but at the time i think he was only bout 18 or 19 so to even play in that comp is a good effort. Good luck to Rupo for the finish of this season.

OK here we go.

OC, impressive unit, easily over OM's, tigers at home, putty cats away.
OG's skill level (I know some disagree) to do a number on YV, particularly in the second half (when the Bushrangers fitness may come into question on Como).
Animals, whose recent form is sound enough, will touch Therry up at Bennettswood, livening up the relegation battle.
BT, continuing the march, by a bit over a slightly faltering Banyule.
I've been into Rupo all year predicting their demise, it will become close to complete when the Two Blues upset them this week.

All the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this thread has been set on simmer for a while..... so it's time to turn up the heat!!!

The top four absolutely, catorgorically will not change..... the top four that are there now will be there in September.

I am officially closing the book on the home and Away season..... may as well start finals next week.... save us all the next 7 weeks of nothing.

OM and Yarra...... close but no cigar.

I Love Sandra Sully said:
I think this thread has been set on simmer for a while..... so it's time to turn up the heat!!!
I Love Sandra Sully said:
The top four absolutely, catorgorically will not change..... the top four that are there now will be there in September.

I am officially closing the book on the home and Away season..... may as well start finals next week.... save us all the next 7 weeks of nothing.

OM and Yarra...... close but no cigar.

Nice work Sandra!!!

Bout time those currently sitting outside the 4 start paying attention to those in the C grade relegation zone (Parade, Hampton, NOBS, etc) and those in the 4 in D2 (Peninsula, Oakleigh, Salesian etc).

Easily the best thread going round gents!:thumbsu::)

Will be an interesting week, all teams will nee to be at their best mentally with the look of the weather! ( Would love to see Ugly's forecast)

Games may be alot tighter than all think.

Haven't tipped yet but will put my 2 cents in:

OG's over YV - Big ground, should be too good, 22pts
OC's over OM's - OC way too good, 32pts
Therry to beat St Leo's - just, but must win, 8pts
Rupo must win over Prahran, 19pts
BT over Banyule - too strong, 26pts

Conduct Unbecoming said:
Question Is that So: Where have these teams been published?? Would be interested to have a quick look....did see a couple on the VAFA website a while back.

Remember, the Qwill does write voluntarily; and I am sure he sees as many games as he can...he does have a few weekend commitments.

What do you think the Qwill's weekend commitments are? I doubt his weekend commitments include D1. Not suprised that nobody has spotted the Qwill at games, judging by this weeks column. Maybe he will make a grand entrance at the grand final.... then again the gryphons may take precedence... their reserves are travelling nicely.

Pretty disappointing in my opinion that a team was not supplied for the D1 section in “The Amateur Footballer”, although this has came to be expected from the ‘The Qwill’. The man must have been trained by Osama, with his ability to not be spotted at any ground but somehow scrapes together match reports. The likely scenario is that his demister is on the blind and his commitment for getting down on the fence is just not there for this D1 comp.

silky_skills said:
What do you think the Qwill's weekend commitments are? I doubt his weekend commitments include D1. Not suprised that nobody has spotted the Qwill at games, judging by this weeks column. Maybe he will make a grand entrance at the grand final.... then again the gryphons may take precedence... their reserves are travelling nicely.

C'mon oh Silky one....he may not pull chicks like you or ILSS (still waiting on progress report from the Yarra expedition), but he does have commitments on the weekend.

And, Untapped - as long as Geelong and/or Rupertswood make the GF - he will be there!!

Old Melbournian, I remember that game of beach footy. Those friends of yours were harsh at first but didn't take long to warm to me, good old Roach. I believe we may have partied afterwards and much Tequilla was involved, followed by a night dip. Can't beat a bit of night surfing as they say. "Feel the wave, accept its energy."

Can anyone confirm the alleged back injury to Parton? I think OC will still win if he doesn't play but he is a very important part to the Panthers, much like Chivas to BT, Collins to Rupo, Goodwin to Therry etc.
Any other injury news? Any big ins/outs for round 12 action? Ugly how are BT looking? A solid 5 weeks of footy from your mob. Must be injury free which is an ominous sign coming to the business end of the year.
Cheers lads. ;)

Hey Conduct...
They where published in this weekends VAFA book.
Did not realise he was a volunteer, sounds like you know him given you know he has weekend commitments>
If so tell him to jump on Big footy and ask us we will tell him who should be in the side.

untapped said:
Pretty disappointing in my opinion that a team was not supplied for the D1 section in “The Amateur Footballer”, although this has came to be expected from the ‘The Qwill’. The man must have been trained by Osama, with his ability to not be spotted at any ground but somehow scrapes together match reports. The likely scenario is that his demister is on the blind and his commitment for getting down on the fence is just not there for this D1 comp.

Long time reader, first time contributor.

Have you seen the current poll of the vafa webbsite? Results below.
Who is your favourite VAFA Scribe?
19% Jonathon Horn
10% Tom Brain
6% Fraser Cameron
4% Peter Williamson
5% Jono Healy
3% Gavan Flower
24% Ed Sill
16% Charles Beaton, Adrian Bernecich & Alastair Dwyer
12% Norm Nugent

Does this mean 4% of the voters are imbeciles or the Qwills family?

Look out the OM to come home like a steam train!

Is that so said:
Hey Conduct...
Is that so said:
They where published in this weekends VAFA book.
Did not realise he was a volunteer, sounds like you know him given you know he has weekend commitments>
If so tell him to jump on Big footy and ask us we will tell him who should be in the side.

Will do..but he works for the public service, so would expect he will be way too busy for that......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back