D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you've all been waiting for Quasi's tips and contrary to popular belief both Wafer and myself are both on 8/10.

Should be a beaut round 3:

Willy over Eltham by 38pts (Will firm in Premiership betting)
St Johns to beat Latrobe by 46 (No need to cut Rooster's Lawn)
Elsternwick over Uni High by 53 (Lock of the week. Shane Mahoney may even kick a goal).
The House over the Gryphs by 16 (Monash to struggle to contain Eddo)
Hawthorn by 28 over Swinny (Won't be as easy as many may believe).

Best of luck to all

Quasi
willy by a mile. eltham will be pretendars yet again
st johns to run over the soft uni boys
wicks to smash another soft uni side
the house to win by 5 plus goals
hawthorn to beat another soft uni side

I know you've all been waiting for Quasi's tips and contrary to popular belief both Wafer and myself are both on 8/10.

Elsternwick over Uni High by 53 (Lock of the week. Shane Mahoney may even kick a goal).

Best of luck.
I agree big Q, Big if is, how will the weather effect the results?
Willy won't care.....don't peak too early boys!
St Johns will probably get over the line, unless the bore water is pumped into the surface big time.
Elsternwick fielded probably their grungiest side last week, some pretenders perhaps? Maybe a cricket trip or wedding too many?
Monash are running well, or is that Wells? May rock the house.
Swinburne are gonna get sick of hidings and may react like a wounded pig, "drop your rifle and climb the nearest tree!"

Best of luck.
I agree big Q, Big if is, how will the weather effect the results?
Willy won't care.....don't peak too early boys!
St Johns will probably get over the line, unless the bore water is pumped into the surface big time.
Elsternwick fielded probably their grungiest side last week, some pretenders perhaps? Maybe a cricket trip or wedding too many?
Monash are running well, or is that Wells? May rock the house.
Swinburne are gonna get sick of hidings and may react like a wounded pig, "drop your rifle and climb the nearest tree!"
looks like the wicks are already starting the excuses after round 2

eltham lost today in a very tight tussle... played the better footy for the most part but willy had the legs in the end. very good game played in good spirits, lokking fwd to the rematch. any other reports from todays games?

Tough, hard-fought game played in good spirits down at the Fearon on Saturday. The conditions were not quite atrocious, but the wind was really favoring the Botanical Gardens end until the rain came in the 3Q. For what it's worth, I thought Eltham should have had the game parcelled up at 1/2 time...Willy didn't make the most of the wind avantage in the 1Q and led by "only" 18 pts at 1/4 time. Eltham monstered them in the 2Q but squandered plenty of easy opportunities...7 goals 9 pts (when really it should have been at least 11 goals) to 1 pt. Unfortunately, the coach was at fault on at least 2 occaisions when he scored minors rather than majors. The game should have been over at this point, but Eltham gave the sucker an even break...After their woeful 2Q, Willy regrouped at 1/2 time, kicking 4.4 in 3Q whereas the Turtles could only manage 5 pts. The 4Q was really a great show-case for Ammo footy with the teams going goal for goal, and Willy kicking the last couple to seal it. Great effort from both teams. it will be interesting to see what effect this match has on Eltham, knowing they were more than competitive and should have won vs throwing away a win. From Willy's point of view, to finish over the top of one of the D3 contenders after an appalling 1st half (with only a small cameo from Dave Lee) left the boys very upbeat in the rooms after the game. Hopefully the Eltham bloke who was carried off on a stretcher in 2Q is o.k.:confused:

Agreed Nikko, it is the gentlemans machine that one.

By the way, how have you found the jump in class to d3 has treated uni? From what i can gather with results it seems 1-1 you would take that.

I think the main difference is from the top 4 downwards, no real "easy beats" as such. Its more competetive, and the standards a bit better, but i wouldnt say there a massive gap between the two grades..

Team,

I was fortunate enough on the weekend to get down and see a good close game of football but they were all close on the weekend so any game would have been fantastic!

I ventured down to Elsternwick Park to see the big clash between the Zoo Keepers of Uni High take on their hosts, the Elsternwick Old Peoples Home.

And what a clash it turned out to be. Very tight game, very low scores and the Mahoney brothers being the difference between the sides.

After trailing all day, the Wicks produced a spirited 5 goal to 2 last quarter to get over Boyces boys by 8 points. And weren't the Zoo Keepers bleating after the game....

The game was average in standard but the closeness made it entertaining.

And I swear I saw Boycey crying after the Reserves game when he couldn't manufacture a win for his Uni High boys in the Magoos...justice my friend!

By the way, the canteen food was average!

St Johns obviously had the whole team out on parole and bussed them all the way to Latrobe for a 9 point victory.

It was a battle of the forwards with Staunton booting a lazy 8 for Latrobe while Cachia's 6 for St Johns got them home after a 5 goal final stanza.

Elthams long trip to Fearon Reserve was all in vain as they were dumped by the now undefeated flag favorites in Williamstown. Close but no cigar for the turtles despite 6 from Garrard. Lee's nice little 3 goal cameo was enough to get the Willy boys home.

The Hacks fell in against a hapless Swinny Uni who came from the clouds to almost pinch the game. Hacks by 6 points but not really impressing anybody just yet.

The real controversy was down at Power House who won by 3 points over the Monash Indians. Monash had a late "goal" contoversially ruled as a point.

Maybe Vegemite or one of the Indians can shed some light on what really happened.

All in all, a very close weekend of games and it appears that the ladder might take a 3 tier split shortly with Willy and Eltham clearing out on top while 6 teams fight for 3-8th place and the Uni's (Swinny and Latrobe) dropping off.

I'm Dee Three...that's my take.

Team,

I was fortunate enough on the weekend to get down and see a good close game of football but they were all close on the weekend so any game would have been fantastic!

I ventured down to Elsternwick Park to see the big clash between the Zoo Keepers of Uni High take on their hosts, the Elsternwick Old Peoples Home.

And what a clash it turned out to be. Very tight game, very low scores and the Mahoney brothers being the difference between the sides.

After trailing all day, the Wicks produced a spirited 5 goal to 2 last quarter to get over Boyces boys by 8 points. And weren't the Zoo Keepers bleating after the game....

And I swear I saw Boycey crying after the Reserves game when he couldn't manufacture a win for his Uni High boys in the Magoos...justice my friend!

St Johns obviously had the whole team out on parole and bussed them all the way to Latrobe for a 9 point victory.

It was a battle of the forwards with Staunton booting a lazy 8 for Latrobe while Cachia's 6 for St Johns got them home after a 5 goal final stanza.

Elthams long trip to Fearon Reserve was all in vain as they were dumped by the now undefeated flag favorites in Williamstown. Close but no cigar for the turtles despite 6 from Garrard. Lee's nice little 3 goal cameo was enough to get the Willy boys home.

The Hacks fell in against a hapless Swinny Uni who came from the clouds to almost pinch the game. Hacks by 6 points but not really impressing anybody just yet.

The real controversy was down at Power House who won by 3 points over the Monash Indians. Monash had a late "goal" contoversially ruled as a point.

Maybe Vegemite or one of the Indians can shed some light on what really happened.

All in all, a very close weekend of games and it appears that the ladder might take a 3 tier split shortly with Willy and Eltham clearing out on top while 6 teams fight for 3-8th place and the Uni's (Swinny and Latrobe) dropping off.

Dee Three - love your work.

The point was definitely a point and the Monash boys knew it - in fact, there was a controversial one the opposite way against the House that might have been incorrect. Good tight game played in good spirit - consensus was that the better side got up but then again, bad kicking is bad footy.

The House have won a couple in a row against good opposition in tight contests, which is a good sign for the season ahead, especially with blokes to come back.

Dee Three - love your work.

The point was definitely a point and the Monash boys knew it - in fact, there was a controversial one the opposite way against the House that might have been incorrect. Good tight game played in good spirit - consensus was that the better side got up but then again, bad kicking is bad footy.

incorrect, many still believe it was a goal, but as you say there was a similar one up the other end minutes earlier, so perhaps it was fair square in the end.

incorrect, many still believe it was a goal, but as you say there was a similar one up the other end minutes earlier, so perhaps it was fair square in the end.

I was right behind it with the perfect view; Leeton was right behind it with the perfect view - he agreed that it was a point - not even over the post.

Team,

The mahoney bros? were they umpiring? i have never seen a more inconsistant display of frees.. oh well, wait till the rematch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mahoney bros? were they umpiring? i have never seen a more inconsistant display of frees.. oh well, wait till the rematch.
Paul Mahony was umpiring the twos..and...gave away consecutive 25 meter penalties against his own player which allowed UHSVU to kick deep into their goal. Please don't write such dribble! Boycey was a model of consistency and impartiality.

Both games played in an air of good humour.

Paul Mahony was umpiring the twos..and...gave away consecutive 25 meter penalties against his own player which allowed UHSVU to kick deep into their goal. Please don't write such dribble! Boycey was a model of consistency and impartiality.

Both games played in an air of good humour.

It was in good humor till number 22 in the ressies for elstenwick got sent of twice because he snapped. And i was the one who got those 2 25meters and both of them added up to 15meters. But i think in the twos the umpiring was fair enough. I think nikko was refering to the ones game

Odds for Round 4

Round 4

Game 1 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
UHS-VU $1.50 $2.40 $3.20
Swinburne Uni $2.40 $3.20 $7.70

Swinburne are struggling an desperately need a win here. A good performance last week against Hawthorn and face up this week against Uni High. Uni High has also impressed actually winning a game, but then again it was against La Trobe then got close to the Wicks last week coming off a 100 point loss in the wind. Odds favour Uni High but I like the pigs here, they've been staving off relegation for a few years now and know what they need to do to remain in D3 but if they lose this one, it's almost good bye. Swinburne by 16

Game 2 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Monash Gryphons $1.30 $ 1.80 $ 3.75
La Trobe Uni $3.20 $ 4.00 $ 12.80

Two round 3 losers, both in tight affairs and one in controversial circumstances. My source at the Gryphs I see at mixed netball agrees with pocket rocket's comments. While many believe it was a goal, the same goal umpire also awarded a point to Eddo in the 3rd quarter for what many believe was a goal, and the same can be said for a few decisions down the other end in the second half. So while they were perhaps disappointed with the decision, there was never any mention of the 'C' word sometimes associated with Boyce's (and the fat guy from South Melbourne) two's umpiring. The strong cross wind must have been playing havoc. He also says the Gryph's will be fielding 2 bothers of AFL players this week and that will certainly be enough to take care of what has been a disappointing La Trobe outfit at home. Monash by 24

Game 3 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Eltham $1.25 $ 2.40 $ 2.10
Power House $3.55 $ 5.00 $ 9.80

The Turtles certainly impressed many, including myself, with their performance against Williamstown. An away game that could have been snatched against the clear competition favourites with better goal kicking certainly has given them more respect in D3. Power House won their second game for the year in a tight one at Ross Gregory oval, and Eddo only kicked 2, plenty to like about a performance like that. There's definately value for the House here, and the Turtle's will have to back up after a big game, something you don't need to do in D4. They should be good enough to do so early in the year so it's Eltham for me at home by 26 points.

Game 4 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Hawthorn $2.90 $ 4.00 $ 8.45
Williamstown $1.35 $ 2.30 $ 2.60

David Lee was quiet in the wind but should be back to his best this week if the weather suits marking players better. Fitness at the Hawks might also be a problem giving up a reasonable 3/4 time lead for the second week in a row to win only by 6 points against a winless opposition. My Hawk sources indicates Dan Lauletta is again a doubtful starter this week and without him Hawhtorn will really struggle against a Willy team shocked back into their best form. Willy by 74

Game 5 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
St Johns OC $1.80 $ 2.90 $ 3.80
Elsternwick $1.90 $ 3.00 $ 4.15

Game of the round here down at TCO. Elsternwick coming off a win, which they could have won by more if they kicked straight. and St John's were somewhat dissapointing away beating La Trobe by only 9 points (I will be mowing quasimodo's lawn with nail scissors). St John's will rely on Cachia kicking another bag, while Danny Byrne needs to stand up for Elsternwick as he did in Round 1 for them to win. I think age may really be starting to catch up with the Wicks and they could struggle more than I predicted. Again, I'll take the home side here by 20 points

Re: Odds for Round 4

Round 4

Game 1 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
UHS-VU $1.50 $2.40 $3.20
Swinburne Uni $2.40 $3.20 $7.70

Swinburne are struggling an desperately need a win here. A good performance last week against Hawthorn and face up this week against Uni High. Uni High has also impressed actually winning a game, but then again it was against La Trobe then got close to the Wicks last week coming off a 100 point loss in the wind. Odds favour Uni High but I like the pigs here, they've been staving off relegation for a few years now and know what they need to do to remain in D3 but if they lose this one, it's almost good bye. Swinburne by 16

Game 2 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Monash Gryphons $1.30 $ 1.80 $ 3.75
La Trobe Uni $3.20 $ 4.00 $ 12.80

Two round 3 losers, both in tight affairs and one in controversial circumstances. My source at the Gryphs I see at mixed netball agrees with pocket rocket's comments. While many believe it was a goal, the same goal umpire also awarded a point to Eddo in the 3rd quarter for what many believe was a goal, and the same can be said for a few decisions down the other end in the second half. So while they were perhaps disappointed with the decision, there was never any mention of the 'C' word sometimes associated with Boyce's (and the fat guy from South Melbourne) two's umpiring. The strong cross wind must have been playing havoc. He also says the Gryph's will be fielding 2 bothers of AFL players this week and that will certainly be enough to take care of what has been a disappointing La Trobe outfit at home. Monash by 24

Game 3 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Eltham $1.25 $ 2.40 $ 2.10
Power House $3.55 $ 5.00 $ 9.80

The Turtles certainly impressed many, including myself, with their performance against Williamstown. An away game that could have been snatched against the clear competition favourites with better goal kicking certainly has given them more respect in D3. Power House won their second game for the year in a tight one at Ross Gregory oval, and Eddo only kicked 2, plenty to like about a performance like that. There's definately value for the House here, and the Turtle's will have to back up after a big game, something you don't need to do in D4. They should be good enough to do so early in the year so it's Eltham for me at home by 26 points.

Game 4 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Hawthorn $2.90 $ 4.00 $ 8.45
Williamstown $1.35 $ 2.30 $ 2.60

David Lee was quiet in the wind but should be back to his best this week if the weather suits marking players better. Fitness at the Hawks might also be a problem giving up a reasonable 3/4 time lead for the second week in a row to win only by 6 points against a winless opposition. My Hawk sources indicates Dan Lauletta is again a doubtful starter this week and without him Hawhtorn will really struggle against a Willy team shocked back into their best form. Willy by 74

Game 5 Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
St Johns OC $1.80 $ 2.90 $ 3.80
Elsternwick $1.90 $ 3.00 $ 4.15

Game of the round here down at TCO. Elsternwick coming off a win, which they could have won by more if they kicked straight. and St John's were somewhat dissapointing away beating La Trobe by only 9 points (I will be mowing quasimodo's lawn with nail scissors). St John's will rely on Cachia kicking another bag, while Danny Byrne needs to stand up for Elsternwick as he did in Round 1 for them to win. I think age may really be starting to catch up with the Wicks and they could struggle more than I predicted. Again, I'll take the home side here by 20 points

Ill take those odds
uni over 39.5
monash under 39.5
Eltham to win
Willi over 39.5
St johns to win

Reserves will be
Uni
Monash
Power house
Willi
St johns

Im thinking the winners this week will be celebrating in both grades.

a much improved UHS from what i remember from 06, say them first hand on sat and think they will go ok this year - easily account for swinburne in both grades - 42 pts (2's by 5 big ones)

Gryphs have started well, lets see if they can maintain this start - 30 pts

Wicks will be boosted by some key returns in the senior lineup this week, closest game of the round - 1 goal (2's by plenty)

Eltham will run over the top of the house, 4 goals (2's by a dozen)

Williamstown will travel to Rathmines and i cant see them losing, Lee up forward has proven alot of trouble to the opposition - 10 goals (2's 75pts)

Till next week

#2 out

Thanks Gas, It was a great game out at Willy on the weekend. Our player who got carried off should be ok, but has done the same injury he did before finals last year which is not good. Also the poor kicking did cost us in the end although we didn't think it would at the time? Looking forward to the return clash!

Tips this week.

Eltham
UHS
Monash
Willy
St Johns

Another 5 to wafer last week, Ice tipped the 5 as well tho, strange that in a really close week of results there were no great upsets. The Vafa records didnt make it to the clubrooms last night, so Im expecting a tougher week.

UHS-VU by 26
Monash by 27
Eltham by 45
Williamstown by 20
St Johns by 5

Ice

Willy = Morals to win tomorrow.
Have played a great brand of footy all year and with Dave lee finishing things off up forward there will be no stopping them.

Onwards and upwards back to D2.

Willy = Morals to win tomorrow.
Have played a great brand of footy all year and with Dave lee finishing things off up forward there will be no stopping them.

Onwards and upwards back to D2.

yeh righto.....ill tip whoever's playing them to win by 6 gls then this week. by the way what does morals to win mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back