D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy = Morals to win tomorrow.
Have played a great brand of footy all year and with Dave lee finishing things off up forward there will be no stopping them.

Onwards and upwards back to D2.

I agree. Based on the games I have seen, I would only see St Johns and maybe Monash beating Willy (both have very solid backlines and a great ability to strangle sides) - Monash in particular with Lee Wells - would towel up Lee quite easily.

The top four is already set boys

Willy
St Johns
Eltham
Monash

Eltham may stuggle however. Massive pretenders!

I agree. Based on the games I have seen, I would only see St Johns and maybe Monash beating Willy (both have very solid backlines and a great ability to strangle sides) - Monash in particular with Lee Wells - would towel up Lee quite easily.

The top four is already set boys

Willy
St Johns
Eltham
Monash

Eltham may stuggle however. Massive pretenders!

So where does that place Power House, who have beaten both St Johns and Monash. Makes the Power House draw look ordinary, having played all your top 4 in the first 4 weeks.

willy have more than one forward in dave lee.whilst he has had a great start,more attention should start being paid to the other smart fwds they have.if teams just focus on stopping one player,they wont get very far.with the likes of wheeler,wong and elliot, they are capable of kicking big scores.so bring on any good fullback....teams will need another 5 top defenders,which i cant see happening.dont agree with some comments made about willy being morals,as showed by other results,the comp is close,which is good for ammos footy.

Willy = Morals to win tomorrow.
Have played a great brand of footy all year and with Dave lee finishing things off up forward there will be no stopping them.

Onwards and upwards back to D2.

Seagull steve the only thing you should be worried about is the next spit roast social function over the bridge. Willy players love their Gull meat. I personally know Gold and Blue has a freezer full of the stuff. When entertaining at his run down abode he can often be seen with a gobfull of gull meat crapping on bout the lesser known forwards of willy. Word is he provides tooth picks also.

On with the tips. 100% so far so here we go.

Uni to tame the pork
Gryphs with the indians firing up
Eltham firing on roo poo
Willy gull meat to get them over the line
Jocs in forfit with 8 wicks players to run out of juice on the run down the highway

Wafer chooses to look sharp in slacks and pressed shirt courtesy of Stacks Of Slacks Bentleigh.

Good Luck Saturday fellas

Wafer08

well this should be a good round with the top of the table clash
reckon williamstown will be too good for eltham

st johns should account for la trobe

uni to knock of elsternwick

think powerhouse should be able to beat monash in a close one

and hawthorn to beat swinburne in a bounce back after last weeks loss

not bad last week still waiting for 5 out of 5 but should come this week

uni to defeat swineburne
Monash agaisnt la trobe
Eltham against powerhouse
williamstown to keep the top against hawthorn
st johns to knock off elsternwick

Seagull steve the only thing you should be worried about is the next spit roast social function over the bridge. Willy players love their Gull meat. I personally know Gold and Blue has a freezer full of the stuff. When entertaining at his run down abode he can often be seen with a gobfull of gull meat crapping on bout the lesser known forwards of willy. Word is he provides tooth picks also.

On with the tips. 100% so far so here we go.

Uni to tame the pork
Gryphs with the indians firing up
Eltham firing on roo poo
Willy gull meat to get them over the line
Jocs in forfit with 8 wicks players to run out of juice on the run down the highway

Wafer chooses to look sharp in slacks and pressed shirt courtesy of Stacks Of Slacks Bentleigh.

Good Luck Saturday fellas

Wafer08

Can assure you the boys down at Willy are keeping a tight lid on things. Anyone that gets on here spruiking Willy's chances are either posing as Willy players, or are getting a little over excited. Yes we have had a good start to the year so far but a season isn't made up of three games. There are still a lot of tough games ahead and some good opposition to meet. One week at a time as the old cliche goes.

Another 5 to Quasi, thats 5,3,5 ladies and gentlemen:

Far too early to select final fours, however the following evident:

Willy are the pacesetters but not unstoppable.
Eltham are the real deal and will play finals.
Latrobe and Swinburne are already fighting relegation
Teams 3 to 8 (Haw. Mon, Pow, Elst, St J, UHS-VU) have 'bugger all' between them and are all capable of September action.

Uni High to account for Swin by 18pts
Monash to beat Latrobe by 35 (in lock of the week)
Eltham to salute over The house by 26
Cy's to thrash Hawks by 51
Jocks over Wicks by 19.

Quasi

Can assure you the boys down at Willy are keeping a tight lid on things. Anyone that gets on here spruiking Willy's chances are either posing as Willy players, or are getting a little over excited. Yes we have had a good start to the year so far but a season isn't made up of three games. There are still a lot of tough games ahead and some good opposition to meet. One week at a time as the old cliche goes.

Need to qualify my previous post.
I am not a Willy player, merely a supporter. Have loved the way we have played this year and from what I have seen the coach is running a tight ship and the players certainly aren't geting ahead of themselves.

It was just one man's opinion.

post_old.gif
7th February 2008, 12:10 Replies: 585
thread_hot.gif
D3 Section 2008
Views: 34,626
Posted By Percy
Re: D3 Section 2008

Head down to Willy if you wanna win a flag this year!

Try practising what you preach Percy!

willy have more than one forward in dave lee.whilst he has had a great start,more attention should start being paid to the other smart fwds they have.if teams just focus on stopping one player,they wont get very far.with the likes of wheeler,wong and elliot, they are capable of kicking big scores.so bring on any good fullback....teams will need another 5 top defenders,which i cant see happening.dont agree with some comments made about willy being morals,as showed by other results,the comp is close,which is good for ammos footy.

This weeks games saw Lee kick 12 of 16 (75%) to take his tally for the year to 35 of 72 (48.61%) and Edwards kicked 10 of 13 (76.92%) to take his season tally to 22 of 44 (50%). It seems gold and blue, that despite the abundance of your other so called talented forwards, stopping Lee and for that matter stopping Eddo is a very good place to start when beating Williamstown and the House.

Anyway...

What a round of footy, everything from the expected to freaky with 5 favourites again getting up. Lee and Eddo kicked wheelbarrows of goals again despite the Power House going down. Monash kicked the high score of the round for the first time since......who knows. Eltham won again and look good to play finals in their first year away from the bottom grade. UHS have still only beaten La Trobe and Swinburne. Round 5 sees 5 great match ups!

Four weeks in and our two relegation sides have been decided. Start saying your farewells to the boys from La Trobe and Swinburne boys as it will be the last (or second last) time you see them in this grade for a while. At least one of them will get a win on the board this week when they meet at St James Park. Is it too early for these sides to start playing for priority picks? Don't think it matters as both will probably qualify anyway.

St. John's and Elsternwick played a thriller at TCO with St. John's keeping their perfect home record intact. A good home record is what's going to be needed to play finals this year, with so many teams pushing for spots 2, 3 and 4 in such a close competition. They have a big task this week making the long trek over the West Gate.

The Hawks will be defending their home turf against the House in an even game. Really need Lauletta back, but from what I hear he's still in severe doubt. Could go either way. This is the game I'll be going down to see this week.

Monash keep winning friends with another good performance, if only against one of the rabble sides. Game of the week this week in the night fixture at Elsternwick Park. The Wicks will start favourites but have they lost their advantage by moving the game to the much bigger Sportscover Arena, could this cost them 4 points?

Uni High host Eltham where Eltham will want to reverse last years grand final result. Another great grudge match. Eltham look to have stepped up but I'm still not convinced either way with Uni High. Eltham would start warm faves but Uni High have a history of winning these battles.

Back later this week with premiership odds and game odds Friday

Rooster Out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Weekend ahead boys and girls!

My tips are as follows:

Eltham over UHS by a wisker in what should be a close encounter - I could have been a little quick to say that Eltham were "pretenders"
St Johns V Willy - Another crackerjack but I will take Willy by 12pts - Lee being the only genuine talented fwd at the club to kick 90% of the winning score.
Powerhouse all over Hawthorn by a long way 65pts because Hawthorn are crap. Lauletta played on the weekend and kicked just the 1 goal
Latrobe over Swinburne by who cares
The curry munching Gryphs to run all over Elsternwick by 40pts in a... night game?!? Monashseem to have found a goal kicker in Sharkey who had 8 on the w/end

So what was the wash up from the other games played, any injuries standout's. Swinburne are not as bad as every1 thinks they will surprise a few teams with a couple of wins this year. What happened to higgins there leading goal kicker for the last few years.

So what was the wash up from the other games played, any injuries standout's. Swinburne are not as bad as every1 thinks they will surprise a few teams with a couple of wins this year. What happened to higgins there leading goal kicker for the last few years.

He looked at ur rotten stem and ran 4 the hills..

No DeeThree Round 4 review yet? That's always a great read, can't wait for that to be posted!!!

Hopefully Rooster will also give us 2 teams from D4 a bit better premiership odds now with his latest update?? Hopefully both of us UHS & Turtles can make finals.

Some great matches this week!
Can't wait for the grand final rematch at the Zoo.
Hawks Vs House 06 D4 GF rematch also this week.
D2 relegated sides face off!
The 2 winless sides go at it.
And the Monash Vs Wicks game should be a beauty also!
Tough picks but i'll take Turtles, House, Willy, LaTrobe & Monash.

Good luck to all on the weekend!

D3 Posters and the other clowns....

I ventured out to watch The Hacks at home against the Williamstown machine. Nice food from some lovely canteen staff.

The Hacks, normally so confident at Rathmines Road looked a shadow of their former threatening selves against the free running rampaging Willy machine.

The square ground and wide flanks gave the Willy boys plenty of room out wide and they kept taking it out of defence wide and bringing it back through centre half forward.

No Dan Lauletta, who is the heart and soul of the Hacks and their barometer. Younger brother isn't fit to walk in his shoes...

Old Stagers Ridley and Aitkin were good for the Hacks but Willy's all round evenness was the dominant factor...oh and the fact that Lee booted a lazy 12 (out of 16) certainly helped their cause!

No answers in the Hawthorn back half to the Willy goal machine.

Dan Lauletta was seen watching from the sidelines with a pie in one hand and a hotdog in the other. Just working on building his stamina and fitness for the second half of the season!

At the Zoo, after an even first quarter, the Zoo keepers ran away from the hapless Swinny Pigs and won easily. No Higgins and no avenue to goal for the Pigs and they are certainly headed down to D4. As for the Zoo boys, they are still a fair way away from the pace in D3...but a win is a win.

Kirk with a bag of 7 was great while Luke Gorringe continued his good early season form.

Rumours are suggesting that the Pigs have made a heartfelt plea to Mary Higgins to come out of retirement for one more season just to help them save the year.

Like the IPL, there was a high scoring encounter at East Caulfield Reserve, where the Monash Indians smashed the Latrobe Beer Drinkers easily winning by 58 points. The curry boys look OK so far and could be in the mix come September but again, they didn't beat much.

In a rematch of the D4 2006 Preliminary final, Eltham turned the tables on old rivals Power House.

The boys from Power House struggled with the big soft ground and spent most of the afternoon dodging the "roo poo" on the park eventually going down by 20 points.

The boys from Albert Park must have been tired from the long trek and were never in the game. Edwards smashed Eltham in a superb best on ground effort booting 10 (out of 13) while Garrard dominated with 5 for the Turtles.

Back to the drawing board for the House with another away clash this week in the D4 2006 Grand Final Rematch against the Hacks at Rathmines.

And in the only close one, the boys from St Johns were all out on early release to help their side get up by 3 points from the Elsternwick Veterans Bowls Club.

As predicted, the Veterans got out of the blocks well and booted 7 in a scintillating first quarter but slowed up and were relying on their walking frames when the game was there to be won in the last quarter.

Young fresh legs are needed desperately at the Bowls Club while St Johns need an early release scheme to get them into the finals.

I'm Dee Three, that's my take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back