D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have any news on kieran 'rudehead' donovan from La trobe 2nds. haven't seen him in the best. Is he injured or is it a heart string because he can not get a run in the ones

Rudehead ate a couple of dodgy chicken wings a few weeks ago... and he hasn't been the same since. There was still a bit of pink in the middle I hear

What a game we have on this Saturday: Williamstown CYMS vs Eltham. Clearly the game of the year thus far. Eltham have been the only team to put it up to the CY's, so we have been looking forward to the challange since the final siren blew last time we played them. CY's have just been coasting the last few weeks and it looks like Eltham have have been doing the same.
CY's werent too bad on Saturday. Latrobe had a couple of handy players and were a better outfit than we had anticipated (cant say the same about the two's!!). We kicked 2.12 in the last 1/4, shouldve easily been at least 10.4.
Coach - give us the inside word about your mob please haha.

I have a mate who plays in D3 so I write this on his behalf....are you serious that this is the game of the year!! Hawthorn just smashed Eltham by 50 points and their full forward kicked 8 in a 1/4 and a half then went off injured. I have read alot of previous comments and no one gives them credit. Its about time you guys started to.

Agreed.
Huge win by Hawthorn on Saturday.
Willy v Hawthorn game in a couple of weeks time will be very big.

After reading a few comments on this board, I think a few of the younger D3ers need a quick reminder on football.

Not that long ago, before Demitriou started his (personal) legacy on the AFL; football was played in a hard but fair manner. You could attack (tackle, bump etc...) a player (with the ball) hard and not have a side retaliate. Now (thanks to Demitriou) you have a bunch of players whining and playing for a free kick at every moment (touching the back, chopping the arms, looking for the boundary or a hard tackle.). Just because a player is hard at the ball, does not mean they are a sniper. They are playing football the way it was developed, not how Demitrou would like his legacy remembered.

Some people need to go out and hire the '89 grand final and watch what football was all about or go a sign up to a local mixed netball side.

The Skim!

Re: Hawthorn Ammos...

Someone had better tell their coach that the quickest way to losing yet another premiership is to have half the side full of cocky players. They feature way too many of them in both the 2nds and 1sts.

The Skim!

Someone had better tell their coach that the quickest way to losing yet another premiership is to have half the side full of cocky players. They feature way too many of them in both the 2nds and 1sts.

The Skim!

Quite right Skim! Its a long season and no good being June Juggernauts/September softies...

Willi were truely unfortunate to be relegated last season,
UHS may have found the nightmare of 2006 creeping into their recall.
Eltham have performed well but injuries may well finf them out.
St Johns holding well at the moment but depth may find them wanting.
Monash continue to be the enigmatics!
Hawthorn seem to have the depth, but, can they keep on relying on a few stars? Can they avoid the dreaded inj....no I just want to complete that phrase. It haunts me too.
The House are running well at the moment...anyone know what happened to Eddo on the weekend? Did he play?
La Trobe seem to be short.
Elsternwick are, from all reports, down and almost out! Or are they?
Swinburne, a snow trip on the social calendar?

I work 7 of 7 these days and dont see much D3. Maybe the collective contributors might post a mid season report on their clubs?
How about it boys and girls?

The Skim!

Dont worry there 1s and 2s side will be given the sadness when they play uni high in a few weeks time

Totally agree with your summary, the problem with all these so called rule changes, is that every week you either get umpires that are rife when it comes to head over the ball, or umpires who couldn't care less. Or you get umpires attempting to show some authority by making frivolous reports that the VAFA (for want of a better word) tribunal up hold. Whilst we are all aware that umpiring is a difficult and probably unrewarding task ( apart from the payment), it is like any other profession, if you fail to do your job in the correct manner, your'e shown the door. Admittedly if we all adopted this , we would end up with a decrease in umpiring numbers, but I can generally see that one day a very poor decision will affect the ultimate game of the year, a grand final, and then see what transpires.

does anyone have any news on kieran 'rudehead' donovan from La trobe 2nds. haven't seen him in the best. Is he injured or is it a heart string because he can not get a run in the ones

I hear he cant make the ones at la trobe so he is going to try his luck for uni blues

Totally agree with your summary, the problem with all these so called rule changes, is that every week you either get umpires that are rife when it comes to head over the ball, or umpires who couldn't care less. Or you get umpires attempting to show some authority by making frivolous reports that the VAFA (for want of a better word) tribunal up hold. Whilst we are all aware that umpiring is a difficult and probably unrewarding task ( apart from the payment), it is like any other profession, if you fail to do your job in the correct manner, your'e shown the door. Admittedly if we all adopted this , we would end up with a decrease in umpiring numbers, but I can generally see that one day a very poor decision will affect the ultimate game of the year, a grand final, and then see what transpires.

You should have watched the 2's GF last year in D4. A kick hit the goal post and clearly diflected by about 5 meters and the goalie called it a goal. even the eltham players didnt know what was going on.. also in the centre prob 3 times, we had 3 at the bounce instead of 4, so we pushed someone in and they paid a free for it.. in the confusion, play on advantage, goal b4 we knew what the free was for. 3 times. I admit if we had have been more organised it wouldnt have happened but it was frustrating in an 18point defeat.. By saying this i really am not trying to take anything away from the winning side, they were better on the day unfortunately (for us). Just giving an examlple.. At least we got to play, its better than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goalies borrowed from another league, one had a pen that stopped working (and no spare!) midway through 4Q and neither agreed with each other, the scoreboard or timekeepers at the end - it was a draw, or one point either side, and nobody knew. Result had to be declared two days later by VAFA, B-T 17.14.116 to Fitzroy 18.7.115.

Goalies borrowed from another league, one had a pen that stopped working (and no spare!) midway through 4Q and neither agreed with each other, the scoreboard or timekeepers at the end - it was a draw, or one point either side, and nobody knew. Result had to be declared two days later by VAFA, B-T 17.14.116 to Fitzroy 18.7.115.

Thats horrible. Not knowing whats going on.. What did B-T meet up monday arvo and sing the song?

are they struggling? if someone couldnt get a gig in d3 seniors, at a team in the lower half of the ladder, how could u go to a club 6 levels higher and expect 2 get a gig? they would pay players wouldnt they, ex afl n stuff?

Donovan has been seriously underdone this year, but my sources tell me he had a falling out with some latrobe boys earlier in the year after an incident with a bar and no beer. He beleives that he is more than capable of getting some game time at blues and may not be far off the mark. Looking forward to how it all pans out. Does anyone have any info about him training at blues yet??

Does anyone know where Rooster has been hiding?

I am keen to get a bet on for Williamstown to win the premiership in both the seniors and reserves this season.

What odds do you think he will give me?

Hoping for around the $2.50 mark.

I have a mate who plays in D3 so I write this on his behalf....are you serious that this is the game of the year!! Hawthorn just smashed Eltham by 50 points and their full forward kicked 8 in a 1/4 and a half then went off injured. I have read alot of previous comments and no one gives them credit. Its about time you guys started to.

Oh do me and everyone else a favour, no one likes Hawthorn amateurs. Dont bother talking them up....they will only dissapoint in the long run. Go and pester Swinburne.They play the mighty hawthorn on Saturday.. go on and gloat!

Who's this bloke thinks he is? Telling us what to do on our forum? He states himself he has nothing to do with our league.

Justafan: No one likes Hawthorn and now no one likes you.

My tip: Hawthorn to lose this week. I dont care who they are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back