D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work GuruMac and all the other Cys guys on a super effort promoting "Umpires Appreciation Day" this Saturday at the Fearon. An hour's worth of chit-chat on ABC-774 this arvo, talking about the role of umpires and D3 Ammos was fantastic publicity for the match v Latrobe & the Ammos in general. (Unfortunately, Boycey did not get a mention!)

Hey where is every1? Dont make me slang out abuse 4 no reason! Does any1 want to buy 1 x Adidas cross trainer (right foot)? need extra cash due to unforseen circumstances n wont be using it 4 another 5 weeks. i am prepared to part with the left one also, but only after the term of my "mishap" has run its course.

Waferknuckles, how many goals u predict u will kick from the center square this week against us? Probably tag u myself.

Gents,

Matthew Whelan from Elsternwick Reserves and Stephen Young from Hawthorn Reserves both summoned to the tribunal last night to "discuss" the "incident" of a couple of weeks ago.

Can anybody clarify the outcome?

Hey where is every1? Dont make me slang out abuse 4 no reason! Does any1 want to buy 1 x Adidas cross trainer (right foot)? need extra cash due to unforseen circumstances n wont be using it 4 another 5 weeks. i am prepared to part with the left one also, but only after the term of my "mishap" has run its course.

Waferknuckles, how many goals u predict u will kick from the center square this week against us? Probably tag u myself.

Mentholteen,

Wafer has been in recess over the last couple of weeks. The lay-off was due to being a little proppy after 8 quality bone crunching matches and the break was welcomed.

Looking forward to spotting the cripple dressed in the UHS supporter gear. Grit your teeth and walk tall nikko or crutch it and be outed.

Wafer08.

case dismissed. Wheels has 3 broken vertebrae in his neck and no work for months, courtesy of a high hit and Young has to wrestle with the conscquence of his actions from here on. Lets hope nobody else gets bad injuries this season.

Willi & LaTrobe participate in a game highlighting "umpire awareness". No ump- no game! Now get on with the footy and may the best team win.

The footy is back and not a moment to soon......... Lets get this weeks tips rolling out with what looks like a few good games coming up this weekend
ELTHAM...... Too big and strong
WILLI...... well it is umpire appreciation day!
ST.JOHNS...... no need to elaborate
VU..... can see these boys making a strong run into the finals will surprise a few on the run home!
POWERHOUSE.... Don't care really, Eddo will be the difference

Good luck to all and happy kick hunting :thumbsu:

The footy is back and not a moment to soon......... Lets get this weeks tips rolling out with what looks like a few good games coming up this weekend
ELTHAM...... Too big and strong
WILLI...... well it is umpire appreciation day!
ST.JOHNS...... no need to elaborate
VU..... can see these boys making a strong run into the finals will surprise a few on the run home!
POWERHOUSE.... Don't care really, Eddo will be the difference

Good luck to all and happy kick hunting :thumbsu:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry 'bout the post last week folks. Imported the column from Microsoft Word and 'gobbledygook' was the result.

Managed 4/5 in round 8 - 35/40 for season (only 6 behind Wafer!)

Review of Round 8:

Probably didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, but St Johns may look back on their one point victory against the Turtles as the defining moment of their season. Probably has secured them a finals spot (although their % remains a concern).

Round 9 Preview:

Monash to beat Uni High by 16pts (Only due to the home ground factor. A real '8 pointer' for the Gryphons. Win and they remain in finals contention, lose and the four is all but settled.
Cy's over Latrobe by 85 (Congrats to Willy for organising Umpire Appreciation day. Lee to bag 10).
Hawks over Eltham by 18 (Certainly deserves match of the day status, but Richard Ogge will prove too elusive).
The House over the Wicks by 21 (Danger game for the House, although they have too much to play for. Edwards vs Shane Mahony may determine the outcome).
St Johns over Razorbacks by 36 (St Johns have questionable form away from Doveton, but this will be to test)

Good luck to all (especially the battle of the forum heavyweights Waferknuckles vs Nikkoteen at East Caulfield Reserve)

Quasi

oh ho! more classic dee three canteen food humour, please stop my sides are bursting. yes they got beaten by willy, and as i've said willy is one very smooth side, but the point i was trying to make is hawthorn, who have a very new and young list, really are coming together well and it's showing on the scoreboard in the last few weeks. So they deserve to be treated with some respect in my opinion.

But of course, eltham, and then willy again in the next few rounds will be the litmus test.

Unfortunately White Lightning - when a club sings the song on the ground and continue to spruik when behind (like your reserves did at half time when a few goals down) Then you'll continue to be dogged by negative press. The D3 ammos thread is not for the faint hearted and she can be a cruel mistress - harden up!

I know everyone has been waiting for Iceberg's tips, so here they are:

Monash by 33 points over Uni High - Gryphons should be too strong, with Wells likely to get the job on Kirk.

St Johns by 41 points over Swinburne - Bit of a danger game for the Jocs, but they should have too much class. Abela to kick five.

Williamstown by 114 points over Latrobe - Lee to kick 12 and I am even tipping Ben 'Rock God' Hynes to sneak forward for a major.

Elsternwick by two points over Powerhouse - Just think Shane Mahony can do the job on Eddo and the Wicks can cause the upset.

Hawthorn by 62 points over Eltham - Coach Hollywood should be back for the Turtles, but Hawthorn play that small ground very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hats off to Latrobe...a close, hard-fought game. Maye too many "down-hill skiiers" in the Uni team to see them take the chocolates?
By the way, Benny Hynes b.o.g!!

great win by uni high in both teams.maybe the 2s could have switched to cricket at half time when monash were goalless, terrible ground

great win by uni high in both teams.maybe the 2s could have switched to cricket at half time when monash were goalless, terrible ground

You are right i thought the 2s would of been a bit better, ground wasnt that bad. im just waiting for waffers review on both games

lol i think there's worse grounds out there than monash's mate but anyway.
pretty poor showing by the gryphs on the weekend...played well 2nd and 3rd qtrs but when u give a team a 10 goal head start its always an uphill battle, still managed to peg it back to 1 pt before the uhs boys kicked away again though.
have put it down as one of our worse performances for the yr.

What was wrong with the ground? Was it as bad as elsternwicks with that massive lump where they bury dead people under the center square? I havnt played at monash since my first game for uni in 2006.. I was so unfit halfway through the first quarter the grass all looked orange and it felt like i was playing on a revolving ground.. That was real sh1t.. didnt help we had 15 blokes either.. no rest for any1.. Did anyone see a little asian guy with 2 different coloured thongs?

What a game we have on this Saturday: Williamstown CYMS vs Eltham. Clearly the game of the year thus far. Eltham have been the only team to put it up to the CY's, so we have been looking forward to the challange since the final siren blew last time we played them. CY's have just been coasting the last few weeks and it looks like Eltham have have been doing the same.
CY's werent too bad on Saturday. Latrobe had a couple of handy players and were a better outfit than we had anticipated (cant say the same about the two's!!). We kicked 2.12 in the last 1/4, shouldve easily been at least 10.4.
Coach - give us the inside word about your mob please haha.

What was wrong with the ground? Was it as bad as elsternwicks with that massive lump where they bury dead people under the center square? I havnt played at monash since my first game for uni in 2006.. I was so unfit halfway through the first quarter the grass all looked orange and it felt like i was playing on a revolving ground.. That was real sh1t.. didnt help we had 15 blokes either.. no rest for any1.. Did anyone see a little asian guy with 2 different coloured thongs?

lol me and shan where talking about him on sat. He looked like he had just come from phd that morning, but know he wasnt playing

lol me and shan where talking about him on sat. He looked like he had just come from phd that morning, but know he wasnt playing

He looked like a character out of initial D or voltron. Was funny as.. i suppose when ur getting pumped by 100 points u find other things to laugh at.. Im pretty sure his boots had heroin hidden under the caps of his studs..

does anyone have any news on kieran 'rudehead' donovan from La trobe 2nds. haven't seen him in the best. Is he injured or is it a heart string because he can not get a run in the ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back