D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't expect you Willy boys (Percy, G&B) to come out on the forum all cocky and start telling everyone how great you guys are and whats wrong with every other club, sounds to me like you guys are just perfect and that maybe you should be playing A grade instead of D3 Ammos??? So why aren't you then??? :confused:

I stated in my comments before, that you're the yard stick and I was identifiying the things we need to improve on to reach that level after losing both games by a couple of goals to you. We also kicked 5.7 & 7.9 in quarters against you that if it was 9 or 10 goals the game should have been over, was what I was referring too in regards to inaccuracy. As for injured players 2 have been season ending and all injuries occured in the first half whilst leading. Not here to make excuses, just identifiying were we fell done and need improve if we want to knock off Willy & Hathorn?? It looks to me as though you "certainly" don't know much at all Gold n Blue and I would focus on problems at your own club before judging of others.

So why are they cocky? Cuz they was robbed on percentage last year, and would probably still give some D2 sides a good run...

Not sure OTP but alot of arrogance showing out on the forum at the moment. Didn't expect the Willy boys to gloat so much and be so accomodating with advice for other teams???

Wow, I didn't expect you Willy boys (Percy, G&B) to come out on the forum all cocky and start telling everyone how great you guys are and whats wrong with every other club, sounds to me like you guys are just perfect and that maybe you should be playing A grade instead of D3 Ammos??? So why aren't you then??? :confused:

I stated in my comments before, that you're the yard stick and I was identifiying the things we need to improve on to reach that level after losing both games by a couple of goals to you. We also kicked 5.7 & 7.9 in quarters against you that if it was 9 or 10 goals the game should have been over, was what I was referring too in regards to inaccuracy. As for injured players 2 have been season ending and all injuries occured in the first half whilst leading. Not here to make excuses, just identifiying were we fell done and need improve if we want to knock off Willy & Hathorn?? It looks to me as though you "certainly" don't know much at all Gold n Blue and I would focus on problems at your own club before judging of others.
well said coach.............

From reading this thread and following the progress of the season from afar it seems to me that Williamstown are pretty justified in their gloating. It appears that teams that have lost to them all have extravagant excuses as to why they were beaten, and that they were in a position to win but didnt capitalise.

It sounds as though (LIKE IT OR NOT) that Willi are just better than the others, a theory supported by the 42 players that have rotated through the seniors, and the fact that they dont come on here and moan.

The posts are all a bit of tongue in cheek Coach to generate some topical conversation. I've hardly been offering expert advice. Willy have a good idea about the hard work that still lies ahead. We're not being cocky and arrogant, and we all realise it's D3 footy. That's why we always stick around for a beer and a laugh after the games. I think we play the game in good spirits and i throughly enjoyed the physical contest on the weekend. Think it has been our hardest hit out so far and you have provided us with a good contest on both occasions. Just being a little smart about your discipline (football is a passionate sport that is driven by emotions), but obviously your aware of what needs to be addressed.

Anyway last weeks in the past, let's look forward to this weeks footy. Some very interesting results on the weekend and not much talk about them, anyone got some match reports?

Looks like it was a week for the lower half of the ladder to give it a shake.
Sure everyone expected the Hawthorn vs. Swinburne game to be a blowout, what happened? And same with the Latrobe game...however in saying that Latrone weren't as bad as the ladder suggests when we played them the other week. Thought UHS-VU and St. Johns would have got up as well. Just shows how even the comp can be, could be a few more spots open in the top 4. Everyone except Swin/LaTr are definitely a chance depending on other results.
What does everyone think?

Just would like to take a bit of time fellas to congratulate someone a milestone this week. Bit been said bout this bloke lately on here and majority of it couldnt be more wrong. i want to congratulate leigh murphy on his 300th game for elsternwick this week. the only two time premiership player the club has had, multiple club BnF winner, 3 time comp BnF, and all round champion bloke. my highlight of playing at elsternwick is playing with leigh and the reason being that he played with my dad who is in his 60's. durability and a reasonable body has been the key to his longevity. So Leigh i wish you all the best for this weekend against St Johns and i am disappointed my knee wont allow me to be out there playing with you. Hope you play a blinder. All the best!

Well said Tex, I had the pleasure of coaching Murph many moons ago and he would have to be one of the best I've seen in my time. Dual Premiership player and 3 or 4 time comp B & F. He's a bloody champion and a great bloke. Fortuantely, my new team travels to EP 1 on Saturday, so I'll be looking forward to seeing Murph celebrate his day and enjoying a brew with the Wicker boys afterwards. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said Tex, I had the pleasure of coaching Murph many moons ago and he would have to be one of the best I've seen in my time. Dual Premiership player and 3 or 4 time comp B & F. He's a bloody champion and a great bloke. Fortuantely, my new team travels to EP 1 on Saturday, so I'll be looking forward to seeing Murph celebrate his day and enjoying a brew with the Wicker boys afterwards. ;)
I'm sure you would be most welcome. I also heard there will be a BBQ aftermatch also. Should be a HUGE day. On his day Leighthal could have walked into an section of tha Ammos and dominated! Had the pleasure of seeing him destroy Swinny in the second half of a very tight match a good few years ago. Unbeleivable! He was no spring chicken by then.

havent really followed the ammos til this yr now that im playing. just wondering if willy have been regualrs in d3? and why havent they gone up? played against their 2s and they seem to be very handy for a d3 club

havent really followed the ammos til this yr now that im playing. just wondering if willy have been regualrs in d3? and why havent they gone up? played against their 2s and they seem to be very handy for a d3 club
In 2000 D1 - 4 was created. Willi won D3 flag and were in D2 till 2007. Unlucky to be relegated last season...... we in D3 wish they hadn':thumbsu:t. Will go back up no worries! Good luck to youse gentlemens! Bewdiful!

In 2000 D1 - 4 was created. Willi won D3 flag and were in D2 till 2007. Unlucky to be relegated last season...... we in D3 wish they hadn':thumbsu:t. Will go back up no worries! Good luck to youse gentlemens! Bewdiful!

in a nut shell … Willy came down to D3's this year ... they actually didn't win the D3's in 2000, rather came runners up in 2000 and 2001 and was in D1's in 2002

D Grade Ammos = players who are not at their fittest, hence high number of injuries to D Grade sides

Just like other clubs Willy has had their fair share of injuries over the last few years and were forced to play about 40 to 50 players over that time in the senior team. They lost something like 8 or 9 games by less than 2 goals last year … leading for half of those till late in the last quarter only to lose them right at the end. And they only got relegated by 0.2% with 6 wins

This year a new coach has come down and changed the formula. We have picked up some gun recruits from neighbouring clubs and the fact that there is a great feel at the club has seen all those 40 to 50 senior players who have played over prior years return

Result = Willy has very good depth … about 40 blokes have played seniors regularly and even though there still have been a large number of injuries at the club, they have had the personnel to cover … which seems to be the downfall of other clubs

The ressies regularly have a good number of senior players … however, this week fielded probably their weakest team, probably highlighting that Willy has the greatest number if injuries at the moment … but this is no excuse … injuries come at any time especially during finals. Eltham played well in the 2’s and a fair effort to turn a 100+ loss into a 2 goals victory

Given the Hawks have been talking it up … really looking froward to this weeks game!!!

in a nut shell … Willy came down to D3's this year ... they actually didn't win the D3's in 2000, rather came runners up in 2000 and 2001 and was in D1's in 2002

D Grade Ammos = players who are not at their fittest, hence high number of injuries to D Grade sides

Just like other clubs Willy has had their fair share of injuries over the last few years and were forced to play about 40 to 50 players over that time in the senior team. They lost something like 8 or 9 games by less than 2 goals last year … leading for half of those till late in the last quarter only to lose them right at the end. And they only got relegated by 0.2% with 6 wins

This year a new coach has come down and changed the formula. We have picked up some gun recruits from neighbouring clubs and the fact that there is a great feel at the club has seen all those 40 to 50 senior players who have played over prior years return

Result = Willy has very good depth … about 40 blokes have played seniors regularly and even though there still have been a large number of injuries at the club, they have had the personnel to cover … which seems to be the downfall of other clubs

The ressies regularly have a good number of senior players … however, this week fielded probably their weakest team, probably highlighting that Willy has the greatest number if injuries at the moment … but this is no excuse … injuries come at any time especially during finals. Eltham played well in the 2’s and a fair effort to turn a 100+ loss into a 2 goals victory

Given the Hawks have been talking it up … really looking froward to this weeks game!!!

i reckon they should get as keen as they can then. maybe get outta d grade the way they are going.

Sorry about my absence last week for previews and the like. Your well-wishes were much appreciated. Only picked 3/5 Doh! Like other scribes I was left aghast at the upsets at Thomas Carroll Reserve and Brens Oval.

Review:

Round 10 has taught us that:
- Williamstown and Hawthorn are dead certs for finals as are Latrobe
and Swinburne set for relegation (don't have to be Einstein to work that
one out).
- There is precious little (at least on the ladder) between 3rd and 8th.
- The Wicks may yet make a late run at the finals. No one would want
to meet them at Elsternwick Park in the coming two months.
- St Johns are very lucky to be in the 4. Poor % and a lucky win against
the Turtles a couple of weeks back.
- The House are a very hard team to follow (Like a Rick Hore-Lacy
trained horse)
- Monash are not playing well but have the scope for improvement

Preview:

A couple of Crucial fixtures at ECR & Fearson

Monash over The House by 2pts (Home ground the decider for me here. The loser can kiss finals goodbye. A virtual Elimination final)
Eltham over Latrobe by 47 (Latrobe can't win against weaker opposition, so no conceivable reason why they would trouble the Turtles)
Willy over the Hawks by 16 (Match of the day for sure. Should be a cracker. Would pick the Hawks if it were at Rathmines. Ogge vs Lee: Whoever kicks more may be crucial in deciding the result)
Wicks over St Johns by 31 (Just can't see St Johns winning this on current form. But then again you never know which Elsternwick will turn up?)
Uni High over Swinny by 35 ( No way UHS-VU will let another home game slip)

Good Luck to all

Quasi

rumour is that lee wont be playing for willy this week due to injury? hawthorn will still have its problems containing willys fwds though,with a few back from injury.

I think Willy played away round 1 2002 in grade D1 against Parkdale Vultures at the old Southern Road reserve. Pouring rain and were belted. Their coach that year didn't last long at it might have been a tough year from there . . . they then stayed in D2 until 2007 ? ? Is that about right ?

They did lose to Powerhouse in the D3 Grand Final (seniors) in 2000. But whilst Willy went up again, The 'House went 0-18 in 2001 in D2 . . . . I think Hawthorn also have endured a 0-18 year in section D2 . . .

Review:

Round 10 has taught us that:
- Williamstown and Hawthorn are dead certs for finals as are Latrobe
and Swinburne set for relegation (don't have to be Einstein to work that
one out).
- There is precious little (at least on the ladder) between 3rd and 8th.
- The Wicks may yet make a late run at the finals. No one would want
to meet them at Elsternwick Park in the coming two months.
- St Johns are very lucky to be in the 4. Poor % and a lucky win against
the Turtles a couple of weeks back.
- The House are a very hard team to follow (Like a Rick Hore-Lacy
trained horse)
- Monash are not playing well but have the scope for improvement

Preview:

A couple of Crucial fixtures at ECR & Fearson

Monash over The House by 2pts (Home ground the decider for me here. The loser can kiss finals goodbye. A virtual Elimination final)
Eltham over Latrobe by 47 (Latrobe can't win against weaker opposition, so no conceivable reason why they would trouble the Turtles)
Willy over the Hawks by 16 (Match of the day for sure. Should be a cracker. Would pick the Hawks if it were at Rathmines. Ogge vs Lee: Whoever kicks more may be crucial in deciding the result)
Wicks over St Johns by 31 (Just can't see St Johns winning this on current form. But then again you never know which Elsternwick will turn up?)
Uni High over Swinny by 35 ( No way UHS-VU will let another home game slip)

Good Luck to all

Quasi.

Seems the House were given a wake up call a couple of Sats. ago. Have found the "mongrel" and will test the best in coming weeks. The Gryphons have a good midfield and this will be a test of the shooters. Expect a fast free flowing game. Neatest correct entry....Gryphs, but I'm not too confident. RESERVES If Richo plays in the 2's then the house.

Eltham, at home. Dont think the winning margin will be as flattering though. I expect Turtles will do just enough to get the 4 points! % is hard to get in the second half of the season.RSERVES Eltham by heaps.

WCYMS
. Would love to watch this one. Won't say too much 'cause I've ruffelled enough Hawk feathers this season. Fearon Force are flying. Go Gulls. RESERVES. Gulls a plenty.

The Saints are stinging from a home loss. Rare as rocking horse droppings. Will throw everthing at the zimmer frame boys. And just might come up trumps. RESERVES No contest in the magoos.....The mighty Murph's swan song. Any wicker with any ticker will not let this moment go uncelebrated.
Good on you Leigh.

UHS VU yet again another game to test the fortitude of the Vulyures. Swinny are trying to convince everyone they are far from "gawn". Dunno, the zoo-poo-crew might have been stung by last week and will put their boots on the correct feet this week. Really unlucky last Sat.
Seems they have a good chance to prove that home ground advantage is not their only longsuit. RSESERVES. If "Mary" Higgins plays again this week...could surprise the fleet footed scavengers.

As usual, no correspondence will be entered into. Only my thoughts and do not represent the opinions or policy of the management.

The ' winder has writ...and now going for a "cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down"

I didn't stick around for beers after training tonight, so I will get right into my tips for this round.

Powerhouse over Monash Gryphons by 18 points - House have owned the Gryphs of late.

Eltham over La Trobe by 88 points - Everyone is saying La Trobe are good, but the fact is that they have won one game.

Willy over Hawthorn by 44 points - Willy impossible to beat at home.

St Johns over Elsternwick by 13 points - Should be a good clash but I have a feeling the small ground will suit the Jocs.

Swinnie over Uni High by eight points - Expect Higgins to play seniors and Swinny to be too strong at home (not sure what fixture you are looking at Quasimodo?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back