D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
like the fat dog that he is,d.lauletta struck our smallest(and possibly the smallest onballer in the comp)m.lishman with a clear forearm to the head,during a centre clearance.lishman was having a purple patch at the time,so the fat prick decided to try and take him out.that was just minutes after he deliberately tripped another player,but got away with it.
just to top it off,he sucked up to lishman after the hit,saying that there wasnt much in it,was there?
he is a fat,hot dog eating,shit bloke.and with his history is sure to get rubbed out for a couple.having said all that,he can actually play the game,so why would he stoop that low?
hats off to the hawks,their comeback was awesome,and they should be proud.we look fwd to playn them in the finals again.

Lemms,

any word on what lauletta actually did to get reported on saturday?

Yes, cheap shot by Lauletta on Lishman, but it had the desired result: Lisha was in everything up til that point but then went completely out of the game.
This match turned in the last two minutes of the 2nd quarter when Willy were paid a free 30 metres out from goal, which would have made it 50 pts at half time. Some ill-discipline (hint: never, ever argue, remonstrate or back-chat when your team has a free-kick) saw the kick reversed and Hawthorn ran the ball forward to score a goal and go in 38 pts down and a tiny bit of momentum, which they grabbed with both hands.
I feel a loss will do Willy some good (like the 2s the week before). Dave Lee, Will Cooper (chb) and Tim Wheeler were missing, so certainly no panic stations. Disappointingly, they could not stop the hemmoraging in the 3rd q which was a concern. However, as badly as they played in the 2nd half, they were only 2 points down with 30 seconds to go, with Hawthorn kicking a sealer just before the siren.
A fantastic match to watch, with good contests all over the ground. Ogge is a star, but my question-mark over Hawthorn is how some of the more "burly" blokes will go on the larger grounds come finals time?

In regards to all responces.
Yeah C.Mahoney would be in the injury group.
It's just my opinion why doesn't someone else put their's out then? It's a forum after all to voice your opinions???
Also I think the young Willy guys will make that list in a couple more years,
but they're not there yet!
They are all key position players as they are the most important players & positions for each club.

Top 10 D3 Players…
1.P.Edwards
2.D.Lee
3.L.Wells
4.L.Gorringe
5.J.Garrard
6.S.Grace
7.C.Taylor
8.N.Rutherford
9.C.Cachia
10.R.Ogge

Missed through injury/absent..
T.Ludeman
T.Wheeler
D.Lauletta
K.Arnold
M.Higgins
C.Mahony

It's just my opinion why doesn't someone else put their's out then? It's a forum after all to voice your opinions???
They are all key position players as they are the most important players & positions for each club.

Top 10 D3 Players…
1.P.Edwards
2.D.Lee
3.L.Wells
4.L.Gorringe
5.J.Garrard
6.S.Grace
7.C.Taylor
8.N.Rutherford
9.C.Cachia
10.R.Ogge

T.Ludeman
T.Wheeler
D.Lauletta
K.Arnold
M.Higgins
C.Mahony

Are you kidding bloke?? To have Ogge at no.10 shows you haven't seen him play. He is clearly in the top 3 with Edwards and Lee.

Top 10 D3 Players…
1.P.Edwards
2.D.Lee
3.L.Wells
4.L.Gorringe
5.J.Garrard
6.S.Grace
7.C.Taylor
8.N.Rutherford
9.C.Cachia
10.R.Ogge

T.Ludeman
T.Wheeler
D.Lauletta
K.Arnold
M.Higgins
C.Mahony

Good call DGradeAmmo...Lets get some other opinions

Krusty's top ten

1. P Edwards (Powerhouse) - clear number one for mine. Has been one of the best players in the lower rungs of the VAFA for the past 10 years now. Can play fwd and back and has represented the Big V on numerous occasions.

2. L Wells (Monash) - Class player who reads the play superbly and holds the Gryphons defence down every match. Good skills on either side of the body and can always be relied upon to take a match saving mark.

3. D Lee (Williamstown) - Good hands, good kick for goal and can bob up late in a match even when being well held.

4. C Mahony (Elsternwick) - Classy onballer who runs all day. Uses the ball well on either side of the body and is a strong tackler.

5. B Garrard (Eltham) - Some may see this as a surprise but the younger Garrard is an excellent grab, a good kick and has the ability to win games off his own boot. Just needs to get a bit more consistent.

6. R Ogge (Hawthorn) - Doesn't look like a footballer but knows how to find it and, more importantly, is a superb finisher. If the Hawks are going to go deep into the finals, they need him firing.

7. L Gorringe (Uni High) - Runs all day and is as tough as they come. Very consistent and has a burst of pace which he uses well. Reads the play well and his team-mates use him well.

8. D Lauletta (Hawthorn) - Much malinged on this forum but very much a quality footballer. Has been in the top two or three in the sharp shooters every year for about the past 10. Superb kick and an excellent mark.

9. C Taylor (Williamstown) - Highly skillful, but probably doesn't stand out that much because Willy have heaps of onballers that are highly rated. Would be higher up the list at a poorer team.

10. C Cachia (St Johns) - Probably the best kick for goal in D3 and still has enough nous to get his big body in front and take a mark. IS getting on in years, but can still influence games.

Honourable mentions

S Grace (Elsternwick)
J Garrard (Eltham)
N Rutherford (Monash)
D Lyons (Swinburne)
B Pickering (St Johns)
B Hynes (Willy)
P Sosic (Powerhouse)

Good call DGradeAmmo...Lets get some other opinions

Krusty's top ten

1. P Edwards (Powerhouse) - clear number one for mine. Has been one of the best players in the lower rungs of the VAFA for the past 10 years now. Can play fwd and back and has represented the Big V on numerous occasions.

2. L Wells (Monash) - Class player who reads the play superbly and holds the Gryphons defence down every match. Good skills on either side of the body and can always be relied upon to take a match saving mark.

3. D Lee (Williamstown) - Good hands, good kick for goal and can bob up late in a match even when being well held.

4. C Mahony (Elsternwick) - Classy onballer who runs all day. Uses the ball well on either side of the body and is a strong tackler.

5. B Garrard (Eltham) - Some may see this as a surprise but the younger Garrard is an excellent grab, a good kick and has the ability to win games off his own boot. Just needs to get a bit more consistent.

6. R Ogge (Hawthorn) - Doesn't look like a footballer but knows how to find it and, more importantly, is a superb finisher. If the Hawks are going to go deep into the finals, they need him firing.

7. L Gorringe (Uni High) - Runs all day and is as tough as they come. Very consistent and has a burst of pace which he uses well. Reads the play well and his team-mates use him well.

8. D Lauletta (Hawthorn) - Much malinged on this forum but very much a quality footballer. Has been in the top two or three in the sharp shooters every year for about the past 10. Superb kick and an excellent mark.

9. C Taylor (Williamstown) - Highly skillful, but probably doesn't stand out that much because Willy have heaps of onballers that are highly rated. Would be higher up the list at a poorer team.

10. C Cachia (St Johns) - Probably the best kick for goal in D3 and still has enough nous to get his big body in front and take a mark. IS getting on in years, but can still influence games.

Honourable mentions

S Grace (Elsternwick)
J Garrard (Eltham)
N Rutherford (Monash)
D Lyons (Swinburne)
B Pickering (St Johns)
B Hynes (Willy)
P Sosic (Powerhouse)

What about K Donovan for La Trobe Uni

Much maligned, and out for three weeks for the cheap shot on Saturday.

Much maligned, and out for three weeks for the cheap shot on Saturday.
i wouldnt think it would be acheap shot from dan:) the other fella probably needed a cuff for a reason , had fun playing with u over the years dan and others . :thumbsu:still would like to no who is the biggest cat going around in d3. thanks for the few who wrote kind words all the best to most . signing off apparently lethal see u boys.....

The Battle of the cellar dwellars oh yeah!
Result comes down to the key match up of A.sherriff(nancy boy), and tex of swinny. 2 Absolute duds and whoever gets more of the ball out of these 2 there team will lose. word on the street is, if swinburne somehow avoid relegation the preying mantis tex will be still relegated by himself!

The Battle of the cellar dwellars oh yeah!
Result comes down to the key match up of A.sherriff(nancy boy), and tex of swinny. 2 Absolute duds and whoever gets more of the ball out of these 2 there team will lose. word on the street is, if swinburne somehow avoid relegation the preying mantis tex will be still relegated by himself!

I hear A.Sherriff got dropped for Greame Parr, it could just be rumour though

I hear A.Sherriff got dropped for Greame Parr, it could just be rumour though
well considering graeme parr is the preferred option over A.Sherriff i think its true. I also heard that Graeme Parr challenged A.Sherriff to a drink off in the 'hour of power' after the game.......a rumour like that has to be true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monash cant make it. Losses to the House and Uni in the last 3 weeks shows they are no chance. Still between St Johns and the House. Jocs must win this weekend.

St Johns are injury riddled, as I suspect are others, judging by the lack of sprouting on this thread. UHS I suspect for one, what say you Nikko? Elsternwick obviously taking advantage of the slower pace of some sides to notch a few surprising results. Away wins were rare for the 'wicks earlier on.Hawthorn breathed some life into the top of the table positions. Can Eltham keep on keeping on with the House breathing down their necks?

Teams 4 to 8 currently calculating win-loss prospects going into rounds 13 to 18. Who will win, who will loose? Certainly keeps the games interesting.Might have to include Turtles in that equation perhaps from round 15.

So, this week, LaTrobe to hold of Swinburne.
Monash to defeat the Jocs.
UHS will not cover Hawthorn
Power House will surprise Eltham. My close one.
Williamstown rebound and test the wicks resurgence (if it is a resurgence.)
Saturday night might see some changing ladder positions.Then again maybe not. All will become obvious.

Top 10 D3 Players…
1.P.Edwards
2.D.Lee
3.L.Wells
4.L.Gorringe
5.J.Garrard
6.S.Grace
7.C.Taylor
8.N.Rutherford
9.C.Cachia
10.R.Ogge

T.Ludeman
T.Wheeler
D.Lauletta
K.Arnold
M.Higgins
C.Mahony

Mate, there is a guy running around for Hawthorn this year who has won a A-grade Flag, B-Grade Flag, C-Grade Flag and 3 club B&F's in A-Grade & B-Grade. Surely he would have to be in the top 5!!
I have only seen about 5 D3 games this year but Ogge would have to be clearly number 1.

Mate, there is a guy running around for Hawthorn this year who has won a A-grade Flag, B-Grade Flag, C-Grade Flag and 3 club B&F's in A-Grade & B-Grade. Surely he would have to be in the top 5!!
I have only seen about 5 D3 games this year but Ogge would have to be clearly number 1.

So did Ogge win B&F's & Premierships elsewhere then? Because I can't remember Hawthorn playing that high recently? On his form this season he would be no.1 at the moment in my opinion also but on importance to his side and probably due to injury he hasn't been the first player you've needed to stop over the last couple of years, so i can see where Dgrade's coming from. If I did a season 2008 top 10 then Ogge no.1 & Edwards no.2 just Vs the Turtles so far.

Iceberg's tips:

La Trobe over Swinburne by 14 points - no one really cares as both clubs will be relegated.

Monash over St Johns by two points - Jocs and Gryphs always have close games but I am tipping Leeton to be the difference in the ruck.

Uni High over Hawthorn by six points - Hawks due for a letdown after their big win last week.

Powerhouse over Eltham by 33 points - House will end up in third place and are my tip to go up to D2 with Willy.

Williamstown over Elsternwick by 18 points - Willy should regain Lee and will need him as the Wicks are in good form.

So did Ogge win B&F's & Premierships elsewhere then? Because I can't remember Hawthorn playing that high recently? On his form this season he would be no.1 at the moment in my opinion also but on importance to his side and probably due to injury he hasn't been the first player you've needed to stop over the last couple of years, so i can see where Dgrade's coming from. If I did a season 2008 top 10 then Ogge no.1 & Edwards no.2 just Vs the Turtles so far.

Its not Ogge.

Bollywood - try the Murray River - cryptic??​

Iceberg's tips:

La Trobe over Swinburne by 14 points - no one really cares as both clubs will be relegated.

Monash over St Johns by two points - Jocs and Gryphs always have close games but I am tipping Leeton to be the difference in the ruck.

Uni High over Hawthorn by six points - Hawks due for a letdown after their big win last week.

Powerhouse over Eltham by 33 points - House will end up in third place and are my tip to go up to D2 with Willy.

Williamstown over Elsternwick by 18 points - Willy should regain Lee and will need him as the Wicks are in good form.

---------------------------------------

Very quick column from Quasi this morning. Been in QLD all week.

Review of Round 11:

We have a tremor in the force. The Wicks are coming and will beat almost anyone on current form.
St Johns are gone.
The Hawks are very good but flags are not won in June.
Powerhouse and the Gryphons and both much weaker than the top 2, but one will sneak into the four.

Preview:

Hawks over Uni High by 56 (Danger game for the Hawks, but they will be too strong in all departments)
Monash to beat St Johns by 18 (Joc's would be lucky to beat Latrobe or Swinburne on current form).
Cy's by 3 over Elsternwick (Clear match of the day. Wicks are playing as well as anyone and I want to pick them. But against Willy on the rebound, at Fearon. No I don't have the guts)
Swinny by 6 over Latrobe (The Razorbacks poor form has not been quite as pitiful as the Trobers).
Eltham over The House by 14 (Should be a beauty. Eltham simply must win this if they are to be taken seriously as a premiership chance. If the House prevail, get ready for a similar insignificant Elimination Final in a couple of months)

Good luck to all

Quasi

---------------------------------------

Very quick column from Quasi this morning. Been in QLD all week.

Review of Round 11:

We have a tremor in the force. The Wicks are coming and will beat almost anyone on current form.
St Johns are gone.
The Hawks are very good but flags are not won in June.
Powerhouse and the Gryphons and both much weaker than the top 2, but one will sneak into the four.

Preview:

Hawks over Uni High by 56 (Danger game for the Hawks, but they will be too strong in all departments)
Monash to beat St Johns by 18 (Joc's would be lucky to beat Latrobe or Swinburne on current form).
Cy's by 3 over Elsternwick (Clear match of the day. Wicks are playing as well as anyone and I want to pick them. But against Willy on the rebound, at Fearon. No I don't have the guts)
Swinny by 6 over Latrobe (The Razorbacks poor form has not been quite as pitiful as the Trobers).
Eltham over The House by 14 (Should be a beauty. Eltham simply must win this if they are to be taken seriously as a premiership chance. If the House prevail, get ready for a similar insignificant Elimination Final in a couple of months)

Good luck to all

Quasi

Quasi,
It will come down to who beats who for the next 6 weeks.

Willi by 38. Wicks were 6 pts down 7 mins into last qtr. Best for Willi were McNamara and Rowlings ................(umpires).

UHS over Hawks x 72! Go figure?

Gryphons over StJohns x 39, quiet day?

Latrobe over Swinny x 7.
Terry Ludeman is back.

Turtles?????????? House x 25. Rabbit & Tortise?
:eek:

so Did Ogge Win B&f's & Premierships Elsewhere Then? Because I Can't Remember Hawthorn Playing That High Recently? On His Form This Season He Would Be No.1 At The Moment In My Opinion Also But On Importance To His Side And Probably Due To Injury He Hasn't Been The First Player You've Needed To Stop Over The Last Couple Of Years, So I Can See Where Dgrade's Coming From. If I Did A Season 2008 Top 10 Then Ogge No.1 & Edwards No.2 Just Vs The Turtles So Far.
Good Win For The House, Edwards Was Just To Big And Strong For Your Backline Coach Hollywood?

Quasi,
It will come down to who beats who for the next 6 weeks.

Willi by 38. Wicks were 6 pts down 7 mins into last qtr. Best for Willi were McNamara and Rowlings ................(umpires).

UHS over Hawks x 72! Go figure?

Gryphons over StJohns x 39, quiet day?

Latrobe over Swinny x 7.
Terry Ludeman is back.

Turtles?????????? House x 25. Rabbit & Tortise?
:eek:

Are the Wicks out of the finals race Sidewinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back