williamstown 15 15 105
hawthorn 14 14 98

williamstown 13 8 86
eltham 16 10 106

powerhouse 11 8 74
eltham 12 8 80

uhsvu 10 9 69
powerhouse 6 10 46

williamstowns 2's should absolutley annihalate elthams 2's, unless something goes wrong or eltham bring in Darryl Strawberry. Damn ringers.

my selections for the games over the weekend:

williamstown 15 15 105
hawthorn 14 14 98

williamstown 13 8 86
eltham 16 10 106

powerhouse 11 8 74
eltham 12 8 80

uhsvu 10 9 69
powerhouse 6 10 46

Stewie40 do you have a job? How do you have the time to come up with the scores of this round for all grades!

Boys,

My tips for this weeks first round of finals football for D3.

I'll see if I can find some cliche's...

They have everything to play for....the season starts now...

Willy to smash the Hawks. Too fast, too strong, big ground will worry the Hawks and Willys run off half back should be the difference. I actually think it will be close but I hate everyone and everything associated with The Hacks that I want to see them retain their form of the last 10 years and miss out again...let's hope it's straight sets!

Willy have been primed for this game for 8 weeks now and they should unleash their fury on the Hacks.

The big questions are..."How many pies will Jackomos eat during the game?" and "How many beers will Lauletta drink after the game?"

Oh, and there is one other question..."Can Hacks coach Tyson get any fatter and any less popular?"

The House seems to have the edge over the Turtles winning recent encounters easily, especially in big games and finals. The House to have a few big names return including the elbow wielding captain...

Elthams season has run off the rails of late and Coach Hollywood needs to have a cold hard look at himself as a leader on and off the field and especially during matches with his abuse of his team and the officials.

I think the House should get up comfortably over the Turtles.

In the Magoos, Willy to smash the arrogant cocky Eltham magoos while The House and UHSOB to draw and play extra time. Can't pick it...The House by 1 point just to piss off Boycey!

Finals Predictions

Hawthorn (as long as their heads are kept in check) to beat Willy

Eltham and Powerhouse just making up the numbers - but congrats on being there, its better than what we did.

Finals Predictions

Hawthorn (as long as their heads are kept in check) to beat Willy

Eltham and Powerhouse just making up the numbers - but congrats on being there, its better than what we did.

Preview

Cy's by 28 over Hawthorn (Wong will fire and Hawthorn will be hard pressed to stop him. May be a shootout if conditions are dry, but wet conditions will only strenghten Willy's resolve)

The House by 58 over Eltham (Unless the Turtles have got back their star players they wil not get within a bull's roar of Powerhouse. Edoo and Sosic to fire and set them up for a Grand Final tilt)

Good luck to all involved and congrats to all four clubs that made the finals.

Quasi

Preview

Cy's by 28 over Hawthorn (Wong will fire and Hawthorn will be hard pressed to stop him. May be a shootout if conditions are dry, but wet conditions will only strenghten Willy's resolve)

The House by 58 over Eltham (Unless the Turtles have got back their star players they wil not get within a bull's roar of Powerhouse. Edoo and Sosic to fire and set them up for a Grand Final tilt)

Good luck to all involved and congrats to all four clubs that made the finals.

Quasi

my first message on this forum, and boy does it feel good

eltham by a point, oh yeah, come on next week

Saturday's game between Powerhouse and Eltham was a close one with the result going agaisnt what everyone thought. What was the game like??

Good result for the CY's - both seniors and magoos. great game to watch. Well done to both teams!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saturday's game between Powerhouse and Eltham was a close one with the result going agaisnt what everyone thought. What was the game like??

Good result for the CY's - both seniors and magoos. great game to watch. Well done to both teams!

From an unbiased observer the game was a massive battle. Neither team could really gain any ascendancy with the ground conditions making it a slogfest. Neither team really deserved to win or lose the game from what i could see.
The most dissapointing part i thought was that the umpire pretty much decided the game with 10 seconds to go with a ticky-touch free kick to Eltham after keeping his whistle away all game. It was a great kick to win it but you hate seeing the umpires determine the game!! Well done to Eltham though.

CY's V Hawks was a good tough game. Hawks inaccurate kicking cost them bigtime. Umpires called a tough game and let most things go. Next week will be a cracker but i think the Hawk's will just get up to give them another shot at the CY's.

CY's V Hawks was a good tough game. Hawks inaccurate kicking cost them bigtime. Umpires called a tough game and let most things go. Next week will be a cracker but i think the Hawk's will just get up to give them another shot at the CY's.

After half time, CY carried the ball more and players ran forward and provided more options. Hawk forwards ran out of puff and needed pinpoint delivery or more support after ball went to ground. Great contest but CY better on the day. Nothing to do with inaccurate kicking. That's just an excuse.

From an unbiased observer the game was a massive battle. Neither team could really gain any ascendancy with the ground conditions making it a slogfest. Neither team really deserved to win or lose the game from what i could see.
The most dissapointing part i thought was that the umpire pretty much decided the game with 10 seconds to go with a ticky-touch free kick to Eltham after keeping his whistle away all game. It was a great kick to win it but you hate seeing the umpires determine the game!! Well done to Eltham though.

Have to agree footy fan, it was enjoyable to watch, some interesting banter in the crowd , and an even tussle, umpires pocketed the whistles and let the game go, thought there was an excessive amount of head highs and big House ruckmen was interferred with all day long at boundary throw ins, by the way, Hollywood , who contuinually professes to be a clean player, nice right to the crown jewels of the big ruckman. Thought with around 6 minutes or so to go and the scorebaord reading house by 18, that it was all over for Eltham, but kept on attacking and attacking, certainly one of the most technical free kicks I have seen, taking into account what went through to the keeper all day. House undoubtedly not fielding the same team I seen against Willy. Thought, Burnside, 12, 21, 30, Taylor and Sosic nearly won the game for them. Also losing Boland ( best full back, who played at CHF) early in the game and 11 not producing what I have seen him capable of was the difference.
Won't get to see any more, but I bet Willy are happy they don't have to front up to the house and the Captain would have come back in all fired up. Eltham may have played their Grand Final and think the team everyone loves to hate will be joining Willy in D2.

Apart from the first quarter, hawthorn kicked the first goal or two in each of the other quarters, then tapered off toward the end of each Q. It looked to me like to me like Willy had the superior fitness, finishing off each quarter the stronger. It was a hard, tough game with plenty of skill errors from both teams, mainly due to the pressure. In many ways, the result of the prelim will be decided by which team recovers better during the week and fronts up fresher next Sunday. Although I think Hawthorn are the better team, Eltham are a huge chance if they have the legs.

After half time, CY carried the ball more and players ran forward and provided more options. Hawk forwards ran out of puff and needed pinpoint delivery or more support after ball went to ground. Great contest but CY better on the day. Nothing to do with inaccurate kicking. That's just an excuse.

Agreed mate. No excuses. Hope to do it again in a couple of weeks but first need to get over Eltham.

D3 Team of the Year..???

B: P.Sosic (PH) P.Edwards (PH) A.Jones (StJ)
HB: L.Piccollo (Haw) L.Wells (Mon) N.Hodskiss (Els)
C: L.Aitken (Haw) N.Rutherford (Mon) A.Whyte (Elt)
HF: H.Dillon (Elt) D.Smith (Els) J.Wong (Wil)
FF: S.Grace (Els) R.Ogge (Haw) D.Lee (Wil)
R: D.Burnside (PH) L.Gorringe (UHS) M.Lishman (Wil)
B: M.Crooks (Elt) C.Taylor (Wil) LaTrobe B&F, Swinny B&F.

D3 Team of the Year..???

Good effort DgradeAmmo. Always fun to debate teams of the year.
Would be good to know B&F results from clubs when they happen.

Turfie,

Elsternwicks Best n Fairest results for the seniors were....

1st place - 153 votes B Mahony
2nd place - 103 votes S Grace
3rd place - 99 votes D Smith

Turfie,

Elsternwicks Best n Fairest results for the seniors were....

1st place - 153 votes B Mahony
2nd place - 103 votes S Grace
3rd place - 99 votes D Smith

Thanks Texyboy. I did read that after posting.
Interesting that Dgradeammo couldn't sneak Mahony into his side.

D3 Team of the Year..???

Hey DgradeAmmo,

A few flaws in your side as selected.

Mahoney from Elsternwick not selected?

Wells (Monash) and Sosic (Power House) both had average years. It seems you selected them on reputation rather than actual form.

You selected the Wells (centre half back) and Rutherford (centre) both from Monash. Are you on drugs? Two players in key positions from a team that failed miserably in living up to their own hyped up expectations (and missed the finals) in the team of the year!!

You must play for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back