D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for ammo teams to play teams in their own grade in practice matches? i have played in several other major metro leagues and its unheard of to play teams in practice matches who you will be playing during the season. Gives way too much away i reckon????!!! OW are scheduled to play Haw Ammos in a practice match too - to me it seems a strange idea? :confused:

Some valid points, but I doubt anyone who has been around the ammos too long would put much credit in practice match results. The difference in most sides between round 1 to any practice match would be in my experience be at least half, and then about the same again by round 2. Agree with others that the spirit of Ammo games is better, and that most blokes and teams are treating them as that - a practice match.

Mark Harvey, how long have you been involved with Kew? Are reports true of numbers? Talent? A bit rich that you have put the silver ware on display at the Cottages already!

Some valid points, but I doubt anyone who has been around the ammos too long would put much credit in practice match results. The difference in most sides between round 1 to any practice match would be in my experience be at least half, and then about the same again by round 2. Agree with others that the spirit of Ammo games is better, and that most blokes and teams are treating them as that - a practice match.

Mark Harvey, how long have you been involved with Kew? Are reports true of numbers? Talent? A bit rich that you have put the silver ware on display at the Cottages already!

Hunter you more than anyone should know where Harvs is from;)

Did any see any practice game sover the w/e, any surprises????? who look good/bad?

Not much to worry about out OW way. I was expecting a lot going by this forum but didn't see much.

Have they had a ground to train on? That might have something to do with it.

Not much to worry about out OW way. I was expecting a lot going by this forum but didn't see much.

Have they had a ground to train on? That might have something to do with it.

Gee grant you must be keen going out to the $$$hit farm to watch a practy match, not much at home for you???????

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop the forum a quick note to say that I will not be writing in the AF this year. It is pretty disappointing, however, with a new baby (future Warrior Jack Flower) and a promotion at work that will take up a lot more time, I just did not have the time to put in that I had over the 6 or so years I have been doing it.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this forum for the banter and insights over the past year or so, it has been great.

I will still, however, make sure I post my "biased" opinions in here when I get a chance and wish everyone all the best in the upcoming season.

When I stood down, they asked me if I had any suggestions. I gave them Andrew Horsburgh from OW as a suggestion. A real wordsmith who has a very dry and funny sense of humour, and of course, he also has great insight into D3. Hopefully Burra took up the challenge if it was put to him.

Gav

Did any see any practice game sover the w/e, any surprises????? who look good/bad?

Mark,
Word on the street is that you are involved with a club that wears black and white after previously being involved with a club that wears black and white . Is this true? If it is true you should have a pretty good idea as to how one of the praccy matches went over the weekend.

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop the forum a quick note to say that I will not be writing in the AF this year. It is pretty disappointing, however, with a new baby (future Warrior Jack Flower) and a promotion at work that will take up a lot more time, I just did not have the time to put in that I had over the 6 or so years I have been doing it.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this forum for the banter and insights over the past year or so, it has been great.

I will still, however, make sure I post my "biased" opinions in here when I get a chance and wish everyone all the best in the upcoming season.

When I stood down, they asked me if I had any suggestions. I gave them Andrew Horsburgh from OW as a suggestion. A real wordsmith who has a very dry and funny sense of humour, and of course, he also has great insight into D3. Hopefully Burra took up the challenge if it was put to him.

Gav

Could I suggest Mark Harvey as he is always got something positve to say.

Geesh.. from one OW flag-waver to another... :)

All the best Gav with "real life" and cheers for all your efforts with the AF.

You should have suggested the 3 stooges from last season as the new scribes. :cool::cool::cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark,
Word on the street is that you are involved with a club that wears black and white after previously being involved with a club that wears black and white . Is this true? If it is true you should have a pretty good idea as to how one of the praccy matches went over the weekend.

True Lenny you have got me, i was lucky enough to play with Euroa, but i cant do all the work for you, you'll have to work out the rest for yourself

Hunter you more than anyone should know where Harvs is from;)

It's a shame old timer that you had 30 or so blokes out on Saturday and therefore couldn't knock off WB. Now that you have seen WB's team and have made your rounds to a few other D3 clubs to watch their training, are you more confident than ever that they are wasting their time this year?

It's a shame old timer that you had 30 or so blokes out on Saturday and therefore couldn't knock off WB. Now that you have seen WB's team and have made your rounds to a few other D3 clubs to watch their training, are you more confident than ever that they are wasting their time this year?

the silence is deafening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back