D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champ can say definitely that there is no in fighting at Kew. Looking forward to our must win game against Monash. 2 weeks ago we beat Ivanhoe by 50 and played some good footy, have had a bit of bad luck over the past 2 weeks but will be willing to rectify this on Sat. 3rd Place is on 2 - 2 and 10th is on 1 - 3. Only 1 game seperates 8 sides. A lot to play for, for a lot of sides this Sat.

As for Bomber - for him to post that we had 4 go to hospital early this week he is either the Scribe (which i know he isn't) or someone very close to our club (which is disappointing) as no one else knew this information.

There you go - the low down about Kew from the fella who should know. No in-fighting at Kew ...and getting ready for battle this week. Very big game indeeed.

P.S. as pointed out earlier to beat Ivanhoe a few weeks back wasn't that big a deal !!! .....ha ha ha ha. Sorry, just had too with OMR back on line!:D

And yes - many teams have an 'opportunity' this weekend. Lets see who can take it.

The match reports aren't meant for opposing teams, and therefore don't mention the other team that much. If it did it would read something like this:

"we had problems matching up on #27, and their midfield, ably led by the little bloke with the blonde hair, was really tearing us up".

But those Elsternwick reports are gone now, mainly because the esteemed contributors of this forum talked about them so much, I suspect ...

I think the point being made Punter is that if they are going to be in an open forum - you would have to be careful on how they are percieved. If you played for another club and read that, it COULD be taken as rather disrespectful - or bare minimum showing little consideration for the team that won.

Finally, I think that if their coach wrote these, believes in these and thinks they are an honest account of the game - then leave them up. If they are to worry about a forum of fellas having a TIC laugh at things then I would suggest that this is reactionary. Let the fun continue I say .....:p

Just to get back to the footy for a moment (I clearly have too much time on my hands):

Based on the ladder as it stands and the fixtures for the weekend we could see continued congestion come monday:

Assuming OW and Hawks continue their winning ways they'll sit top with 5-0 records.

OW
Hawks

Then the winner of LaTrobe v Powerhouse on 3-2.

Then below that we'll have a traffic jam of 2-3 teams. Based on the games above:
E'Wick
Ivanhoe

And joining them:
Loser of LaTrobe v House
Winner of WB v Swines
Winner of Kew v Monash

At the base the losers of the two games above.

The way I figure it if the two unbeaten teams win then regardless of other results the ladder will look like this

20pts
20pts
12pts
8pts
8pts
8pts
8pts
8pts
4pts
4pts

That means positions 4 - 8 will be seperated by %.
Some crunch-time games coming up for everyone!

Just to get back to the footy for a moment (I clearly have too much time on my hands):

Based on the ladder as it stands and the fixtures for the weekend we could see continued congestion come monday:

Assuming OW and Hawks continue their winning ways they'll sit top with 5-0 records.

OW
Hawks

Then the winner of LaTrobe v Powerhouse on 3-2.

Then below that we'll have a traffic jam of 2-3 teams. Based on the games above:
E'Wick
Ivanhoe

And joining them:
Loser of LaTrobe v House
Winner of WB v Swines
Winner of Kew v Monash

At the base the losers of the two games above.

The way I figure it if the two unbeaten teams win then regardless of other results the ladder will look like this

20pts
20pts
12pts
8pts
8pts
8pts
8pts
8pts
4pts
4pts

That means positions 4 - 8 will be seperated by %.
Some crunch-time games coming up for everyone!

Any predictions on the order RG ?

I think the point being made Punter is that if they are going to be in an open forum - you would have to be careful on how they are percieved. If you played for another club and read that, it COULD be taken as rather disrespectful - or bare minimum showing little consideration for the team that won.

Finally, I think that if their coach wrote these, believes in these and thinks they are an honest account of the game - then leave them up. If they are to worry about a forum of fellas having a TIC laugh at things then I would suggest that this is reactionary. Let the fun continue I say .....:p

Open forum or not, I still believe they should be able to write as much about their own performance and as little as another teams on their own website. Whether it looks disrespectful or not the primary readers of their website would be their players and supporters. If they wanted to read about the other team they can go to their website.

No more disrespectful than someone getting on Bigfooty and bagging out another team.

I say every team should post a game day report!

I know a lot of people who either live out of town or overseas who can't turn up to Thursday night training to recieve a print out of the report and would love to read a blurb on the website.

Worm, you were also a tearaway quick from memory and a gun in your own right on the footy field.

Nup, Couldn't bowl to save myself, but was quick on my feet. Lot has changed since then ! BTW, Pete Rawley is actually 40 ,( my mistake ) so that in itself is a fair effort but he is a glutten for punishment.

Do I know you or should I say, do you think you know me ?

Open forum or not, I still believe they should be able to write as much about their own performance and as little as another teams on their own website. Whether it looks disrespectful or not the primary readers of their website would be their players and supporters. If they wanted to read about the other team they can go to their website.

No more disrespectful than someone getting on Bigfooty and bagging out another team.

I say every team should post a game day report!

I know a lot of people who either live out of town or overseas who can't turn up to Thursday night training to recieve a print out of the report and would love to read a blurb on the website.

Agree on what you have said Patty O , but disrespect other teams in an open forum at your own peril....... website or on here.

There you go - the low down about Kew from the fella who should know. No in-fighting at Kew ...and getting ready for battle this week. Very big game indeeed.

P.S. as pointed out earlier to beat Ivanhoe a few weeks back wasn't that big a deal !!! .....ha ha ha ha. Sorry, just had too with OMR back on line!:D

And yes - many teams have an 'opportunity' this weekend. Lets see who can take it.

My apoligies go out to all from Kew, a employee of mine used my account without my knowledge to stir up trouble, he has since been dealt with a may find himself at the centrelink office very soon :mad:

as said above I believe a good opportunity for some teams to step up this week and get a much needed win.

My apoligies go out to all from Kew, a employee of mine used my account without my knowledge to stir up trouble, he has since been dealt with a may find himself at the centrelink office very soon :mad:

as said above I believe a good opportunity for some teams to step up this week and get a much needed win.

Don't back peddle to fast, you might hurt yourself.

Do you often leave passwords around for everyones use?

Well tips time. After a poor effort last weekend (2 out of 5) and not having time to meet up with my Guru, I'm affraid my tipping may result in round 1 like results (0 out of 5). But anyway, here are my tips using my gut (ample) feelings:

Monash over Kew by 7 points
OW over Elsternwick by 38 points
Ivanhoe over Hawthorn by 4 points
The House over La Trobe by 27 points
Swinny over WB by 11 points

Good luck all :p

A question for Johnny on the Spot.

Johnny

Any truth to the rumour= that Monash may bring P Warren into the senior side this week against Kew considering he has vast experience against the Kew side in the past?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well tips time. After a poor effort last weekend (2 out of 5) and not having time to meet up with my Guru, I'm affraid my tipping may result in round 1 like results (0 out of 5). But anyway, here are my tips using my gut (ample) feelings:

Well ETE I managed just three last week for a Grand Total of 13 for the season. I see it this way:

Monash over Kew by 11 Pts (Real flip of the coin this one!)

OW over Elsternwick by 18 Pts (OW are not unbeatable. Just wont be the Wicks)
Hawthorn to beat Ivanhoe by 21 Pts (Will not be easy for the Hawks)
Latrobe over the House by 16 Pts (I still rate Latrobe. But for how long?)
Westies over Swinny by 5 Pts (See review of Mon/Kew)

All in all, I tend to agree with other forum users that this grade is as even as any in the VAFA (with the possible exception of OW). I am still not convinced that Hawthorn are a 4-zip side and Monash in last have beaten Westies and gave OW a scare. All games could go either way as Westbourne are due for a loss and every side is still well in the mix.

It makes for an intriguing season where no scribe really has any idea as to who is going to win...

Good luck to all.

Quasi

Monash over Kew by 12 points ( Kews injuries to take toll this week )
OW over Elsternwick by 53 points ( No S.Grace and a couple others will hurt against the best team in the D3 comp )
Hawthorn over Ivanhoe by 36 points ( couple of key injuries will hurt the Hoes this week - Hawks pretty slick so far)
The House over La Trobe by 30 points ( Edwards to kick 10 - house too good)
WB over Swinney by 1 point ( Swinny starting to play better - WB really need this one - flip .........)

Well ETE I managed just three last week for a Grand Total of 13 for the season. I see it this way:

Quasi

Well Quasi, you've got me covered, I'm on 9 for the year (out of 20, kicking like Collingwood) but hopefully the 3 tips we have different this week will fall my way and I can close the gap a bit!!

Johnny

Any truth to the rumour= that Monash may bring P Warren into the senior side this week against Kew considering he has vast experience against the Kew side in the past?

Monash are gone...

They'll stuggle to stay up in D3 this year.

Just wondering if there is any truth in the rumour that D3 now has gained major sponsorship from A Bar Called Barry's in Smith Street Collingwood?

Johnny

Krusty, my understanding is the selectors may decide his talents are better used on the sidelines this week. However I wouldnt discount a return to football by one of the Healy brothers to help prop up the ressies numbers. Still a lot of injuries down there and very little depth. But good players will return soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back