D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we move on to something a bit more important...

Congratulations to Darren Adams on 500 Games for the footy club. Incredible effort. Tremendous bloke. Someone you want to play beside every week.

Well done D.A

www.northbrunswickfc.com.au

And I too would like to congratulate Mr Adams. 500 games is a magnificent achievement. You can't buy that sort of loyalty and commitment.

it took me 5 minutes to look at it..
Harkins - first game back from injury.
Di Marco - 2nd game for the year.
The only players based on 'research' that the tanking could be based upon are Geary & Leary. Both players are/were (in the case of Leary) playing twos to get some form back.
If north brunswick were tanking why would the do the following:
2s leading goal kicker to the ones? (twaddle)
best twos ruckman to the ones? (moose)
one of their captains in the ones? (sweeney)
the 2s coach in the ones? (abe)
Lim, fleming, Ismail, Moutney - all would be great to see in the 2s, yet no they played ones on the weekend.
Tanking? we arent playing for priority picks..

big call on moose being the best ruck in the 2nds comp mate, wouldnt have thought so myself

Round 13 Preview:

Monash over Nth by 75 Pts (No one has got near the Gryphons at East Caulfield and don’t expect anything to change in this fixture. Sure Nth Brunswick will give their all but they will not be able to quell the twin targets of Daniel Wills and Laynton Allen up forward).
Mt Lilydale over Demons by 66 Pts (The Gryphons managed only nine goals at Mercy College, the Sharks five. So expect the somewhat inverse exponential sequence to continue with Box Hill struggling to boot more than 2 or 3 for the game. If this is proven correct, the Rams may win by far more than the predicted margin.).
Cobras over Dogs by 31 Pts (Many are saying this is a danger game for Manningham, but in truth, that is all in the mind, as Pt Cook have been largely disappointing for much of the year. The fact they are at home will keep them in the contest for at least a half, but there is too much at stake for the Cobras to allow this to slip).
Sharks over Razorbacks by 14 Pts (There is nothing on recent form to suggest this one will go the other way, but I have the sneaking suspicion that Eley Park will struggle to shake off their opponents as Swinburne were plucky against Sth. However, too much is on the line and the Sharks should prevail just).
Tigers over Synners by 85 Pts (It’s simply a case of picking a number between 50 and 150 for the margin over Chadstone each week. Could be any one of six Sth Mornington players to be leading goalkicker. I’ll take any Spencer at $2.20).

Round 13 Review:

4/5 (50/64 Cumulative)

Eley Park only have themselves to blame after dropping a game many thought they'd win at St James Park. Full credit to the Razorbacks for re-discovering the type of accountable and relentless football that had been absent since May. Their finals aspirations are on the cards again, albeit a long shot. Speaking of teams vying for finals, the Snakes were the clear winners last weekend as they got four points for nothing and are out of the five on percentage only. This percentage gap is as wide as the Khyber Pass however, and may be the one thing that saves the Sharks. The fixture next week between Eley Park and Richmond will surely decide 5th spot. The Gryphons look absolutely unbeatable at home, but would be fools to take heed of some of the rubbish written on this forum about premierships in both grades being a given. The finals are not played at ECR and anything can happen on the day. Sth Mornington, The Cobras and The Rams did what they needed to do at home against inferior oppositions; the form of the Cobras is particularly pleasing.

Round 14 Preview:

The Demons over Chadstone by 96 Pts (Box Hill Nth are a developing nation and a lot better side than their 5/8 record suggests. They were more than competitive at times against the ladder leaders last weekend and will completely wipe the floor with the Synners. Nick Berlowitz to star for the home side).
Cobras over the Tigers by 2 Pts (Clear match of the day and one of the most intriguing of the season so far. The winner is likely to secure the double chance as Sth play the Gryphons next weekend. Hence, they will not want to let this slip. It's a strange old game at times as I strongly believe Sth are the better team, but Manningham play their ground well and will be very hard to beat. The Cobras may also win the physical contests - expect some fire in this match - with the slightly more seasoned bodies when compared to the young Mornington Peninsula cohort. Ryan Daley to prove the difference up forward).
Monash over Eley Park by 85 Pts (The Sharks have to come out breathing fire to be any chance against the Gryphs. Alas, it will be all in vain as Monash are a five goal better side at home. The Sharks to slip out of the five by Saturday Night after a great game from Nick Rutherford).
The Rams over Nth by 46 Pts (Some see this as a danger game for the Mountain men. I am not one of those as they are arguably the best side in the competition and are playing an injury depleted Green & Golds. Chris Gibson to continue his excellent recent form for the visitors).
Richmond over the Dogs by 48 Pts (The two week break will mean some big inclusions for The Snakes and Pt Cook have done nothing but disappoint on the road. Richmond to be in the five and grinning come 5pm Saturday).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Re: D4 2010

47/59 progressive.

Monash Gryphons vs North Brunswick - 63 points.
Chadstone vs South Mornington - 84 points.
Mt Lilydale vs Box Hill North - 54 points.
Point Cook vs Manningham Cobras - 28 points.
Swinburne Uni vs Eley Park - 22 points.

51/64 progressive.

Fairly predictable round except for Swinburne Uni. Looks like they still have a part to play and could shape finals even if they don't make it themselves.

North Brunswick v Mt Lilydale - 109 points. Nth Brunswick stackers? Who knows but their seniors aren't much chop and the 2's are doing very well. Either they are a very balanced club or they have been stacking since round 1. The later is not very likely but come finals they will have a very strong team... back to this game... Nth Brunswick are no hope. Rodwell to kick 9 goals with the South dominating midfield delivering the ball nicely all day.
Monash v Eley Park - 93 points. Eley Park aren't nearly as good away as they are at home. A big loss last week. Monash are looking the goods and with good weather predicted Layton Allen will kick a bag... unless it gets too windy to take overhead marks.
Box Hill North v Chadstone - 76 points. Penny to have a field day and kick 8.
Richmond Central v Point Cook - 13 points. Snakes should be too strong for PC at home and fresh after the bye. The Snakes are seriously lacking goal kickers and have near worst 'points for' in the comp. Luckily their defence is strong but can it contain the Aaron Marsh powerhouse? Danger game for the Snakes.
Manningham v Sth Mornington - 8 points. The Cobras are the big improvers as the season has gone on and won the last 5. I just don't think it was against very good opponents. They have a great second half of the season draw so this will be their chance to prove they deserve to play finals. The Tigers can cement their position in the 5 here and will come out guns blazing. Can any Tiger fans let us know why Will Spencer didn't play last week? Grant Ryan to continue his good form and kick 4.

Gryphindor. I hate to rain on your parade but there is no doubt that the mountain men are favourites in the Seniors and Nth Brunny are clear favourites in the 2's. They will have 6 or so senior blokes dropping back for the finals.
I can understand your enthusiasm for a Gryphon Grand Final double. But right now you are second favourites in both grades.

Round 14 Tips

Progressive: 46/64

North Brunswick vs Mt Lilydale - MTL by 5 goals
Monash Gryphons vs Eley Park - MG by 6 goals
Box Hill North vs Chadstone - BHN by 1 point
Richmond Central vs Point Cook - PC by 1 goal
Manningham Cobras vs South Mornington - MC by 1 goal

With the lopsided draw all clubs get a realistic view of where they stand planning ahead having played each other the once.
On that basis and taking into account the youth factor as well as depth etc it seems the ladder is pretty much as most predicted.

Gryphs
Rams both lead the pack.
------------------------------------
South Mornington
Manningham
Sharks
Richmond
North Brunswick
Razorbacks (hard to gauge) group evenly matched
Point Cook
Box Hill
Chaddy

Twos mirror the seniors with the Rams light on compared to others.
Interested to hear the feedback from clubs that feel they have improvement going forward with a young list.
No cigar rowdie?

North Brunswick vs Mt Lilydale - MTL too strong and should win easy here, MTL by 63 points

Monash Gryphons vs Eley Park - Eley will be gutted by thier loss last week and try to create thier own upset here but i cant see that happening, MG by 36 points

Box Hill North vs Chadstone - having played chaddy last week i just wish they would attack the game, i know its hard and ive been there but defending to the negative side means you will never even have a chance of causing an upset. BHN by 88 pts

Richmond Central vs Point Cook- Richmond back on the winners list after the weeks rest, should do it easily here by 34 pts.

Manningham Cobras vs South Mornington - Easily the Match of the Round, it should be a cracker, the cobras got us after the siren in round 1 and we havent forgotten that, Will Spencer is back in as well as our ruckman Scotty Smith, a win here would all but give us the double chance and a crack at the top two in the finals, it will be close but im tipping us to get up here by how much i dont care as long as we get the 4 points.

Ressies

NB by 60+
Monash
BHN by 60+
Richmond by 60+
South

Cobras are in outstanding form over the last two months, with another big win on the weekend...are they any threat to the Big 2?

A bit of a scare for the mountain men this weekend. If it wasn't for Tommy Wall we would have fallen from top spot. Nth Brunswick were very competitive. Look out if they make the finals they might do some damage on that performance.

Is there any reason why people aren't using the VAFA live score update service. I try to update the quarter by quarter scores at Cobras games - but for it to work we need other games covered as well. People with iPhone etc get on board. As the season draws to a close lets get this up so we know what is going on around the grounds, without having to wait for the VAFA SMS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any reason why people aren't using the VAFA live score update service. I try to update the quarter by quarter scores at Cobras games - but for it to work we need other games covered as well. People with iPhone etc get on board. As the season draws to a close lets get this up so we know what is going on around the grounds, without having to wait for the VAFA SMS.

Good call plugger. I am still kicking around with a mobile from the 80's so that rules me out!

This a call out to the one and only 'BIGWAZ'......HELLO..
Not getting much from you since the drop of form from your beloved centrals.;)

Good call plugger. I am still kicking around with a mobile from the 80's so that rules me out!
Sneako tell us what you thought of NB 1sts and 2nds on the weekend , we thought they were just ok the previous week was surprised they got so close to you guys.

Round 14 Preview:

The Demons over Chadstone by 96 Pts (Box Hill Nth are a developing nation and a lot better side than their 5/8 record suggests. They were more than competitive at times against the ladder leaders last weekend and will completely wipe the floor with the Synners. Nick Berlowitz to star for the home side).

Cobras over the Tigers by 2 Pts (Clear match of the day and one of the most intriguing of the season so far. The winner is likely to secure the double chance as Sth play the Gryphons next weekend. Hence, they will not want to let this slip. It's a strange old game at times as I strongly believe Sth are the better team, but Manningham play their ground well and will be very hard to beat. The Cobras may also win the physical contests - expect some fire in this match - with the slightly more seasoned bodies when compared to the young Mornington Peninsula cohort. Ryan Daley to prove the difference up forward).
Monash over Eley Park by 85 Pts (The Sharks have to come out breathing fire to be any chance against the Gryphs. Alas, it will be all in vain as Monash are a five goal better side at home. The Sharks to slip out of the five by Saturday Night after a great game from Nick Rutherford).
The Rams over Nth by 46 Pts (Some see this as a danger game for the Mountain men. I am not one of those as they are arguably the best side in the competition and are playing an injury depleted Green & Golds. Chris Gibson to continue his excellent recent form for the visitors).
Richmond over the Dogs by 48 Pts (The two week break will mean some big inclusions for The Snakes and Pt Cook have done nothing but disappoint on the road. Richmond to be in the five and grinning come 5pm Saturday).

Round 14 Review

4/5 (54/69)

I will leave the in depth analysis to my esteemed colleagues this week as I am taking a well earned break down at the Prom...

I will say one thing though. My prediction that the five is settled is far from the truth with losses to Eley Park and Richmond Centrals in subsequent weeks opening the door for Nth Brunswick and possibly even Swinburne and Box Hill...

Round 15 Preview

Monash over Sth by 26 Pts (Won't be easy for the Gryphs but they will be too strong)
Nth Bruns over Box Hill Nth by 6 Pts ( Real toss of the coin with the loser all but eliminated for the season)
Swinburne over Chadstone by 86 Pts (Enough said)
Rams over Dogs by 61 Pts (The mountain men will be far too strong)
Eley Park over Snakes by 16 Pts ( Match of the round a virtual elimination final. Home ground advantage sways me. Expect some fireworks early).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Round 15 Tips

Progressive: 51/69

South Mornington vs Monash Gryphons - MG by 3 goals
Box Hill North vs North Brunswick - BHN by 1 point
Chadstone vs Swinburne Uni - SU by 10+ goals
Mt Lilydale vs Point Cook - MTL by 6 goals
Eley Park vs Richmond Central - EP by 5 goals

Sneako tell us what you thought of NB 1sts and 2nds on the weekend , we thought they were just ok the previous week was surprised they got so close to you guys.

Us Mountain Men made the trip over to take on a Nth.Brunny outfit that have a reserves side smashings teams all over the shop and a senior side that has failed to remain consistant all year, but still have a sniff of the finals.
I thought a magoos put up a great effort and took it right up to them, but the link game via handballs that they play is a fast pace strategy and if they emphasised this in the 1's it could only benefit them. I'm not to sure why they have not won more games, maybe its through lack of availability, but the group that took the field on saturday was a pretty gutsy side with some great marking options up forward. We kicked 9 goals to 3 in the opening term and all credit to Nth.B for making us work hard in the last term to walk away (JUST) with the points.

Us Mountain Men made the trip over to take on a Nth.Brunny outfit that have a reserves side smashings teams all over the shop and a senior side that has failed to remain consistant all year, but still have a sniff of the finals.
I thought a magoos put up a great effort and took it right up to them, but the link game via handballs that they play is a fast pace strategy and if they emphasised this in the 1's it could only benefit them. I'm not to sure why they have not won more games, maybe its through lack of availability, but the group that took the field on saturday was a pretty gutsy side with some great marking options up forward. We kicked 9 goals to 3 in the opening term and all credit to Nth.B for making us work hard in the last term to walk away (JUST) with the points.
Good summary sneako, only saw the last quarter of the ressies and it was a very torrid affair with spot fires all over the place. Mt Lilydale had some big units in this side and fitness probably let them down but sure had a red hot go.
The ones was a very good standard game with lilydale off to a flyer the rest of the game was more even with NB slowly chipping away at the lead.
Would of thought that this was an obvious jumper clash game, was hard as a spectator at times to tell who was who. Also can tell that their is a healthy rivalry between the two sides as there was plenty of feeling in the game with one of the waterboys copping and giving plenty to the onlooking . Lastly one of the NB ressies players played his 500th game on saturday a top effort all at one club (remember playing against him in the 90's).

Gryphindor. I hate to rain on your parade but there is no doubt that the mountain men are favourites in the Seniors and Nth Brunny are clear favourites in the 2's. They will have 6 or so senior blokes dropping back for the finals.
I can understand your enthusiasm for a Gryphon Grand Final double. But right now you are second favourites in both grades.
Interesting Johnny...
lets see how the finals unfold...:p

51/64 progressive.

North Brunswick v Mt Lilydale - 109 points.
Monash v Eley Park - 93 points.
Box Hill North v Chadstone - 76 points.
Richmond Central v Point Cook - 13 points.
Manningham v Sth Mornington - 8 points.

54/69 progressive.

All square with Quasi, he's finally caught me.

South Mornington vs Monash Gryphons - 7 points. Game of the round. Tigers will have a lot to prove for finals in a few weeks time. If the weather was going to be bad I would almost tip the Tigers. Unfortunately for them it is supposed to be nice and I think they will struggle with the Gryphs run and ball movement up forward. Dan Baxter to shine across the half back for the Gryphs.
Box Hill North vs North Brunswick - 14 points. NB have had some up and down weeks but should be inspired from the efforts against the Rams. Davor Lucevic is a star with 10 bests out of 13 games. With results like that would be a strong contender for the comp B&F. Good win here to keep them in contention for finals.
Chadstone vs Swinburne Uni - 84 points. Which team will show up for Swinburne this week? The good or the bad? Either way they should still win here comfortably.
Mt Lilydale vs Point Cook - 46 points. Good to see PC get a prized scalp last week and have something to celebrate but Mt Lilydale too strong on the bog heap.
Eley Park vs Richmond Central - 28 points. Battle for 5th spot. From what I have seen RC don't really deserve to be in this position but they have the points on the board so far. My prediction is they will slip out and wont make the finals. The lack of options up forward is what has really let them down. Bugeja had a great game for the Sharks last week and very strong overhead in the 'kick behind play' role. I think against weaker forwards he will do so again this week.

Sneako is great to see the club captain of the past two years will tomorrow plays his first game this season in the magoos:thumbsu:

Round 14 Preview:

I will leave the in depth analysis to my esteemed colleagues this week as I am taking a well earned break down at the Prom...

Good luck to all

Quasi

yeah Quasi, the wind blows hard down welshpool way and phone reception is sh#t:rolleyes:

fruitloop, yeah good to have the fridge back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back