D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all,
Seeing as it has been very quiet, and it is coming to the end of the year... it is normally time to start conversations around Best and Fairest's and teams of the year.
Surely there would have to be a large contingent from the top 2 sides.

Hi all,
Seeing as it has been very quiet, and it is coming to the end of the year... it is normally time to start conversations around Best and Fairest's and teams of the year.

Tommy Wall is over the line already at Mt Lillydale. Best player in the comp in my book.
Lucevic would clearly be in front at Nth Brunny.
How is Grant Ryan polling at Sth Mornington. He looks a class player.
At Monash ive been impressed with Malloy across half back. Gryphindor how would he be polling?

Tommy Wall is over the line already at Mt Lillydale. Best player in the comp in my book.
Lucevic would clearly be in front at Nth Brunny.
How is Grant Ryan polling at Sth Mornington. He looks a class player.
At Monash ive been impressed with Malloy across half back. Gryphindor how would he be polling?

Malloy would be up there though a bit hard to be too sure. I would think that with a number of pretty good players that the votes would be shared around a bit.
If their after game player awards are anything to go by there would a few in the running (Rutherford, Wells, Willis and others). Will check with my spies to see if I can narrow a prediction down to one or two.
Being new to Div 4 and Amateurs as a whole I'm not familiar with too many opposition players. Hope I don't offend him but what position does Tommy Wall hold down (and jumper number)?

Here is who I think will be the 2 highest vote getters from each club.

1. Mt Lilydale - T. Wall (will win), J. Pullka
2. Monash Gryphons - No Idea
3. Manningham Cobras - W. de Vercelli (will come 2nd), S. Maccallum
4. South Mornington - G. Ryan, S. Smith
5. Eley Park - D. Bennett, R. Davis
6. Swinburne Uni - No idea
7. Richmond Central - B. Dagge, B. Glass
8. Box Hill North - D. Penny, L. Desmond
9. North Brunswick - D. Lucevic, A. Jeffrey
10. Point Cook - G. McGaw, A. Marsh
11. Chadstone - A. Winstanley, D. Barry-Macaulay

Hi all,

B & F contenders at Eley Park (in my opinion) are Dave Bennett, Chris Marsiglio and Damo McCabe. All three were super impressive again in our win over Richmond on the weekend

B & F contenders at Eley Park (in my opinion) are Dave Bennett, Chris Marsiglio and Damo McCabe. All three were super impressive again in our win over Richmond on the weekend

I think Matt 'Slug' Corstorphin is a big chance...

BIGWAZ, BIGWAZ, WHERE FOR ART THOU BIGWAZ..........One shall not go into ones shell when ones chosen team is under a spot of bother.

it's been tough typing since i was targeted by the bhn players in the presidents cup 3 weeks back :) 2 broken ribs and a torn hammy in 10 mins of work! RCs form hasn't helped ease the pain either over that period. hopefully we'll bounce back before the season's through. cotsa, better watch your back in 2 weeks time buddy :) go snakes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is who I think will be the 2 highest vote getters from each club.

1. Mt Lilydale - T. Wall (will win), J. Pullka
2. Monash Gryphons - No Idea
3. Manningham Cobras - W. de Vercelli (will come 2nd), S. Maccallum
4. South Mornington - G. Ryan, S. Smith
5. Eley Park - D. Bennett, R. Davis
6. Swinburne Uni - No idea
7. Richmond Central - B. Dagge, B. Glass
8. Box Hill North - D. Penny, L. Desmond
9. North Brunswick - D. Lucevic, A. Jeffrey
10. Point Cook - G. McGaw, A. Marsh
11. Chadstone - A. Winstanley, D. Barry-Macaulay

Jeffers only played 3 or 4 games this season.

Johnny Have used my networks and can now advise Monash B&F candidates. McConville has been consistent all year. Booth has the most best on grounds but has missed a few games as well. The word however is Fletcher is the one.

so who do you follow Johnny?? who do you want to win this top of the table encounter??
Its gonna be a great game Browman. I hope the weather is kind.
Roberts and Rodwell up forward are too slick for the Monash backmen.
But they need the supply.
The pace of the Monash midfield is a worry though and I expect them to dominate the midfield battle.
Monash were struck down by injury early in the game last time and played out the second half with no bench so I'd expect a lot of improvement from them.

My heart says the mountain men but my head says the Gryphons by 3 goals.

Its gonna be a great game Browman. I hope the weather is kind.
Roberts and Rodwell up forward are too slick for the Monash backmen.
But they need the supply.
The pace of the Monash midfield is a worry though and I expect them to dominate the midfield battle.
Monash were struck down by injury early in the game last time and played out the second half with no bench so I'd expect a lot of improvement from them.

My heart says the mountain men but my head says the Gryphons by 3 goals.

Agree with your tip but not the heart bit. Think you will find that Roberts and Rodwell will find the going a lot harder this time around. If the mountain men are relying on them as avenues to goal they might struggle to kick a score.

Agree with your tip but not the heart bit. Think you will find that Roberts and Rodwell will find the going a lot harder this time around. If the mountain men are relying on them as avenues to goal they might struggle to kick a score.

A massive chance for the MM's to assert themselves over the Gryphs. A win by less than a kick at home would be less than they would normally expect. If they can beat them away it would really establish them as clear favourites. (It may even take the wind out of Gryphindor's sails.)

Should be a great game. Both coaches would be hoping to establish some superiority. Hopefully the weather is good & both teams get the chance to play some good footy.

That's enough of the BS. The rest of the comp hope they beat the shite out of each other & have players go down left, right & centre! :p (I'm sure both teams are way too disciplined to allow that to happen...)

A massive chance for the MM's to assert themselves over the Gryphs. A win by less than a kick at home would be less than they would normally expect. If they can beat them away it would really establish them as clear favourites. (It may even take the wind out of Gryphindor's sails.)

Should be a great game. Both coaches would be hoping to establish some superiority. Hopefully the weather is good & both teams get the chance to play some good footy.

That's enough of the BS. The rest of the comp hope they beat the shite out of each other & have players go down left, right & centre! :p (I'm sure both teams are way too disciplined to allow that to happen...)
Gryph's to tear them a new one come the weekend. Loss early in the year was a wake up call. predicting margin to be 10goals plus! ECR is always a tough ground to play at regardless of who you are.

Gryph's to tear them a new one come the weekend. Loss early in the year was a wake up call. predicting margin to be 10goals plus! ECR is always a tough ground to play at regardless of who you are.

What about monash gryphons players- is it hard for them to play at ECR? What is so difficult about this ground? Is it like Pebble beach on a windy day? Bromanbomber, you seem to be speaking out your bum.

What about monash gryphons players- is it hard for them to play at ECR? What is so difficult about this ground? Is it like Pebble beach on a windy day? Bromanbomber, you seem to be speaking out your bum.
It does get particularly windy and because of the size of it, can cause concerns due to the tight confines. As the gryph's play a physical side of footy, opposition sides don't like playing them there. Although Puglsey you could be right, I could just be talking outta my behind as well?? :p

It does get particularly windy and because of the size of it, can cause concerns due to the tight confines. As the gryph's play a physical side of footy, opposition sides don't like playing them there. Although Puglsey you could be right, I could just be talking outta my behind as well?? :p

3 more sleeps Browman. Im getting excited. I might have to go and knock one off!

Difficult? Geographically challenging! Firstly, getting into the ground. Traffic problems. You see it a long time before you can get into it.
Secondly, the goal posts don't line up as would appear obvious. Optical illusion? Not deliberate but tricky. Finally, the Gryphons treasure their own turf and any team venturing there is in for a real tussle. Certainly goals better there. But, hey, they are a good bunch of people and enjoy their footy and a glass or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back