D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player in question is this thread's own OZZA, yes?

Correct Abba.

And i'm sure that all of you who have got to know David over the years would know that he is not 'that sort' of player.

The Ammo's have given him the option to appeal, but as they make the rules up as they go, is there any point putting up the money required???? Or do we move on without Dave??

The last time we made the Grand Final in 2003, we lost our Captain to suspension in the Semi's and won the flag. History and repeats!!

Correct Abba.

And i'm sure that all of you who have got to know David over the years would know that he is not 'that sort' of player.

The Ammo's have given him the option to appeal, but as they make the rules up as they go, is there any point putting up the money required???? Or do we move on without Dave??

The last time we made the Grand Final in 2003, we lost our Captain to suspension in the Semi's and won the flag. History and repeats!!

NEWSFLASH!!!

Upcoming Division 4 grand final to be played between Monash and .......

Monash will be wearing the maroon skirts whilst the 'away' team will wear white skirts!!

Really, having seen the video from the weekend, i'm not totally sure if our game is in the right hands.

This has purely been a suspension derived from the resultant broken jaw and not the actual incident!!! And compare it to Therry's captain who king hit a guy behind play and only got 6 weeks!! Yes, behind play with the ball at the other end of the ground unlike this incident where the ball was a couple of meters away.

Whilst i am concerned about the well being of every player involved in an on field collision, i'm sure that those of you who do see it will agree that there was not much in it!! Actually, if #2 had actually done the right thing and shepherded his team mate, he would have come away with nothing more than a possible 'stinger' and be playing in a GF next weekend.

Took the soft option, wasn't braced for impact and will now be a spectator and eating his pie through a straw!!!!

Once again, NB cop it for being thugs and one of the most decent blokes you could meet misses games of football FOR PLAYING BY THE RULES!!!!!

Glad retirement is staring me in the eye and i'll have the option to go to some footy games in other leagues rather than to come to watch a comp over governed by out of touch male appendages!!!!

Sorry for the rant lads, but after being in this comp for the better part of 25 years, i've never seen it so damn frustrating.

So good luck to Mt. Lilydale, Manningham, Swinburne and North Brunswick for the next two weeks and may you be successful in putting an oversized prick in the massive balloon that is Monash!!!

There has been a little talk around team of the year, however now that I have heard invites for league B&F's are out does this change anything?
Who got invited from each club?

I am aware Woodberry got invited from Richmond and McCabe from the sharks. Who else got invited. . will be interesting to see who makes it. . Will it be dominated by Manningham/ Lilydale/ Monash? Who got invited from these clubs? Gryphondor - Johnny ?

I unfortunately missed both games on the weekend., seems there was a bit of controversy around the big game. . What happened between mornington and manningham? Who dominated, who will win this week?

Kent

NEWSFLASH!!!

This has purely been a suspension derived from the resultant broken jaw and not the actual incident!!! And compare it to Therry's captain who king hit a guy behind play and only got 6 weeks!! Yes, behind play with the ball at the other end of the ground unlike this incident where the ball was a couple of meters away.

Whilst i am concerned about the well being of every player involved in an on field collision, i'm sure that those of you who do see it will agree that there was not much in it!! Actually, if #2 had actually done the right thing and shepherded his team mate, he would have come away with nothing more than a possible 'stinger' and be playing in a GF next weekend.

Took the soft option, wasn't braced for impact and will now be a spectator and eating his pie through a straw!!!!

Once again, NB cop it for being thugs and one of the most decent blokes you could meet misses games of football FOR PLAYING BY THE RULES!!!!!

Glad retirement is staring me in the eye and i'll have the option to go to some footy games in other leagues rather than to come to watch a comp over governed by out of touch male appendages!!!!

Sorry for the rant lads, but after being in this comp for the better part of 25 years, i've never seen it so damn frustrating.

So good luck to Mt. Lilydale, Manningham, Swinburne and North Brunswick for the next two weeks and may you be successful in putting an oversized prick in the massive balloon that is Monash!!!
I think you should be careful number 9 as you are starting to look like a tool. How about you go and ask David what he said to the coach after the game. Lets see if David tells you the truth mate.
And a few posts ago you say you tried to see the video but the link was gone now you say you've seen the video? You dont have much credibility.

I think you should be careful number 9 as you are starting to look like a tool. How about you go and ask David what he said to the coach after the game. Lets see if David tells you the truth mate.
And a few posts ago you say you tried to see the video but the link was gone now you say you've seen the video? You dont have much credibility.

Thanks Macca.

I haven't spoken to anyone about anything to do with this incident. This is purely my opinion on the way that the Ammo's work. Incidents arising from investigations usually take 2 weeks to get to trial yet this one happened so quickly!! Bit odd.

I'm sure that i will speak to David about it in due course but now probably isn't the best time, especially if David decides not to appeal!

The initial link sent to the Ammo's is the one that was deleted and i have since had another link sent through to me which shows the incident. Once again, there'd be 20 or 30 similar bumps per game which equates to hundreds per year, and the unfortunate thing in this case is the fact that a guy has a broken jaw!! Happy to show you it tonigt on the laptop Macca and you can also form an opinion!! Good thing about this site is that it gives an opportunity for people to voice their opinions.

Thank God the Ammo's weren't ruling on the Selwood bump from a couple of weeks ago in the Essendon v. Brisbane game!! Hardingham (or whoever the Essendon player was) would have got life!!!

i think everyone here is losing sight of the real tragedy of the weekend, south were knocked out in the 1's and 2's leaving no side with decent finals moustaches! If ur gonna play finals you gotta have the good mo to go with it, and the best mo going round belonged to a certain 33 from south mornington, good on him i say!

Seniors
No Team Premiers
1 Monash Gryphons $1.30
2 Mt Lilydale $4.20
3 Manningham $8.00
113%

Reserves
No Team Premiers
1 Monash Gryphons $1.60
2 North Brunswick $3.75
4 Swinburne Uni $5.40
108%

Prelim Final - Seniors Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Mt Lilydale $1.50 $2.40 $4.00
Manninham $2.50 $3.20 $11.40
107% 107%

Prelim Final - Reserves Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
North Brunswick $1.70 $2.40 $5.80
Swinburne Uni $2.00 $2.80 $7.00
109% 109%

First Goal
Sam Mccallum (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $3.00
Andrew Rodwell (MT LILYDALE) $4.50
Justin Roberts (MT LILYDALE) $4.80
Ben Cookson (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $8.00
Ryan Daley (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $8.00
Sean Gibson (MT LILYDALE) $8.00
Michael Rhodes (MT LILYDALE) $12.00
Stephen Rose (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $12.00
Thomas Wall (MT LILYDALE) $12.00
Alister Stewart (MT LILYDALE) $14.00
Jamie Paull (MT LILYDALE) $14.00
Nathan Pentland (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $14.00
Francis Varga (MT LILYDALE) $16.00
Haydn Moyes (MT LILYDALE) $16.00
Andrew Bullen (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $21.00
Brendan Morrison (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $21.00
Timothy Fradkin (MANNINGHAM COBRAS) $21.00

NEWSFLASH!!!

Upcoming Division 4 grand final to be played between Monash and .......

Monash will be wearing the maroon skirts whilst the 'away' team will wear white skirts!!

Really, having seen the video from the weekend, i'm not totally sure if our game is in the right hands.

I wouldnt count on that old mate. Stick to taking your frustrations out on your wife. Your ranting is distracting from the fact that there are two games on this weekend.

Manningham got any tricks to pull out? Dont suppose they would announce them on here, so that is a stupid question.

I hear that swinburne seem to have grown 5" per player? Tall side or just a rush of blood to the genitals. I also hear they are banned from posting on here and that Razorback is a serial offender of the club rules?

Squidda- i'll grow a mo for you old mate. Look for the dirty mexican dominating the two's grand final. El hombre sucio!

Number 9 - how many times do you want to contradict yourself? It's very amusing. I dont think anyone has ever said that #8 was "that kind" of player. He made an error that was completly neglegent and the concequence is that #2 received a broken jaw. We should all do everything we can to make the ammos a safer game. As a parent of a current D4 player, I am alarmed at the amount of head high contact in the league that either goes unnoticed or unpunished. I do feel for dissapointed for #8 but I'm happy that this incident can increase everyone's awareness that head high contact is dangerous and unacceptable - intentional or otherwise. You guys are playing amature football for fun with your mates. #8, your incident will hopefully benefit the entire comp - If I was you I would be trying to contact Monash to speak to the injured player and apologise - dont forget, you broke his jaw! - Number 9 why do't you use your obvious contacts to make this happen?

You boys astound me.

Kind Regards

Mr Donaldson

Preliminary Final Tip

Mt Lilydale vs Manningham - MTL by 7 goals. Macallum will need to kick 8 if the Cobras are to be any chance. I think MTL are just too fit for the Cobras and will run over them in the 2nd half (like last time).

Number 9 - how many times do you want to contradict yourself? It's very amusing. I dont think anyone has ever said that #8 was "that kind" of player. He made an error that was completly neglegent and the concequence is that #2 received a broken jaw. We should all do everything we can to make the ammos a safer game. As a parent of a current D4 player, I am alarmed at the amount of head high contact in the league that either goes unnoticed or unpunished. I do feel for dissapointed for #8 but I'm happy that this incident can increase everyone's awareness that head high contact is dangerous and unacceptable - intentional or otherwise. You guys are playing amature football for fun with your mates. #8, your incident will hopefully benefit the entire comp - If I was you I would be trying to contact Monash to speak to the injured player and apologise - dont forget, you broke his jaw! - Number 9 why do't you use your obvious contacts to make this happen?

You boys astound me.

Kind Regards

Mr Donaldson

Well Mr Ronald Mc Donaldson.

Wonder if you were at the Monash v. North brunswick game app. 6 or 7 weeks ago when we had a young guy taken off to hospital in an ambulance with spinal injuries, keeping him away from work for 6 weeks and missing out on Football.

Not a word of complaint from NB as the contact, whilst high, was in play. AS WAS THIS instance.

The young bloke works for me and is sitting here now and he never got a phone call so where the hell do you get off getting on here and preaching to us from your high perch you total ignoramous!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if you were at the Monash v. North brunswick game app. 6 or 7 weeks ago when we had a young guy taken off to hospital in an ambulance with spinal injuries, keeping him away from work for 6 weeks and missing out on Football.

Not a word of complaint from NB as the contact, whilst high, was in play. AS WAS THIS instance.

The young bloke works for me and is sitting here now and he never got a phone call so where the hell do you get off getting on here and preaching to us from your high perch you total ignoramous!!!
Im laughing at the Ronald McDonald comeback.
I think the summary here is that Number #9 didn't really see the incident. He's contradicted himself too many times.
But I can understand him standing up for his team mate which is fair enough. I think we should move on and talk about Tommy Wall. Rooster give me odds for Tommy wall 30+ possessions on Sat.

Re: D4 2010

72/90 progressive - Seniors.

Seniors
Monash Gryphons
vs Mt Lilydale - 28 points.
Manningham Cobras vs South Mornington -17 points.

Reserves
Monash Gryphons vs North Brunswick - 42 points.
South Mornington vs Swinburne Uni - 16 points.

74/92 progressive - Seniors.

Seniors
Mt Lilydale vs Manningham Cobras - 34 points.
Replay of the Qualifying Final which saw the Cobras race to an early lead but resulted in the Rams having 18 more scoring shots. Rams probably should have won this by a lot more. The only reason I haven't tipped more is I think they'll be a bit worse for wear after last week. Too much class at the Rams with all the names we know so well, Wall, Rodwell, Roberts etc. Team of champions?

Reserves
North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni - 22 points.
Brunswick maybe missing a couple of players here and they struggled against the Swinny talls last time. After all the banter on here a few weeks ago I would suggest that if anyone has dropped players it would be Swinny. They appear to have some blokes in the latter half of the season that weren't there when I've seen them play. But they are big and slow, NB will need to run the ball better than they have to have a shot at the Gryphs again after last weeks close encounter.

Whilst in play it was still a dirty act, front on contact to the players head he was off work for 6 weeks. The kid has to this day has not trained or played and as far as i know not one single enquiry from monash. The round 13 match report from monash was an insult to the player and club, fancy praising the player for his callous act!

Dear Number 9,
I have come to the conclusion that you must be a short statured, overweight gay man with very low self esteem that owns an unsuccessful peanut factory.
I base my hypothesis on the following assumptions;
- You’re an umpire meaning you can’t actually play the game which I have put down to your short stature which is validated by your obvious aversion to being the “bigger man”
- Your clever and mildly amusing word association game “Mr Ronald McDonaldson”, in the psychological world would indicate that you regularly overindulge in the cuisine of this fine establishment hence overweight
- You obviously are very upset that #8 will not play another game this year which I think is due to your not being able to see him bathe after the game – gay
- Your need to mention that you had someone “working for you” indicates that you need to validate your own importance to justify your self worth
- And finally whilst you owning a peanut factory is just my gut feel, I quite often get peanuts lodged in my anus which gives me a similar pain to that which I feel reading your posts
And so my short statured friend, please review my previous comments around head high contact and note that I am equally disappointed with your players injuries as that of those for players in the entire league.
PS, please invent peanuts without sharp edges.

Dear Number 9,
I have come to the conclusion that you must be a short statured, overweight gay man with very low self esteem that owns an unsuccessful peanut factory.
I base my hypothesis on the following assumptions;
- You’re an umpire meaning you can’t actually play the game which I have put down to your short stature which is validated by your obvious aversion to being the “bigger man”
- Your clever and mildly amusing word association game “Mr Ronald McDonaldson”, in the psychological world would indicate that you regularly overindulge in the cuisine of this fine establishment hence overweight
- You obviously are very upset that #8 will not play another game this year which I think is due to your not being able to see him bathe after the game – gay
- Your need to mention that you had someone “working for you” indicates that you need to validate your own importance to justify your self worth
- And finally whilst you owning a peanut factory is just my gut feel, I quite often get peanuts lodged in my anus which gives me a similar pain to that which I feel reading your posts
And so my short statured friend, please review my previous comments around head high contact and note that I am equally disappointed with your players injuries as that of those for players in the entire league.
PS, please invent peanuts without sharp edges.

why are you putting peanuts in your anus?

Storage for times of starvation/hunger? Genius!

north brunny have always had meat heads running around in there 2's and #9 has been one of the worst offenders over the years

Absolute Gold Marching!

Drongo Number 9 hasnt ever really ran around in the 2s. Not sure where you get that information from. Apart from a few games due to injury over the last 2 years. Since you are casting 'dispersions' who are the other meatheads? i dont like playing against them so wouldnt enjoy playing with them either.

Week 2 Finals Preview

1st Semi Final

Cobras over Tigers by 8 Pts (I expect two very even games this weekend, however, this fixture on Sunday should be played in near perfect conditions and one would think this should suit the men from Manningham a little more. I expect they will be able to attain first use of the ball through their midfield lead by De Vercelli, and get it in quick to McCallum. Having said that, no one can doubt south’s attack on the ball carrier, which, with the possible exception of the Gryphons, is the best in the competition. South will require big games from the likes of Matty Foon and Bobby Wilson is they are to cause the upset, but I see them falling just short)

2nd Semi Final

Monash over Mt Lilydale by 10 Pts (There has been much conjecture concerning the validity and structure of the Gryphons preparation for this contest. However, the history of the old VFL showed that the week's rest before a final was worth ‘two in the bush’. Having said that, I feel there is nothing between these teams. Both have damaging forwards such as Wills and Allen for Monash; Roberts and Rodwell for the Rams. Similarly their respective back halves are solid and midfielders like Rutherford and Fletcher, Wall and Stewart will provide the spark their respective cohorts. Strangely enough, I feel this game may be won by the lesser lights of the respective teams. Those who have not been sighted by opposition coaches. Those who haven’t showed up of the countless replays that coaches Finkemeyer and Osborne have perused in recent weeks. It is for this reason, I select Monash, a club who clearly has the better depth, and whose rotation will be better served by the men coming off the bench like Mike Davies and Ivan Nuguid. Lee Wells to star as the Gryphs earn the right to contest Division 3 in 2011).

Semi Finals Review

2/2 (73/83 cumulative)

Not even the most ardent Gryphons supporters would’ve envisaged a result like the one last weekend. It was a complete domination in every facet of the game and the resultant margin of 38 points flattered the Rams somewhat. Monash are the first promoted side of the season and will benefit from another rest, whilst the Mountain Men must face a confident Manningham cohort in what may be atrocious conditions. All roads point to a Gryphons flag at this stage, but try telling that to Messer’s Finkemeyer or Zarafa. As for Sth Mornington, 2010 will go down as another year of what might have been. Still, they can at least take heart from the fact they won their first senior finals match and have made each team earn their victory. Expect bigger things from the Tigers next year. Full marks to the Cobras who showed they are a very tough side to toss where skills are evenly matched. Their bigger bodied players found an extra gear in the final stanza when the match was on the line.

It would be remiss of me not to mention the excellent contest between the Gryphons and Nth Brunswick in the ‘dew kickers’. A tie at full time and a contest that seemed anything but Reserves football. Full credit to both sides, the Gryphons superior fitness the telling factor in extra time.

Preliminary Final Preview

Rams over Cobras by 9 Pts (The 5th of June was a key date in this season for two reasons. Firstly, Round 9 was arguably played in the wettest conditions of the year, and secondly it was the beginning of Manningham’s push for finals. On that particular day, they went to St James’ Park and destroyed The Razorbacks in such conditions that may seem benign compared to this weekend. I smell an upset on the cards if the Cobras can play the sort of tough football that has so epitomised their brand this year. Still, the fact remains that The Rams have had the better of Manningham on three occasions already and all have been with relative ease. The two sides may be brought closer together with the inclement weather; but my head tells me that Mt Lilydale will have their noses in front at the final bell. Coonan and De Vercelli to keep the Cobras in touch but Wall and Stuart to be too good).

Reserves:

Nth Brunswick over Swinburne by 23 Pts

Good Luck to all

Quasi

Forecast for Saturday

Cloudy periods. Rain at times. The chance of thunderstorms in the late afternoon. Winds north to northeasterly averaging up to 65 km/h with stronger squalls tending north to northwesterly.
City
Rain at times. Windy.
Min 13 Max 19

That's a 5-6 goal advantage to the carpark end.

This game could come down to who wins the toss if the rain and thunderstorms come at the start of the 2nd or 4th quarter.

Im laughing at the Ronald McDonald comeback.
I think the summary here is that Number #9 didn't really see the incident. He's contradicted himself too many times.
But I can understand him standing up for his team mate which is fair enough. I think we should move on and talk about Tommy Wall. Rooster give me odds for Tommy wall 30+ possessions on Sat.

$1.50 - The rain will make for far too many stoppages and oppurtunities for cheap 1m handballs and kicks that get smothered that give him a chance for the double possesion. Clearly the best for the Rams at getting the pill

Full marks to the Cobras who showed they are a very tough side to toss where skills are evenly matched. Their bigger bodied players found an extra gear in the final stanza when the match was on the line.

Generally true - but the 2 guys that won us the game last week were Stevie Shields & Nathan Pentland. These two guys need to shower in their clothes to get over 70 kgs!

Laurie Zarafa is in a bit of strife this week. He'll have to coach left handed after smashing two knuckles on his right hand in a confrontation with a door at half time last week. :D

Generally true - but the 2 guys that won us the game last week were Stevie Shields & Nathan Pentland. These two guys need to shower in their clothes to get over 70 kgs!

Laurie Zarafa is in a bit of strife this week. He'll have to coach left handed after smashing two knuckles on his right hand in a confrontation with a door at half time last week. :D

what hand does he wipe his butt with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back