D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading into the final week of the season, I'm looking for nominations for some categories so I can bestow the 1st annual Division 4 awards.

Today we will start with club canteens in the following areas and my own nominations, if anyone has anything to add, please do so.

Canteen Item of the Year - The souvlaki looking thing I got from the soccer club next door to Richmond's ground. $5 wasn't cheap, but well worth it
Worst Value Item of the Year - Vermont $2.50 for a soft drink, which to add insult to substantial injury, is a Pepsi.
Best Value Item of the Year - $3 freshly made Ham & Salad roll at Monash
Worst Overall Canteen - South Mornington, through no fault of there own, facilities are terrible
Canteen Employee of the Year - I'll Abstain here
Best Overall Canteen - Award of the year, don't want to influence voting so will abstain again here

Dear Number 9,
I have come to the conclusion that you must be a short statured, overweight gay man with very low self esteem that owns an unsuccessful peanut factory.
I base my hypothesis on the following assumptions;
- You’re an umpire meaning you can’t actually play the game which I have put down to your short stature which is validated by your obvious aversion to being the “bigger man”
- Your clever and mildly amusing word association game “Mr Ronald McDonaldson”, in the psychological world would indicate that you regularly overindulge in the cuisine of this fine establishment hence overweight
- You obviously are very upset that #8 will not play another game this year which I think is due to your not being able to see him bathe after the game – gay
- Your need to mention that you had someone “working for you” indicates that you need to validate your own importance to justify your self worth
- And finally whilst you owning a peanut factory is just my gut feel, I quite often get peanuts lodged in my anus which gives me a similar pain to that which I feel reading your posts
And so my short statured friend, please review my previous comments around head high contact and note that I am equally disappointed with your players injuries as that of those for players in the entire league.
PS, please invent peanuts without sharp edges.

And yet, Ronald, you failed to answer why we should be making phone calls when your club couldn't????

I applaude you for putting thought in to your response though. Very clever!!

Absolute Gold Marching!

Drongo Number 9 hasnt ever really ran around in the 2s. Not sure where you get that information from. Apart from a few games due to injury over the last 2 years. Since you are casting 'dispersions' who are the other meatheads? i dont like playing against them so wouldnt enjoy playing with them either.

Thanks Highnumbers. Not quite sure what games Drongo has been watching but i think i've played 10 or 15 reserves grade games in the last 10 years, 8 of those have been in the last two years (3 last year and 5 this year) and the balance were back in 2001 when i coached the two's and had to play two games to ensure that we could field a side in the two's!!

Let's not go down the meathead path because we all know that every club has them!! We HAD more than our fair share a few years back but i think we might be on a par with everyone else right now.

Thanks Highnumbers. Not quite sure what games Drongo has been watching but i think i've played 10 or 15 reserves grade games in the last 10 years, 8 of those have been in the last two years (3 last year and 5 this year) and the balance were back in 2001 when i coached the two's and had to play two games to ensure that we could field a side in the two's!!

Let's not go down the meathead path because we all know that every club has them!! We HAD more than our fair share a few years back but i think we might be on a par with everyone else right now.

will you people go away please.

Best Value Item of the Year - $3 freshly made Ham & Salad roll at Monash

Definitely agree with the above. We also have a great Roast Beef Roll at Whitehorse reserve and i do like the hot Chicken Roll at Mt Lilydale. The sound of chewing it drowns out the local bridge troll's voice.

Interesting game today in the reserves, tough fought game with Swinny kicking some late goals to win by 10 points.

Maybe next year Nth might focus on a seniors flag.

I wasn't going to be a smart arse but one of the Nth officials decided to have a go at a Monash player for something that happened in round 13. Perhaps he should be concerned with his own players discipline, how many players did they have sent off today?

HAHA North Brunny couldnt have happened to a better bunch of blokes. 2 Send off's. You absolute tools.

Great game today by Tommy Wall and Gibbo.
Sneako doesnt look good for Rhodes, has he done the knee? Pullka also looks like hes in trouble. Not much depth to come in.

HAHA North Brunny couldnt have happened to a better bunch of blokes. 2 Send off's. You absolute tools.

Great game today by Tommy Wall and Gibbo.
Sneako doesnt look good for Rhodes, has he done the knee? Pullka also looks like hes in trouble. Not much depth to come in.

This has been the question thru out the year about the Rams. Pulka has probally played his best footy against the Gryphs so would be a big loss as would Rhodes. What about Hooke, Nally and was always impressed by Boomsma. I'm sure the the Gryphs were rubbing their hands together watching yesterday. Congrats to Swinburne in the twos. Not sure many would have rated them to get there.

More awards, today concerning the people of Division 4

Coach of the Year - Laurie Zarafa, taken what has been considered a rabble for many a year to within one game of promotion
Captain of the Year - Nominations required
Supporter of the Year - Without out a doubt, it has to be Mt. Lilydale's No 1 ticket holder. She alone is worth 2 goals a game
Reserves Performance of the Year - Calling for nominations for guys who dominated a game against or for your two's
Reserves Team of the Year Nominations - Nomimations required
Reserves Umpire of the Year - Eley Park
Trainer of the Year - Swinburne
w***er of the Year - Justin Roberts (2, Mt Lilydale) Bonus points for being the captain and not even attempting to tone it down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 6 - Manningham Cobras (0.4-4) vs Monash Gryphons (28.14-182)

Not many games are teams left completely goalless.

Manningham had possibly their worst 2nds team in for the year, but to be honest, the way Monash played that day they'd have still won by 100 or so.

Thanks for the reminder. :cool:

By many goals the best 2nds team of the year. In fact they were better than the West Brunswick team that beat us by 130 a couple of years ago on a soggy wet rainy day.

Monash would have beaten us with 15-16 players.

IFF, In the bar after the game I heard our coach say to your short ass grey haired assistant coach after the game 'bad luck today but congrats on a good season had by your club'. Your ass coach turned to the surprise of all present and said 'your'e joking ain't you we had 6 out today'.
Surely his not serious is he:thumbsdown:

IFF, In the bar after the game I heard our coach say to your short ass grey haired assistant coach after the game 'bad luck today but congrats on a good season had by your club'. Your ass coach turned to the surprise of all present and said 'your'e joking ain't you we had 6 out today'.

Funny really.

We'd have loved to have beaten your mob. No question. As to who was in & who was out, stiff shit. We ran out with 22, you ran out with 22 & we both finished with less than that fit to play.

Losing finals is a bitter pill at the best of times. The may have been some bile in his response, but at the need of the day it would only be him hating losing.

The issue most of the competition have had with Lilydale this year has been their lack of grace, whether winning or losing (which they haven't done much of). We won't miss that. Nor their ground - although we were fortunate enough to miss that ourselves this year.

Good luck this week. If you do get over the Gryphons you'll have earned it.

Personally I hope you don't.

Funny really.

We'd have loved to have beaten your mob. No question. As to who was in & who was out, stiff shit. We ran out with 22, you ran out with 22 & we both finished with less than that fit to play.

Losing finals is a bitter pill at the best of times. The may have been some bile in his response, but at the need of the day it would only be him hating losing.

The issue most of the competition have had with Lilydale this year has been their lack of grace, whether winning or losing (which they haven't done much of). We won't miss that. Nor their ground - although we were fortunate enough to miss that ourselves this year.

Good luck this week. If you do get over the Gryphons you'll have earned it.

Personally I hope you don't.

who gives a ....

Whether serious or not, are you suggesting we didn't have players out. Any keen observer of the games between us would have seen that we had injuries both before and during the game and that severly hampered our chances.

That said, i agree with IFF, 2 teams of 22 ran out and competed in what was a good game until 3/4 time. Lilydale were on top for most of the day and i think it is fair to say the best two teams are playing off in the GF. I am immensly proud of what our club has done in 2010 - coming from 3rd last to third is a fantastic effort and all at the club should be praised for the efforts. I think rooster got it spot on with Laurie's performance as being the best of the year.

Good luck to BOTH teams - Im not in to beating up on teams - but my opinion is the Gryphons will be too good on the day. The injuries that MtL seemed to be serious - is there any news on Rhodes? How bad is the knee?

Originally Posted by Plugger28
Good luck to BOTH teams - Im not in to beating up on teams - but my opinion is the Gryphons will be too good on the day. The injuries that MtL seemed to be serious - is there any news on Rhodes? How bad is the knee?[/quote]

I'm told that Rhodes, Pullka both didn't train last night as they both have done acl and will have knee reco. Hooke has a busted hand so I guess he'll be running water.

Originally Posted by Plugger28
Good luck to BOTH teams - Im not in to beating up on teams - but my opinion is the Gryphons will be too good on the day. The injuries that MtL seemed to be serious - is there any news on Rhodes? How bad is the knee?

I'm told that Rhodes, Pullka both didn't train last night as they both have done acl and will have knee reco. Hooke has a busted hand so I guess he'll be running water.

How did Baughn go on the weekend? Would be good to have him back in form for the GF.

It'll be interesting to see what they decide on.

One of the Manningham boys had the LARS surgery in June & his recovery is amazing to see. He's running & kicking pretty impressively & although I don't think he's planning on playing again I'm sure he'd be ready to play round 1 next year if he wanted to.

Anyway - good luck to them. It's not really fair to play all season & miss grand finals.

rosejam maybe the nth brunswick person was having ago at ur dog player vjay singh as he has prevented a person from playing football ever again due to his head high hit if we had umpires would have gone for 10weeks, thats the issue palying 2nds players think there tough as when there own umpires controll the game and do what they want and then when its down to the buisness end go soft:eek::eek: saying that would have been the first time the nth person has been seen him since that round i noticed he didn't play in the 2nd semi probably to scared.

anyway swinburne won not on there ability just on norths errors which probaly cost them the week before as we no thats footy u just need a bit of luck at the right time just like the goal from a free kick in the last minute which was a point mind u and swinny got the luck, but in saying that nth have only themselfs to blame!!!! doubt swinny will get close to monash and im sure monash were releaved after the game knowing they are only playing swinny not nth:D good luck and i hope it buckets down with lighting/hail storm u name it cause ill be nice and relaxed watching the races :thumbsu: Monash for the daily double both games 39+ get on know norm short $1.95 each of 2:rolleyes:

rosejam maybe the nth brunswick person was having ago at ur dog player vjay singh as he has prevented a person from playing football ever again due to his head high hit if we had umpires would have gone for 10weeks, thats the issue palying 2nds players think there tough as when there own umpires controll the game and do what they want and then when its down to the buisness end go soft:eek::eek: saying that would have been the first time the nth person has been seen him since that round i noticed he didn't play in the 2nd semi probably to scared.

anyway swinburne won not on there ability just on norths errors which probaly cost them the week before as we no thats footy u just need a bit of luck at the right time just like the goal from a free kick in the last minute which was a point mind u and swinny got the luck, but in saying that nth have only themselfs to blame!!!! doubt swinny will get close to monash and im sure monash were releaved after the game knowing they are only playing swinny not nth:D good luck and i hope it buckets down with lighting/hail storm u name it cause ill be nice and relaxed watching the races :thumbsu: Monash for the daily double both games 39+ get on know norm short $1.95 each of 2:rolleyes:

Wont be any races on with lightening around so perhaps you could make it down to Vermont to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back