D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct #8 it was but from my position it was in play , both had eyes on the footy and did not appear to be intentional. Maybe you don't want him playing against your team this week ?. No one remonstrated because it appeared to be accidental, the game was played in good spirits and we look fwd to beating them again in the GF.
Foxtel you aren't number #8 are you?
Just saw on the vafa web site. Chris Leeton monash, Luke Evans lilly required at the tribunal tomorrow night.
Whats the defense?

Just saw on the vafa web site. Chris Leeton monash, Luke Evans lilly required at the tribunal tomorrow night.
Whats the defense?
You caught me out johnny too clever for me, by the way what is your pre occupation with NB lost the last two and all you want to talk about is them . Did they do something to you or your boyfriend ?

Whats the defense?

Foxtel got it right.

Absolutely nothing in it. Our guy was following up on a spoil he'd made, was confronted by two Monash players and clashed fairly with #2 who came in for the shepherd. Unfortunately for #2, he came off second best from a fair hip and shoulder.

Our guy tried to approach him after the game but he was in the hands of the trainer.

Hope we can get past Swinburne this week to have another crack at Monash.

Won't be there myself so good luck to both senior teams and North Brunswick seconds.

Foxtel got it right.

Absolutely nothing in it. Our guy was following up on a spoil he'd made, was confronted by two Monash players and clashed fairly with #2 who came in for the shepherd. Unfortunately for #2, he came off second best from a fair hip and shoulder.

Our guy tried to approach him after the game but he was in the hands of the trainer.

Hope we can get past Swinburne this week to have another crack at Monash.

Won't be there myself so good luck to both senior teams and North Brunswick seconds.
"A spoil he just made" haha. Were you watching the same game?

Anyway heres hoping Swinny win. But pretty difficult playing against a side who's more intent on winning a reserves flag than being a competitive senior outfit.
Bring on Saturday. Mt Lilly to win by 35 points. Tommy Wall to star and get the 3 votes. And the main event on Sep 11th. Im going to bring out my deck chair and drink pina coloads and watch the whale Roberts kick 10!

I think no suspension listed on website means he got off.

VAFA don't like promoting the fact that anyone is ever found not guilty.

You would think they would legally have to put up the NOT GUILTY verdicts (i.e. so they don't damage the reputation of an innocent person) ... but when does the VAFA Tribunal ever operate by the rules of law.

Are any of the four injuries for Mt. Lilydale serious and likely to keep them out for this or next weekends games should they win?

What about the cobras, at full strength?

He's not on the VAFA website as charged.

As for the 'fair' hip and shoulder from North Brunswick player in the 2s, the tribunal obviously didn't think it was fair.

VAFA Tribunal Results

Well i'll be!!!!!

How does that work? No report from either field umpire, no remonstration from Monash players then a phone call on TUESDAY advising the player has a case to answer???? And 3 weeks!!! What an absolute joke! And what does 'unduly rough play' constitute?

Might buy a video camera for next season and tape every game so we can pick up all the contests where one of our players gets hurt (fairly or unfairly) and then inundate the VAFA with our whinges first thing Monday morning.

This is and isn't a case of sour grapes. I'm more at a loss on how they come up with these ludicrous decisions based on the footballing background of the tribunal members who haven't kicked a ball in anger in well over 20 or 30 years!!!!

The Ammo's is a good competition when you take in to consideration its size, but GOD they need to update these areas pretty bloody quick!!!

Are any of the four injuries for Mt. Lilydale serious and likely to keep them out for this or next weekends games should they win?

What about the cobras, at full strength?

mtl injuries not bad, all trained on monday and a couple who didnt play saturday may be ok to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i'll be!!!!!

The Ammo's is a good competition when you take in to consideration its size, but GOD they need to update these areas pretty bloody quick!!!

Yes & no.

Yes - it's ******* annoying because finals football is not umpired in the same way that the rest of the season is. I didn't see the incident, but one can assume that it may have received a yellow card during the season (maybe worse, but doubtful).

No - I would assume that every club in the finals has the same conversations with their players. Higher grade umpires, won't stand for backchat, more likely to send blokes off for misconduct of any sort & probably more likely to lay reports (thus giving up their Tuesday nights).

Well i'll be!!!!!

How does that work? No report from either field umpire, no remonstration from Monash players then a phone call on TUESDAY advising the player has a case to answer???? And 3 weeks!!! What an absolute joke! And what does 'unduly rough play' constitute?

Might buy a video camera for next season and tape every game so we can pick up all the contests where one of our players gets hurt (fairly or unfairly) and then inundate the VAFA with our whinges first thing Monday morning.

This is and isn't a case of sour grapes. I'm more at a loss on how they come up with these ludicrous decisions based on the footballing background of the tribunal members who haven't kicked a ball in anger in well over 20 or 30 years!!!!

LOL Well Im shocked too I must say!
Number #9 maybe the spoil he just made wasn't a good enough defence. LOL
Gryphindor what injury did he sustain?

Well i'll be!!!!!

Does seem odd, some one from Monash must have complained..and complained rather well!

All round good night for Monash seeing as Leeton got off after being red carded..could osborne be in bed with someone from vafa..

Well i'll be!!!!!

Are you saying video eveidence is what did him in Number 9?

Are you saying video eveidence is what did him in Number 9?

I may have to eat humble pie as i believe that there is video evidence but the link i was sent doesn't want to load for some reason!

From where i stood (on the wing) it didn't seem that bad. Perhaps video evidence forwarded was a lot more incriminating. I also think the fact that a broken jaw resulted also would have gone against Dave!!

I've just heard the initial charge was striking with the forearm and when video evidence showed this to be incorrect, they changed the charge to unduly rough play!!! Smells of witch hunt!!!!

Can anyone from Monash please put up the link so everyone can have there say on it??

Firstly congrats to Leeton on getting off. Would not wish anyone to miss a grand final (unless they king hit someone). Very smart that they had video footage to help get him off. Imagine if they did not have it and it's possibly one players word against another.
Secondly Mt Lilydale did have Hooke (ruckman) leave the ground early to go to hospital. Injury update Fruit Loop? Would be a big loss.
A quick congrats to Monash and Nth Brunswick for a great reserves game last week. Hopefully they get a chance or a replay come grand final.

Yes & no.

Yes - it's ******* annoying because finals football is not umpired in the same way that the rest of the season is. I didn't see the incident, but one can assume that it may have received a yellow card during the season (maybe worse, but doubtful).

No - I would assume that every club in the finals has the same conversations with their players. Higher grade umpires, won't stand for backchat, more likely to send blokes off for misconduct of any sort & probably more likely to lay reports (thus giving up their Tuesday nights).

Interesting point you make IFF.

I think there is a case for the VAFA to follow the lead of the VCA in appointing umpires to finals.

I'm a VCA umpire and all umpires are graded which means they spend the whole year in their specified grade (not rigid so bad performers can go down and good performers up), then when finals come around, the best umpires in that particular grade do the finals and are rewarded for their inconsistant year in that particular grade.

Grand Final umpires are then automatically promoted to the next higher grade in the following year as a reward.

Atleast this way it is easier for the players to understand why the umpires are making a decision as they've been making the same bad decision all year!!!

LOL Well Im shocked too I must say!
Number #9 maybe the spoil he just made wasn't a good enough defence. LOL
Gryphindor what injury did he sustain?
Let me start by saying that no one likes to see players seriosly hurt but lets get some facts into this discussion.
Fact 1 the tribunal found that #8 did not deliberately make contact to the head of #2, their words were there was no malice or intent to strike.
Fact 2 #8 would be the fairest player at NB and would not have intentially caused injury, he doesn't deserve to be labelled a weak pric#k as he has on this forum.
Fact 3 NB had two players replaced on the weekend one on a stretcher with concussion the other requiring stiches to a cut eye, its a contact sport and sometimes people get hurt.
Fact 4 the umpires were not in attendance at the tribunal and they were 5 metres away from incident.The tribunal also changed the charge from striking to unduly rough play during the hearing
Having seen footage of the clash in concern this type of bump would occur 50 times per week without injury being sustained, i would also have liked to upload the video so that you could see the incident and make up your own minds but surprise surprise the footage has been removed.

The player in question is this thread's own OZZA, yes?
Also on monash's investigation report which i have seen, it states that #8 strikes player #2 with forearm/elbow. The footage clearly showed this didn't occur and the tribunal then amended the report to unduly rough play can they do this?

Also on monash's investigation report which i have seen, it states that #8 strikes player #2 with forearm/elbow. The footage clearly showed this didn't occur and the tribunal then amended the report to unduly rough play can they do this?

It's the Ammo's and they can do whatever they want......except have a good hard look at themselves!!!

If it's any consolation, and we get through this week, Monash will be without there best player who, in my opinion, was the difference between the two teams on the weekend. (that comment will no doubt lead to 'intent'!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back