D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Good to beat Box Hill Nth on the weekend . Would have smashed them by way more on a decent ground . Any response from Ruck Moron about the facebook letter ......... Come on maaaaate come clean

So Good to beat Box Hill Nth on the weekend . Would have smashed them by way more on a decent ground . Any response from Ruck Moron about the facebook letter ......... Come on maaaaate come clean

Don't blame him for not responding. Pull your head in and focus on your own Footy club and your finals coming up. Sh1t talk is not doing your club any favors.

Massive game this week with Mannigham Cobras hosting South Mornington. Winner cements a spot in the finals...and maybe even a double chance.

Thoughts?

Definitely a massive game, with south clear by just 4 points in the 3rd we really need to win to hold that 3rd spot! With the last time we met in rnd 1 and cobras taking the win after the siren by 1 point we'd love to make up for it. South have come a really long way this year as footy club it should be an interesting game and our biggest win for the season.

Don't blame him for not responding. Pull your head in and focus on your own Footy club and your finals coming up. Sh1t talk is not doing your club any favors.

Hey joeyflopchop . It was one of those dribblers from box hill that sent the message to the Mt Lilydale players. Im just trying to find out why . So maybe you pull your pin head in umpire lover

Monash continue on their merry (not complacent) way. 2nds win avenged the only defeat in the first round and 1sts in a canter. Swinburne's win over Eley Park confirms my 2 horse race theory. Looking forward to the seniors Mt Lilydale rematch on the 31st. (2nds will be an ugly scoreline)
How did you fare over the weekend Sneako?

Additional info about Monash v Nth Brunswick. Apparently the Nth Brunswick 2s had quite e few "good" players while their 1s had several who weren't firsts material. They wouldn't have stacked their 2s in order to stay on top would they? The plan didn't work if that was the case.

Additional info about Monash v Nth Brunswick. Apparently the Nth Brunswick 2s had quite e few "good" players while their 1s had several who weren't firsts material. They wouldn't have stacked their 2s in order to stay on top would they? The plan didn't work if that was the case.

who nb, never been known to before, how could even consider such, never!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey gryphinor,
interesting point about Nth Bruns "stacking their 2nds", sounds like your across their list and have a great understanding of their playing abilities, how many do you think should have been playing in their 1sts & can you name them?

Hey gryphinor,
interesting point about Nth Bruns "stacking their 2nds", sounds like your across their list and have a great understanding of their playing abilities, how many do you think should have been playing in their 1sts & can you name them?

Just had a look at who played for NB in the 2's.

The only obvious senior player listed is Harkins (who looks like he coming back from injury).

Just had a look at who played for NB in the 2's.

The only obvious senior player listed is Harkins (who looks like he coming back from injury).

You may be right. Maybe a few of the NB 2s played above themselves and/or a few of their 1s didn't have their hearts in it and played accordingly. Doesn't really matter though as Monash was still to good in both grades.

Thanks Ruck Machine,
your correct harkins would have missed at least a month of footy with an injury and would be on his way back, other than that "the stacking the 2nds" comment is a tired out dated call lacking a bit of reasearch.

Thanks Ruck Machine,
your correct harkins would have missed at least a month of footy with an injury and would be on his way back, other than that "the stacking the 2nds" comment is a tired out dated call lacking a bit of reasearch.

If they didn't stack their 2s the selectors might need to make a few changes this week. There were guys running around the 2s who were way better than at least 5 of their 1s. Hope they are rewarded for their endeavours.

Thanks Ruck Machine,

I was talking to a NB supporter at the game and he told me there were 4 or 5 who could/have played seniors but a couple of them were a bit crook, one was coming back from glandular fever and another was coming back from a leg injury... perhaps he was having me on, but that sounds like more than one player to me.... regardless clubs have their reasons for dropping ones players besides stacking their side and it was a good hard contest.

I don't know of any 1's players that were dropped to play in the 2's.
Ruck Machine nailed it earlier - as he actually pays attention to who plays where and does the appropriate research.

Harkins did his shoulder against Eley park - which was about 7 or 8 weeks ago. He came back through the 2's. The 2's actually lost quite a few good regular reserves players to the seniors who had injuries and 2 late changes.

Looking forward to the likely finals clash/es between the 2 sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gryphindor id say north would still have about 6 blokes to come back in there twos that are playing ones or injured no players being dropped in the twos as the ones still have a chance of playing finals so that would make no scense at all with only 5 rounds to go and nearlly all winable games besides this weeks which will be tough against Mt Lilydale hopefuly they have the travel bug we should win the remaining BH,PC,SWIN,BYE, full credit to ur 2nds they did what they needed to do and got over the line, but the interesting thing will come finals when there are real umpires as ur little mate that charged our player which by rights would have been sent off or even reported if umpires where there so would have inturn made u play with one less player considering north had 1 fit player on the bench to go down by 3 goals was a pretty good effort cant wait till we meet again come finals if things all go accordingly:thumbsu:

gryphindor id say north would still have about 6 blokes to come back in there twos that are playing ones or injured no players being dropped in the twos as the ones still have a chance of playing finals so that would make no scense at all with only 5 rounds to go and nearlly all winable games besides this weeks which will be tough against Mt Lilydale hopefuly they have the travel bug we should win the remaining BH,PC,SWIN,BYE, full credit to ur 2nds they did what they needed to do and got over the line, but the interesting thing will come finals when there are real umpires as ur little mate that charged our player which by rights would have been sent off or even reported if umpires where there so would have inturn made u play with one less player considering north had 1 fit player on the bench to go down by 3 goals was a pretty good effort cant wait till we meet again come finals if things all go accordingly:thumbsu:

Jesus christ man, use a full stop!

gryphindor id say north would still have about 6 blokes to come back in there twos that are playing ones

Mr N looked at your one's from last week and yep your'e on the money. I could see at least 3 players who have been your best res players who went up to the one's and played monash. Unless gryphindor Monash had some out as well? maybe NB will strip better next time you meet in finals.
If RC & Swin don't make senior finals will they be a threat come reserve finals??

Dropping players if you don't make seniors finals has been happening for ever and not worth whinging about. I don't think there is as much of an issue with dropping players back but more to do with the rules of finals eligibility.

Reserve - (2nd XVIII teams) Players must be registered and must have played at least four (4) reserve grade matches and not more than ten (10) senior matches in the home and away games (first round).

With a normal 18 game season if you play 11 games of seniors you are ineligible for reserves finals. As we only play 16 games for the season, playing 10 senior games is a significant contribution yet you are able to play reserve finals games.

Looking at the lists you will find there are currently at least 20 players per team that have played less than 7 senior games so far. Most of them will be eligible for reserve finals if they play 1-2 reserve games for the rest of the year.

So there is no need to drop players back at this stage and you can wait until finals. VAFA should have addressed this already and made this even across the comp. Instead of listing games played(10) they should have made it a percentage, in that if you play 50% or more of total senior games you are ineligible.

That would make it fair and a more rounded comp in the 2's. I feel more sorry of the guys that have played a majority of twos games and got their team to the finals but will be dropped all together because of a senior player coming back to the twos.

Any chance of you stepping up to the 1's Mr Natural - after your Avoca experience going sour ?

I don't know of any 1's players that were dropped to play in the 2's.
Ruck Machine nailed it earlier - as he actually pays attention to who plays where and does the appropriate research.

Harkins did his shoulder against Eley park - which was about 7 or 8 weeks ago. He came back through the 2's. The 2's actually lost quite a few good regular reserves players to the seniors who had injuries and 2 late changes.

Looking forward to the likely finals clash/es between the 2 sides.

it took me 5 minutes to look at it..
Harkins - first game back from injury.
Di Marco - 2nd game for the year.
The only players based on 'research' that the tanking could be based upon are Geary & Leary. Both players are/were (in the case of Leary) playing twos to get some form back.
If north brunswick were tanking why would the do the following:
2s leading goal kicker to the ones? (twaddle)
best twos ruckman to the ones? (moose)
one of their captains in the ones? (sweeney)
the 2s coach in the ones? (abe)
Lim, fleming, Ismail, Moutney - all would be great to see in the 2s, yet no they played ones on the weekend.
Tanking? we arent playing for priority picks..

Seems I have created a stir. I don't have a problem. Rules are rules and to date have been followed. Ruck Machine et al can do all the research they like about ins and outs. I was simply making 2 points. Last week Nth Brunswick had several players in 2s who were clearly better than players in seniors. That's a matter for their selectors. Secondly it doesn't matter if other sides do drop players back it won't affect Monash. They have the depth to field two very strong sides and to win both grades (which, as I have stated before, I expect they will).
Happy to continue if you like but it might be an idea if we move on to the next point for discussion.

it took me 5 minutes to look at it..
Harkins - first game back from injury.
Di Marco - 2nd game for the year.
The only players based on 'research' that the tanking could be based upon are Geary & Leary. Both players are/were (in the case of Leary) playing twos to get some form back.
If north brunswick were tanking why would the do the following:
2s leading goal kicker to the ones? (twaddle)
best twos ruckman to the ones? (moose)
one of their captains in the ones? (sweeney)
the 2s coach in the ones? (abe)
Lim, fleming, Ismail, Moutney - all would be great to see in the 2s, yet no they played ones on the weekend.
Tanking? we arent playing for priority picks..
Thats called research gryph , they have alot of injuries atm why can't you give credit to the opposition ?.
Maybe they are better than you thought ? your 2's havn't got it all to themselves have they ? and for someone that says he was only down for the round 10 blockbuster you have alot to say on opposition teams.
How was the injury sustained in the 2's for NB ? I know they are not happy.

Seems I have created a stir. I don't have a problem. Rules are rules and to date have been followed. Ruck Machine et al can do all the research they like about ins and outs. I was simply making 2 points. Last week Nth Brunswick had several players in 2s who were clearly better than players in seniors. That's a matter for their selectors. Secondly it doesn't matter if other sides do drop players back it won't affect Monash. They have the depth to field two very strong sides and to win both grades (which, as I have stated before, I expect they will).
Happy to continue if you like but it might be an idea if we move on to the next point for discussion.

Seems like that was your intention.
Lets not blow the Monash horn too loudly.

Good idea onto the next point. NB injuries, havent been down there to get any updates...

Shall we move on to something a bit more important...

Congratulations to Darren Adams on 500 Games for the footy club. Incredible effort. Tremendous bloke. Someone you want to play beside every week.

Well done D.A

www.northbrunswickfc.com.au

I do have some things to say about opposition teams (some complimentary others not so) and I thought I was giving the opposition 2s credit. They had some good players who could easily have played in their seniors. My mail is that the midfield player who was in 1s Rd1 (and dominated) played 2s while there were players in 1s who threw the football into the air to kick it. (bit like Auskick beginners)
I will make some inquiries into the injury you mention and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back