109%109%

Grand Final - Reserves Win Under 39.5 Over 39.5
Monash Gryphons $ 1.60 $ 2.50 $ 4.40
Swinburne Uni $ 2.20 $ 2.90 $ 9.10
108%108%

Line $1.90
Seniors Monash -34.5
Reserves Monash -17.5

ressies were down all day in that game stewie. only hit the front with a few minutes to spare. I remember it well, and still have nightmares over the final result!!!

i stand corrected, thank you bromanbomber.

i turned up deep into the final quarter, saw the scoreboard & assumed the monash gryphons were in front for the entire game & that there was never anything in it from the start.

one of the best finishes to a game of amateur football ive ever seen... both sides really hard at it right to the final siren. pity there had to be a loser.

it was a terrific snap as well, mind you!!

monash gryphons 18 15 123 v mount lilydale 17 5 107

monash gryphons 24 13 157 v swinburne university 9 8 62

First Goal Scorer

Daniel Wills (MONASH GRYPHONS) $4.60
Andrew Rodwell (MT LILYDALE) $4.70
Justin Roberts (MT LILYDALE) $5.20
Laynton Allan (MONASH GRYPHONS) $5.50
Thomas Wall (MT LILYDALE) $8.00
Matthew Fletcher (MONASH GRYPHONS) $8.00
Brodie Hilet (MONASH GRYPHONS) $9.00
Michael Malloy (MONASH GRYPHONS) $10.00
Alister Stewart (MT LILYDALE) $12.00
Sean Gibson (MT LILYDALE) $12.00
Walter Pocock (MONASH GRYPHONS) $12.00
Jill-Ivan Nuguid (MONASH GRYPHONS) $12.00
Lee Wells (MONASH GRYPHONS) $16.00
Nicholas Rutherford (MONASH GRYPHONS) $16.00
Mark Gower (MT LILYDALE) $18.00
Haydn Moyes (MT LILYDALE) $21.00
Jamie Paull (MT LILYDALE) $21.00
Nicholas Booth (MONASH GRYPHONS) $21.00
Francis Varga (MT LILYDALE) $26.00
Mark Holloway (MONASH GRYPHONS) $26.00
Christopher Leeton (MONASH GRYPHONS) $26.00
Michael Rhodes (MT LILYDALE) $51.00

Re: D4 2010

74/92 progressive - Seniors.

Seniors
Mt Lilydale vs Manningham Cobras - 34 points.
Replay of the Qualifying Final which saw the Cobras race to an early lead but resulted in the Rams having 18 more scoring shots. Rams probably should have won this by a lot more. The only reason I haven't tipped more is I think they'll be a bit worse for wear after last week. Too much class at the Rams with all the names we know so well, Wall, Rodwell, Roberts etc. Team of champions?

Reserves
North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni - 22 points.
Brunswick maybe missing a couple of players here and they struggled against the Swinny talls last time. After all the banter on here a few weeks ago I would suggest that if anyone has dropped players it would be Swinny. They appear to have some blokes in the latter half of the season that weren't there when I've seen them play. But they are big and slow, NB will need to run the ball better than they have to have a shot at the Gryphs again after last weeks close encounter.

75/93 progressive - Seniors.

Not much more to say than what has already been said on this forum. Oh, except I am one up on you Quasi and my tip here isn't going to give you a chance.

Seniors
Monash Gryphons
v Mt Lilydale - 36 points.
Gryphons too strong and injuries will be a concern here for Mt Lilydale. Grand Finals are funny games but the Rams will need their big guns firing if they are to stay in it. I think as soon as Monash get to a few goal lead they will be hard to catch and if the Rams drop their heads at any stage from there on it could really blow out the margin. Club legend Lee Wells to get BOG.

Reserves
Monash Gryphons
v Swinburne - 8 points.
It's funny when Swinburne seniors are a chance to make finals that their reserves lose to Mt Lilydale(who were pretty ordinary) in round 18 but as soon as the finals come around they have taken on all comers. This will make the Gryphons pretty nervous come Saturday. I would even hazard a guess that Swinburne have been setting up their 2's since round 13. Are there any other reasons for their miraculous fortunes? I think it matters not as the Gryphons will snatch this in a tightly fought contest.

75/93 progressive - Seniors.

Reserves
Monash Gryphons
v Swinburne - 8 points.
It's funny when Swinburne seniors are a chance to make finals that their reserves lose to Mt Lilydale(who were pretty ordinary) in round 18 but as soon as the finals come around they have taken on all comers. This will make the Gryphons pretty nervous come Saturday. I would even hazard a guess that Swinburne have been setting up their 2's since round 13. Are there any other reasons for their miraculous fortunes? I think it matters not as the Gryphons will snatch this in a tightly fought contest.

I believe you will find that both our 1's & 2's won our last 3-4 games in a row & the seniors were still mathematically a chance to make the 5 right up until the last round. In the end they only missed the 5 by 2 points (due to a draw with Nth Brunswick in round 10) and percentage.
The reason our 2's went so well in the latter part of the season was due to a combination of steady improvement from our bottom tier players & multiple key players coming back from injury, allowing our better 2's players who were playing senior footy to come back down.
I am looking forward to a hard fought victory to the Razors this saturday & many Milks regardless of the outcome.

Go Razors!!

I believe you will find that both our 1's & 2's won our last 3-4 games in a row & the seniors were still mathematically a chance to make the 5 right up until the last round. In the end they only missed the 5 by 2 points (due to a draw with Nth Brunswick in round 10) and percentage.
The reason our 2's went so well in the latter part of the season was due to a combination of steady improvement from our bottom tier players & multiple key players coming back from injury, allowing our better 2's players who were playing senior footy to come back down.
I am looking forward to a hard fought victory to the Razors this saturday & many Milks regardless of the outcome.

Go Razors!!

haha that is absolute tripe! we beat you in the reserves by about 8 goals and 7 goals in the season and come second semi we lost by 2 goals, there is no way you can improve that much in such a short space, Monash should win by quite a margin. and i may point out this is not sour grapes on my part, we have a geniune 2's side and 5 goals to none in the 2nd quarter killed us, i just find it laughable that you can even defend that you haven't got geniune 1's players in that side.

haha that is absolute tripe! we beat you in the reserves by about 8 goals and 7 goals in the season and come second semi we lost by 2 goals, there is no way you can improve that much in such a short space, Monash should win by quite a margin. and i may point out this is not sour grapes on my part, we have a geniune 2's side and 5 goals to none in the 2nd quarter killed us, i just find it laughable that you can even defend that you haven't got geniune 1's players in that side.

Not sure if you're on the money there. 13 of their 22 for tomorrow have played seniors this year, but just a combined 63 games (4.8 per player) and most of them have floated between reserves and seniors all year.

One guy (Benjamin Cairns) has played nine senior games, but from what I can tell he started in the reserves, graduated to the seniors and is now back in the reserves for the finals having not played enough senior games to be ineligible.

Looks to me like players 15-30 on their playing list are pretty even.

I'm with Wild Porpoise here. Both sides winning 4 in a row just shows good form. everyone knows that Uni holidays really hurts Swinburnes numbers. By half way through the season they were 3rd on the ladder. the middle of the season really hurt where they ended up on the ladder. if they didnt have that slump during there uni holidays there would be nothing to disscuss.

Monash to win by 25 points in the Seniors.
&
Monash to win by plenty in the reserves.

Monash v Mt Lilydale = Easily the best two sides all year, with both loosing only once all season against each other and destroying all others week in week out!
I am obviously backing my Gryphs but am very weary of a Mt Lilydale outfit who kicked 7 goals in a row during the third term two weeks ago when we ended up winning by 5 goals. A bit of talk around that they have 3-4 quality players out, after watching Rhodes and Pulkka go down with knees last week I doubt they will get up along with Hooke who has a broken hand I heard. With the Rams loosing players of this quality I cant see them having the depth to cover the hight and run they will be missing.
We will shut down Roberts, Rodwell and Finkemeyer up forward with Gower and Evans down back and go head to head with Wall, Stuart and Gibson in the middle. Wells or Wills to get BOG as we win by 30+ points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just 24 hours until we know which of Monash and Mt Lilydale is the best D4 team for 2010.

Will Monash be hindered by cockiness and stumble over their inflated egos?
Can Mt Lilydale actually contest four complete quarters as well as overcome the loss of three key players?

Whatever........just make it so I get my $10 entry's worth! :rolleyes:

Firstly congrats to all competing sides tomorrow. Like most I believe Monash to be winners in both grades. The fact is Monash have lost one game this year and while it was a great game they only had 16 fit players to lose it with under 1 minute to go. Would be interesting to know how many players jumped on board once Richie O was named coach during the pre-season. The RAMs have had a great season but with the likes of no Rhodes, Pulka and the word is on the street Varga not fit and Baughn came off with ankle injury last week. What some may not know is they have been able to score fairly quickly against the Gryphs in their last two encounters. Only time will tell. Good luck to all. For all non competing sides, a big 2011 awaits.

Firstly congrats to all competing sides tomorrow. Like most I believe Monash to be winners in both grades. The fact is Monash have lost one game this year and while it was a great game they only had 16 fit players to lose it with under 1 minute to go. Would be interesting to know how many players jumped on board once Richie O was named coach during the pre-season. The RAMs have had a great season but with the likes of no Rhodes, Pulka and the word is on the street Varga not fit and Baughn came off with ankle injury last week. What some may not know is they have been able to score fairly quickly against the Gryphs in their last two encounters. Only time will tell. Good luck to all. For all non competing sides, a big 2011 awaits.

Noticed that Pullka, Rhodes, Hooke have not been named, the others have Fisbo

MT LILYDALE
Click Player Names to view their Personal StatisticsPlayer NameGBSTJim Baughan00Joel Black00Bryn Boomsma00Brendan Byrne00Luke Evans00Greg Finkemeyer00Chris Gibson00Sean Gibson00Mark Gower00Max Hampton00Kevin Maniscalchi00Haydn Moyes00Luke Nally00Jamie Paull00Lachlan Powell00Ryan Rantall00Julian Russell00Justin Roberts00Andrew Rodwell00Alister Stewart00Russell Strong00Adam Thorne00Thomas Wall00Francis Varga00Anthony Zinghini00

Get your facts right mate. The 2nd time you guys played us you beat us by 11 points 7.9 to 5.10, when we only had 2 on the bench after half time due to players having to fill in for the 1's. Also if we weren't 2 goals 8 at half time, and converted some of those easy oppurtunities, it would have been very similar to the semi final.
If it wasn't for injuries and blokes going home we would have produced much better efforts in some of our games during the year, but that's the way footy goes. Also in the games we lost, the opposition was just better on the day.
Credit where credit is due mate. A lot of 2's players have had to step up to 1's this year to fill the many spots that became available due to this injury and lack of players, and to their credit they relished their oppurtunities and really improved their game because of it. Towards the end of the year when we gained a lot of players back into the side, thre was a lot of competition for spots and as there are only 22 spots available in the 1's, not everybody can play there, and any team with depth will therefore have a stronger 2's side.
As a consequence we have players who could play in 1's, but they have been 2's players for the majority of the year because of this depth, and that's why there are the VAFA has these qualifying rules. If every Swinburne player who has played a game of 1's this year were ineligable then we would struggle to field a side this finals series.
As for the Lilydale loss. It was the same team that beat Brunswick the week before. Just a loss. Everybody has them now and then. Just like how St.Kilda lost to Adelaide then beat Geelong the next week. Footy is just a funny, unpredictable game sometimes, and that's why we love it.

good luck to the monash gryphons seniors as they vie for their first ever vafa premiership.

& also to the monash gryphons reserves as they have another crack at the big one.

i remember being at jack barker reserve in cheltenham in 2006 for the bentleigh v south melbourne districts d3 seniors grand final & when the gryphs as a club were last in a grand final, they held a 5 point lead (leading all day) against kew.

at the 34 minute mark, a ball-up ensued in the kew forward line, a kew player climbed over the pack, grabbed the t w & snapped truly for a 1 point lead.

the ball went quickly back to the middle & as soon as it was bounced (yes, BOUNCED - remember that??), the siren sounded... HEARTBREAKING!!
Not true. Ball went up and we took it out of the middle, went to hit up Matty Parker but cramped and pulled the kicked and it was marked by another fella who’s name escapes me. Failed to make the distance.

Good game, still devo me or Jase Harak didn't get to the ball out of the ball up when the kew bloke kicked the goal.

Looking forward to tomorrow, Magnificent 7 will be their in force.

Go Gryphs

Not true. Ball went up and we took it out of the middle, went to hit up Matty Parker but cramped and pulled the kicked and it was marked by another fella who’s name escapes me. Failed to make the distance.

Good game, still devo me or Jase Harak didn't get to the ball out of the ball up when the kew bloke kicked the goal.

Looking forward to tomorrow, Magnificent 7 will be their in force.

Go Gryphs

Andy,

After goal was scored ball went back to middle. Kew threw all players behind the ball. Monash got a quick kick out of centre was marked by Jamie Bell of Kew who kicked it up to wing when siren went.

Andy,

After goal was scored ball went back to middle. Kew threw all players behind the ball. Monash got a quick kick out of centre was marked by Jamie Bell of Kew who kicked it up to wing when siren went.

I could have sworn that it went to a gryphs player after the clearance who the turned it over, but I'm happy to take your word for it.

all u clowns from lillydale that think u r going to get close to monash must be dreaming

Do I detect a little Jealousy Arnold. Let me guess, Manningham supporter. The fact is the two best sides are playing and I'm sure Mt Lilydale will give it their all today, no excuses like you guys had last week. Supporter of neither side but hopefully it will be a great game. If I was betting my left nut then Monash all the way,(actually lost that in a bet a few weeks ago) I'll put my right nut on the line but lets see what happens.
As long as Collingwood don't win the premiership I will be a happy one nutted man.

monash gryphons 18 15 123 v mount lilydale 17 5 107

monash gryphons 24 13 157 v swinburne university 9 8 62

monash gryphons 13 12 90 v mount lilydale 11 8 74

monash gryphons 9 13 67 v swinburne university 7 5 47

right margin in the seniors (a**e) but nowhere near the scores & in the reserves i didnt even rate!! **laugh**

anyway, congratulations to the monash gryphons football club on winning their first EVER senior & first EVER reserves premiership.

i'll bet therell be a long night of celebration & carousing ahead at the east caulfield reserve along the princes highway... thoroughly deserved!! :thumbsu:

Andy,

yes I'll agree with that old timer.
well played on the day. strange the qtrs that day went over 35min...:p was pretty exhausted by the end of the game after having 3 of your players give me a work over on the day.

yes I'll agree with that old timer.
well played on the day. strange the qtrs that day went over 35min...:p was pretty exhausted by the end of the game after having 3 of your players give me a work over on the day.

Just woke up. Been sleeping for 20 hours. Getting too old for alcohol!
If I recall Broman the skipper was asked if he wanted to play the 'time on' rule and he said yes... Big Mistake!

Well done to the Monash boys thoroughly deserved. Tommy Wall was bloody awesome though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back