D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Division 4 Section 2011

Well... One things for sure... One reserves team in the top 5 is going to be very unlucky to miss out on a finals spot. 5 teams on 9+ wins, and everyone else <4.

Looks like 11 wins may not secure a spot in the final 5.

South Mornington is still in the hunt for a senior final birth, but one of the top 4 will have to lose to a non-contender for that to happen. Their percentage is too weak.

Second spot on the ladder is a toss up.

Another massive week coming up for RC, with SFX coming to KB reserve. RC reserves must win to keep EP off their backs...

1. Who's the big fella? Is that the big mouth 49 in the reserves?
2. Player payments! :)
1. Maybe just the fella who was looking for a team in the area this season and is loving Shark park. Was that 9 goals in the end? Good effort regardless of insipid opposition. Saw half of the reserves game and swear Shark twos would thump opposition ones. Box Hill kept trying though and that is all you can expect.
2. Awwwwww, from one who some seem to regard as a D4 long time insider it is cheap to throw that comment at different clubs. Head up, keep dummy in.

1. Maybe just the fella who was looking for a team in the area this season and is loving Shark park. Was that 9 goals in the end? Good effort regardless of insipid opposition. Saw half of the reserves game and swear Shark twos would thump opposition ones. Box Hill kept trying though and that is all you can expect.
2. Awwwwww, from one who some seem to regard as a D4 long time insider it is cheap to throw that comment at different clubs. Head up, keep dummy in.

Good for him.

Another big matchup this satruday is EP down at SM. Two of the in-form teams at the moment.

South Mornington must win in the seniors to stay alive, and EP may need to win the reserves to stay in the finals hunt.

South haven't lost since going down to NB a handful of games ago... EP are also on a winning streak....

Schnapps?

Good for him.

Another big matchup this satruday is EP down at SM. Two of the in-form teams at the moment.

South Mornington must win in the seniors to stay alive, and EP may need to win the reserves to stay in the finals hunt.

South haven't lost since going down to NB a handful of games ago... EP are also on a winning streak....

Schnapps?
Down the peninsula you would think SM would start faves playing for a legitimate shot at a finals berth. And in the twos, a win for RC in particular would seemingly wrap up a finals spot with EP having to play a blinder this week to be any chance. The weekend will tell the tale.
With the ones top 5/6 so competitive it is ripe for a sensational run of games leading up to the business end.

Alright, time to clear a few things up.

The 'Big Fella' you speak of, that was on the forum earlier in the year looking for a club - he rocked up, did a handful of trainings in the pre-season and early rounds, never pulled on a sharks top and has not been sighted at the club since about round 4.

Schnapper, what's your connection to the sharks? I thought you must have been a mate of the big fella given you said he loves the sharks, but then to confuse him with a player from the weekend makes me think otherwise? If you're a local fan then happy to have you on board, just curious as to your identity.

Alright, time to clear a few things up.

The 'Big Fella' you speak of, that was on the forum earlier in the year looking for a club - he rocked up, did a handful of trainings in the pre-season and early rounds, never pulled on a sharks top and has not been sighted at the club since about round 4.

Schnapper, what's your connection to the sharks? I thought you must have been a mate of the big fella given you said he loves the sharks, but then to confuse him with a player from the weekend makes me think otherwise? If you're a local fan then happy to have you on board, just curious as to your identity.
PM will be sent in a few minutes.

Number of players who have played in the Seniors this season:
Chadstone - 48
North Brunswick - 46
Box Hill North - 45
Swinburne University - 43
Richmond Central - 40
Point Cook - 38
South Mornington - 36
St Francis Xavier - 35
Manningham Cobras - 32
Eley Park Sharks - 30

The Eley Park number stands out to me. Only 30 players used after 13 rounds! Also I thought that Manningham would have more players used.

Interesting stat... But what does it say?

Contributing factors:

Injury
Lack of commitment (read: weddings)
Rotation

Can you do the same for reserves? That's be double for most teams I'd of thought.

Seniors top 4 looks pretty set at this stage, with EP, RC, and SU set to jostle for the double chance. At this stage I think the seniors will play out as follows

1. St. Francis Xavier
2. Eley Park
3. Richmond Central
4. Swinburne University

The reserves is the interesting one. My guess would be

1. South Mornington
2. St. Francis Xavier
3. North Brunswick
4. Eley Park

However, it will all come down to RC -V - SFX this weekend. If the centrals get up, they will sneak in, if they lose it will be EP. Obviously, i think the centrals will be the unlucky one's to miss.

Should be very interesting watching the season unfold.

Shaping to be the best finals series in years, 2007 was probably the last time we didn't know who was going to win the flag this far through the season.

Hi everyone,

With finals rapidly approaching, it would be great to start getting some nominations for the team of the year in Division 4. Very happy to hear about players from your own team, but it would also help the process if you can provide the names of a few of your opponents this year, to give me a bit more of an objective viewpoint of who the standouts have been this season. Send me a PM, or put your own list/team on this thread. If you give me a list, please put in the positions for the players.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi everyone,

With finals rapidly approaching, it would be great to start getting some nominations for the team of the year in Division 4. Very happy to hear about players from your own team, but it would also help the process if you can provide the names of a few of your opponents this year, to give me a bit more of an objective viewpoint of who the standouts have been this season. Send me a PM, or put your own list/team on this thread. If you give me a list, please put in the positions for the players.

Cheers,

Simon
Dimakopoulous - wherever you want him SFX
Israel /FP -EP
Spencer CHF/FP/FF -SFX
Ashton CHB/HB _SW
Marsh FF- PC
Penny HF BHN
Pike -C
Hyman - W
and throw in Price SM Angus RC Notaro NB Lucevic NB and Trinchi Man

Dimakopoulous - wherever you want him SFX
Israel /FP -EP
Spencer CHF/FP/FF -SFX
Ashton CHB/HB _SW
Marsh FF- PC
Penny HF BHN
Pike -C
Hyman - W
and throw in Price SM Angus RC Notaro NB Lucevic NB and Trinchi Man

Pike's been playing at BP or HBF all season at RC... so would be a long shot at center.

I like your other selections though. There are probably a few more SFX midfielders to chuck in there.

O'Reagan seems to be getting a lot of attention at Manningham as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pike's been playing at BP or HBF all season at RC... so would be a long shot at center.

I like your other selections though. There are probably a few more SFX midfielders to chuck in there.

O'Reagan seems to be getting a lot of attention at Manningham as well.

Using what I have seen plus what others have said I have the following so far.

I need suggestions of backmen as I don't know them that well.

FB: Pike, ,
HB: O'Reagan, Ashton,
C: George, Hyman, Dima
HF: Notaro, Spencer, Penny
FF: Israel, Marsh, Kilmartin
R: Angus, De Vercelli, Lucevic
B:

Using what I have seen plus what others have said I have the following so far.

I need suggestions of backmen as I don't know them that well.

FB: Pike, ,
HB: O'Reagan, Ashton,
C: George, Hyman, Dima
HF: Notaro, Spencer, Penny
FF: Israel, Marsh, Kilmartin
R: Angus, De Vercelli, Lucevic
B:

Times i've seen him play he's been at CHF.

FB: Pike (RC) - Miller (EP) - Woodberry (RC)
CHB: Manning (BHN) - SFX - SFX
C: O'Reagan (MC) - Hyman (SU) - Bennett (EP)
CHF: Kilmartin (SU) - Israel (EP) - Notaro (NB)
FF: Penny (BHN) - Marsh (PC) - Spencer (SFX)

Ruck: Liston (BHN)
RR: Dimma (SFX)
R: De Vercelli (MC)

B: Jeffrey (NB), George (CH), Price (SM), Angus (RC)

Although a little biased, i reckon Matt Corstorphin (#5) from EP should be considered at half back. Has been arguably our best running defender all season and named in the best on numerous occasions

FB: Pike (RC) - Miller (EP) - Woodberry (RC)
CHB: Manning (BHN) - SFX - SFX
C: O'Reagan (MC) - Hyman (SU) - Bennett (EP)
CHF: Kilmartin (SU) - Israel (EP) - Notaro (NB)
FF: Penny (BHN) - Marsh (PC) - Spencer (SFX)

Ruck: Liston (BHN)
RR: Dimma (SFX)
R: De Vercelli (MC)

B: Jeffrey (NB), George (CH), Price (SM), Angus (RC)

Please tell me thats not yourself??

Although a little biased, i reckon Matt Corstorphin (#5) from EP should be considered at half back. Has been arguably our best running defender all season and named in the best on numerous occasions

Ben Ryan has been fantastic for us (RC) on the HBF this year, i'd put him forward as a nomination.

I would nominate Michael Clark from South (#12), won our B&f last year at CHB and would be favorite to do it again this year, can go forward as he showed earlier in the year kicking 7

From what I have seen this year, I would nominate the folloowing players for consideration in the D4 team of the year

NB - Jefferey, Lucevic, Notaro
SFX - Dima, Spencer
RC - Angus, Pike, Woodberry, Tragear
EP - Bennett, Christorphin, Thomas
SM - Price, Clark
BHN - Penny, Manning
MC - O'Reagan
PC - Marsh
SU - Hyman, Kilmartin

seems to have gone reasonably quiet on here since ruck machines self [FONT=&quot]indulged nomination...

perhaps everyone is too busy choking on their cornflakes to post further nominations/comments.....
[/FONT]

seems to have gone reasonably quiet on here since ruck machines self [FONT=&quot]indulged nomination...

perhaps everyone is too busy choking on their cornflakes to post further nominations/comments.....
[/FONT]

He can't possibly have meant himself? Could he? Surely he's nominated a rucking team-mate as a kind gesture? Would make for poor darts if it is a self nomination, especially seeing as though this 'Liston' fella hasn't had any other nominations and Dolph 'Angus' Lundgren was named on the pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back