D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Daicos. Chadstone has definately improved in the second half of the season. How come #43 in the reserves doesnt play seniors? Quality reserves player.

In terms of the twos we had a good game against the students last week but we were always going to struggle against you blokes. Starting with 15 and none of our talls playing didn't help. Still with a trip across the bridge this week there's no reason we can't take it to Point Cook.

He is in the twos for the same reason a lot of blokes are - training. Only about 5 blokes from the twos go to training, which makes things tough through the whole squad. That needs to improve from this coming preseason or we will never get anywhere.

There are enough people at the club that care enough to get things back on track, and it will happen eventually... Just have to keep fronting up every week and keep learning.

Good stuff whispers!

In the reserves, (barring any massive upsets) NB will need to win their last three matches. And pray that SFX drop this match to South Mornington.

In that case, NB and SFX will play off for the last spot in the finals in round 18. The seniors outcome will make no difference to the ladder, so will both teams play their seniors in the early game? Intruiging situation!

Round 16..........

SFX @ South Mornington - Biggest match of the year for South. Win and they're still a good chance of making the finals.... Lose and they may rely on other results. They have proved very tough to beat down there this year, and this should be a corker of a game. If SFX come to play they will be too good, but who knows? South could intimidate the Berwick boys. I'm tipping South to upstage the ladder leaders. The reserves should be interesting as well...

NB @ BHN - Just pride at stake in this old fashioned D4 stouch. I'm tipping Box Hill rebound for a win at home.

Mann @ RC - Must win game for RC to stay clear of the Tigers, but also a danger game. Manningham have been unpredicatable, and can be very good when on their game.

Chadstone @ PC - Chadstone haven't won a game since changing their names from Syndal... Time for a change back perhaps? PC will clean them up, seniors and reserves.

Swinburne @ EP - The biggest home ground advantage in D4 will be a massive challenge for the captainless Swinburne. I'm tipping EP get up by a fair margin, and tighten the race for second spot on the ladder.

Reserves - South Mornington, North Bruns, RC, PC and EP.

Round 16..........

SFX @ South Mornington - Biggest match of the year for South. Win and they're still a good chance of making the finals.... Lose and they may rely on other results. They have proved very tough to beat down there this year, and this should be a corker of a game. If SFX come to play they will be too good, but who knows? South could intimidate the Berwick boys. I'm tipping South to upstage the ladder leaders. The reserves should be interesting as well...

NB @ BHN - Just pride at stake in this old fashioned D4 stouch. I'm tipping Box Hill rebound for a win at home.

Mann @ RC - Must win game for RC to stay clear of the Tigers, but also a danger game. Manningham have been unpredicatable, and can be very good when on their game.

Chadstone @ PC - Chadstone haven't won a game since changing their names from Syndal... Time for a change back perhaps? PC will clean them up, seniors and reserves.

Swinburne @ EP - The biggest home ground advantage in D4 will be a massive challenge for the captainless Swinburne. I'm tipping EP get up by a fair margin, and tighten the race for second spot on the ladder.

Reserves - South Mornington, North Bruns, RC, PC and EP.

Are you umpiring this weekend Waz? Looks like i will be your partner if so? Sorry!

What's the deal with finals qualification ? How many senior games do you need to have played to qualify ? How many senior games disqualifies you from playing in the reserves ?

Speaking of finals, has anybody heard whispers about the proposed D4 finals venues?

No one on here has offered any record of their tipping....

I reckon I've had plenty wrong this year, but have a pretty good feel for it (without looking back over my tips:) )

I think I'm probably about 2 wrong per round... or about 45 of 75 with 15 games to go.

SM, NB and MC have been completely unpredicable. Pc have also been up and down... Wardy, I wonder whether the u18's are getting a run in the seniors since their seasons have finished? (Did they win the flag in the WRJFL?) At any rate, if those players stick around, PC will have a great team next year if not the year after...).

Ignoring the senior sides, SM's reserves have been the biggest surprise this year. Everyone seems shocked that they can have such a young and fast reserves side without dominating in the seniors as well. It's come from nowhere really, have they ever had a strong reserves unit before?

With everything on the line for them tomorrow, will they let there young runners have a crack, or keep the winning formula intact?

As an RC supporter, I'm hoping for an SFX victory in the seniors and a loss in the reserves, but it's very hard to guage. I wonder what Glen is thinking about all this.

Plugger, see you tomorrow. It's always fun having the cobras in town... The last few years you've visited during our past players day. Hopefully we have a good crowd again tomorrow...

Round 16 Tips

South Mornington vs St Francis Xavier - SM by 1 goal.
Box Hill North vs North Brunswick - BHN by 1 goal.
Richmond Central vs Manningham - RC by 3 goals.
Point Cook vs Chadstone - PC by 17 goals.
Eley Park vs Swinburne - EP by 2 goals.

Reserves: SM, BHN, RC, PC, EP

Big win by BHN, predicted successfully by RM!

Massive win by SM over SFX! Keeping the dream alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking the top 4 teams would be pretty happy not to have South Mornington in the finals.

Even if they beat RC this week they're going to have a tough time getting in. They pretty much need Point Cook to beat Eley Park or RC in the next two weeks.

A couple of fantastic games of footy at citation on sat, the seniors on the back of our vc Sam Wright keeping Spencer to 1 goal came from behind to keep the finals hopes alive, pretty much hoping for Marsh to have a day out and knock off either Eley or Richmond last game ( if we beat Richmond this week) also a chance of Swinny dropping two??? Got NB at home and BHN away two tricky games I reckon ( wishful thinking) In the reserves it was a good tough game, we had a really good second half and ran away with it after scores were level at half time, an interesting two rounds to come

A couple of fantastic games of footy at citation on sat, the seniors on the back of our vc Sam Wright keeping Spencer to 1 goal came from behind to keep the finals hopes alive, pretty much hoping for Marsh to have a day out and knock off either Eley or Richmond last game ( if we beat Richmond this week) also a chance of Swinny dropping two??? Got NB at home and BHN away two tricky games I reckon ( wishful thinking) In the reserves it was a good tough game, we had a really good second half and ran away with it after scores were level at half time, an interesting two rounds to come

An extremely good effort. What was the ground like down there Bob? Windy? Wet?

At RC the reserves played Manningham in some of the worst conditions we've seen at KB. Lightning, Thunder, Hail, Pouring rain (At least it wasn't windy). There was nothing in it with 10 mins to go when RC got a couple in a row.

The sun drenched the senior match for a change. Manningham got the first 3 goals, then RC dominated the rest of the day.

Whispers sat back in his Gazebo and watched a game played in the proverbial two halves.

Manningham in the first half implored their full ground press and relied on their half back line to rebound continually in order to break down the counter man on man style from the Snakes.

The latter half saw the brutual strength and stamina of the Snake prevail and a very handy 61 point win was the eventual margin. The Snakes had the usual suspects in the best and was good to see some players that have been a touch down recently find their usual form coming to the pointy end of the season.

I personally am already druelling at the prospect of the Round 1 re - match against the South Mornington Tigers.

The Tigers, have only one option, and that is to beat the Snakes in order to keep their final dream alive. Fair to say there will be a bus full of Station master players raring to gain back the 4 points that they dropped in round 1.

S. Wright Vs. C. Trager is THE mouth watering. Watch this space for the winner to be declared, but Whispers hears, that the Tigers from the South have been doing their homeorks on the No. 2.

However, the 100 minutes of senior football is only a side note to the Pre - game entertainment that is unleashed at all home games. Fingers crossed from this VAFA supporter that a particular ACDC number is belted from the grandstand pre - bounce to this season's shaping decider.

Whispers out...

Weather Was fine down south a drizzle every now and again but nothing major, the ground is a little boggy at the moment with a couple of sand pits but they rolled it last week and it had no impact on Saturday's results I would say

I had forgotten about the loudspeaker welcome to the teams down at Citation... Are they still doing that?

RC are hoping for a few handy inclusions this week. It would be good to see the captain out and about again... Fingers crossed.

Huge game for RC and SM this weekend.

I think matchup to watch is Smith Vs Angus.

I'm very interested to see how Seb handles the crash and bash style of Smith.

Well done on Sat RM.... Your mob would've loved the win... If you check back in the forum you'll see I tipped BHN as well :) Big Seb is going pretty well... Took some big marks in the back line last week. He's a hard man to stop.

RC will be hoping to stop the tigers terrific run, but we know it will be a big task. It'd be nice to know we were in the finals a week in advance... We were up by 4 goals at half time the last time we played them (round 1). They were down by 3 goals at half time against SFX this Sat and got up to win. Obviously they have a lot of fight.

RC have won the last 2 times down there at Citation. Here's hoping.

In other matches for round 17:

Manningham @ Chadstone: Manningham will win comfortably. Hopefully chadstone will win another quarter or two.

Eley Park @ Point Cook: This is the game SM will be watching closely on Saturday. If PC can pull an upset, and SM win by a decent margin, then they may be within striking distance. Point Cook have been a solid side this year, and their ladder position backs this up. If they come to play, they could pull off an upset, but I think EP will have too much on the line to let this one slip.

BHN @ SFX: SFX will belt Box Hill. Sorry RM. They'll be punished on the track this week after letting one slip against a potential finals opponent.

NB @ Swinburne: This is a danger game for Swinburne with second spot on the line. NB played a shocker last week in a game they would've expected to win. Swinburne haven't beaten a top ranked side in a while... Also, teams have pushed the Pigs at home as their ground is so odd. I'm tipping Swinburne, but I think it'll be close. Are Swinburne having issues with exams again?

Reserves:

RC @ SM - RC needs a win to stay in the top 2... big ask after losing by 95 in round 1.
Mann
EP
SFX
NB

Tips for this week

Seniors
Manningham by 120
Eley Park by 35
St Francis Xavier by 100
Swinburne by 40
South Mornington by 18

Reserves
Manningham by 150
Eley Park by 75
St Francis Xavier by 125
North Brunswick by 60
South Mornington by 45

Round 17 Tips

South Mornington vs Richmond Central - SM by 4 goals.
Chadstone vs Manningham - MC by 12 goals.
Point Cook vs Eley Park - EP by 3 goals.
St Francis Xavier vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 goal.
Swinburne Uni vs North Brunswick - SU by 6 goals.

Reserves: SM, MC, EP, BHN, NB

Well done on Sat RM.... Your mob would've loved the win... If you check back in the forum you'll see I tipped BHN as well :) Big Seb is going pretty well... Took some big marks in the back line last week. He's a hard man to stop.

RC will be hoping to stop the tigers terrific run, but we know it will be a big task. It'd be nice to know we were in the finals a week in advance... We were up by 4 goals at half time the last time we played them (round 1). They were down by 3 goals at half time against SFX this Sat and got up to win. Obviously they have a lot of fight.

RC have won the last 2 times down there at Citation. Here's hoping.

In other matches for round 17:

Manningham @ Chadstone: Manningham will win comfortably. Hopefully chadstone will win another quarter or two.

Eley Park @ Point Cook: This is the game SM will be watching closely on Saturday. If PC can pull an upset, and SM win by a decent margin, then they may be within striking distance. Point Cook have been a solid side this year, and their ladder position backs this up. If they come to play, they could pull off an upset, but I think EP will have too much on the line to let this one slip.

BHN @ SFX: SFX will belt Box Hill. Sorry RM. They'll be punished on the track this week after letting one slip against a potential finals opponent.

NB @ Swinburne: This is a danger game for Swinburne with second spot on the line. NB played a shocker last week in a game they would've expected to win. Swinburne haven't beaten a top ranked side in a while... Also, teams have pushed the Pigs at home as their ground is so odd. I'm tipping Swinburne, but I think it'll be close. Are Swinburne having issues with exams again?

Reserves:

RC @ SM - RC needs a win to stay in the top 2... big ask after losing by 95 in round 1.
Mann
EP
SFX
NB

You sound like a nervous nelly trying to convince yourself that SM hold now fears given RC have won there the last 2 visits. Clearly the in form team of D4. Also interesting to note that RC are the only team in the four to have been thrashed by 10 goals or more by all of the other 3 contenders. Given that SM have managed to narrowly beat the same 3 teams at Citation, the RC hierachy will be approaching this game with much trepidation. Having only accounted for the lowly Chaddy in recent weeks, having succumb to SFX & the Sharks a third loss to a strong team would cast many a question about the snakes ability to play in big games against good teams. Watch for the "P" button to be pressed at 5pm on Saturday if they lose heavily again:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back