D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Division 4 Section 2011

Is Spencer the big unit at SFX, or the skinnier version? They both kicked bags against us last time so I'm not sure which is which.

Swinburne will move to second spot on the ladder this weekend thanks to a percentage booster courtesy of Chadstone. Poor Chadstone is going to cop it from SU, RC and EP in the last 5 rounds as they all try to get their percentages up. It'll be a tough end to the season for them.

Round 14......................

EP @ SM - Massive game for both sides, obviously a do or die affair for SM who can't afford to lose another game. Both sides are in their best form, but the advantage is with SM at home.

SFX @ RC - SFX has solidfied a finals spot, and has topped spot all but locked up. RC has neither a finals spot nor a top two spot locked. A win against SFX would be huge. Both sides have been a bit out of sorts lately.

NB @ Mann - NB have a pretty good side in, and have been unlucky not to win a few more games this year. I haven't seen much of Manningham but they're probably in the same boat. There will be some fired up players on both sides.

BHN @ PC - Point cook have improved from last season, but they're in the same spot on the ladder. This says a lot about the strength of D4 this year. They nearly knocked Swinburne off last week, and will be too strong for BHN, especially at home. Box Hill have struggled since round 5.

Ch @ SU - Chadstone has won two first quarters this year, v BHN and NB. Although SU is a good side, St James Park is such a strange ground to play on at the moment, that it seems to hurt Swinburne. The feeling is they play better away, on the bigger grounds. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaddy win the first quarter again (provided they win the toss), but Swinburne will still win by 100+. Apparently Chadstone picked up a couple of ex B grade players via their new coach?

Reserves...............

SM to beat EP (please!)
RC over SFX (desperate!)
Manningham over NB (they did it last time)
PC over BHN
SU over Chad

He can't possibly have meant himself? Could he? Surely he's nominated a rucking team-mate as a kind gesture? Would make for poor darts if it is a self nomination, especially seeing as though this 'Liston' fella hasn't had any other nominations and Dolph 'Angus' Lundgren was named on the pine.

Rm is a worthy inclusion. And is probably BHN's second best player. I sense some tongues in cheeks :)

I know that some people get pretty chuffed to be selected in the D4 team of the year.

He can't possibly have meant himself? Could he? Surely he's nominated a rucking team-mate as a kind gesture? Would make for poor darts if it is a self nomination, especially seeing as though this 'Liston' fella hasn't had any other nominations and Dolph 'Angus' Lundgren was named on the pine.

I don't know RM's real name but I rucked against him the first time we played them and didn't get my hand near the ball in the centre 'bounces'.

Doesn't necessarily make him the best ruckman in the comp though because that happened to me most weeks, it is biased I know, but when Seb Angus is on song no ruckman in the league can compete with him.

Well... One things for sure... One reserves team in the top 5 is going to be very unlucky to miss out on a finals spot. 5 teams on 9+ wins, and everyone else <4.

Looks like 11 wins may not secure a spot in the final 5.

South Mornington is still in the hunt for a senior final birth, but one of the top 4 will have to lose to a non-contender for that to happen. Their percentage is too weak.

Second spot on the ladder is a toss up.

Another massive week coming up for RC, with SFX coming to KB reserve. RC reserves must win to keep EP off their backs...

And I am sure you will do your best to make this happen Waz ;)

The poor old X men dont stand a chance this week:D:D

Seniors

EP @ SM - EP by 5 goals

SFX @ RC - SFX by 4 goals

NB @ Mann - MC by 3 goals

BHN @ PC - PC by 10 goals

Ch @ SU - SU by 22 goals

Reserves
SM by 6 goals
SFX by 5 goals
NB by 10 goals
PC by 15 goals
SU by 20 goals

....... but when Seb Angus is on song no ruckman in the league can compete with him.

Norfolk, .......I dunno. I watched him last week Vs NB, and he was made to look like a muppet.

Not saying he is a bad player, in fact he's probably a very good one. However after all the hype I was expecting much more.

I don't know how many free kicks he gave away because he was frustrated. But he probably kept North Brunny in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Again, a good player, but I reckon overall was beaten by big Freight Train Brown (Guy Hampshire) on Sat.

Round 14 Tips

South Mornington vs Eley Park - EP by 6 goals
Richmond Central vs St Francis Xavier - RC by 1 goal.
Manningham vs North Brunswick - MC by 2 goals.
Point Cook vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 goal.
Swinburne vs Chadstone - SU by 17 goals.

Reserves: SM, RC, NB, BHN, SU

Norfolk, .......I dunno. I watched him last week Vs NB, and he was made to look like a muppet.

Not saying he is a bad player, in fact he's probably a very good one. However after all the hype I was expecting much more.

I don't know how many free kicks he gave away because he was frustrated. But he probably kept North Brunny in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Again, a good player, but I reckon overall was beaten by big Freight Train Brown (Guy Hampshire) on Sat.

Ho Ho Ho. I just picked myself up off the floor at your lack of understanding. Hampshire is not a ruckmans knob. You sit back make pot shots wagonhater and i believe that a skirt like you is prob still bitter cause you got kicked out of the EFL citing lack of player payments. FACT!

why dont you crawl back under your rock and just keep sitting at Luna Park telling all the carnie kids just how good you were when you beat Raiden Tallis one on one in that game at Sports cover arena.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz boring

Ho Ho Ho. I just picked myself up off the floor at your lack of understanding. Hampshire is not a ruckmans knob. You sit back make pot shots wagonhater and i believe that a skirt like you is prob still bitter cause you got kicked out of the EFL citing lack of player payments. FACT!

why dont you crawl back under your rock and just keep sitting at Luna Park telling all the carnie kids just how good you were when you beat Raiden Tallis one on one in that game at Sports cover arena.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz boring

HAHAHAHAHA, this is brilliant, you obviously have me confused with someone else.

A) Seb Angus had a poor game and was beaten by Guy Hampshire (FACT). Might happen only 1/10 games, but it happened.

B) "Luna Park telling all the carnie kids just how good you were when you beat Raiden Tallis one on one in that game at Sports cover arena." Seriously dude, no idea what you are talking about.

C) I have never played in the EFL, trained with a club in the EFL, approached an EFL club, or even been to an EFL game.

D) Not pot shots, just an observation and an opinion. I stated the Seb got beaten, and that I thought he would be a better player after being selected in the interleague team.

Maybe you were a little confused?? RC won comprehensively, and played well, but not everybody won their position.

Seb by his own admissions didn't have a great game that day, as you said was frustrated and gave away a few silly free kicks. Everyone has those days and considering that was the only time you have seen him play this year I can understand why you wouldn't rate him highly.

Seb still played ok and snagged a couple of goals in that game but was by no means at his best, like quite a few of us.

Nothing against hampshire's performance, he played well but in my opinion if Seb was playing at his usual standard he would have won that contest easily.

Seb by his own admissions didn't have a great game that day, as you said was frustrated and gave away a few silly free kicks. Everyone has those days and considering that was the only time you have seen him play this year I can understand why you wouldn't rate him highly.

Seb still played ok and snagged a couple of goals in that game but was by no means at his best, like quite a few of us.

Nothing against hampshire's performance, he played well but in my opinion if Seb was playing at his usual standard he would have won that contest easily.

That's a fair call!! I look forward to seeing Seb go round again (if he stays at Richmond?).

I wonder if he will field offers from clubs offering match payments? I'm sure some D4 guys must get offers......that's where loyalty counts I guess.

That's a fair call!! I look forward to seeing Seb go round again (if he stays at Richmond?).

I wonder if he will field offers from clubs offering match payments? I'm sure some D4 guys must get offers......that's where loyalty counts I guess.

Hey Hater, is this Hampshire guy new to North Brunswick?

Hey Ruck,

New to the club this year I believe....but has played every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well..... RC got belted after a strong first quarter.... Jumped out of the blocks but got pummelled from there on. SFX played 3 very good quarters.

South Mornington stayed in the hunt, but will have their biggest test in two weeks when SFX come to town. It could be a must win for them.

I heard EP's reserves had a contentious free paid to them as the siren blew, allowing them to get the win. Either way, it's hard to see anyone beating them the rest of the way. Are they now the favourites for the Reserves flag?

Another good win by NB's seniors, but their reserves loss to Manningham has them staring down the barrell of a long off-season. EP this week is a must win for them and should be a cracker... Hip... Keep your ear plugs handy!

South Mornington stayed in the hunt, but will have their biggest test in two weeks when SFX come to town. It could be a must win for them.

I heard EP's reserves had a contentious free paid to them as the siren blew, allowing them to get the win. Either way, it's hard to see anyone beating them the rest of the way. Are they now the favourites for the Reserves

All 4 games are a must win for us South boys to sneak in while need Eley to drop thier game against Swinny and one of NB or PC away, hoping! As for the reserves on Saturday the free kick in the last 5 seconds was for kicking in danger as the ball went through the goals, I think it was there but the umpiring throughout the game was defenantly questionable, regardless thats footy and they beat us on the day

I heard EP's reserves had a contentious free paid to them as the siren blew, allowing them to get the win. Either way, it's hard to see anyone beating them the rest of the way. Are they now the favourites for the Reserves

All 4 games are a must win for us South boys to sneak in while need Eley to drop thier game against Swinny and one of NB or PC away, hoping! As for the reserves on Saturday the free kick in the last 5 seconds was for kicking in danger as the ball went through the goals, I think it was there but the umpiring throughout the game was defenantly questionable, regardless thats footy and they beat us on the day

As the ball went through the Tigers Goal? or EP?

Flag Odds

Seniors

SFX - $1.80
EP - $6.00
RC - $6.50
SU - $6.50
SM - $25.00

Reserves

SM - $2.20
EP - $3.00
RC - $6.00
NB - $7.50
SFX - $10.00

I have limited it to five teams in both divisions as there are only really 5 genuine contenders. SFX should win the flag in the seniors, but it is anyones guess as to who finisihes second. I have a feeling it will have a lot to do with the finals venue. If the finals are played on smaller grounds, then EP and SU will have the advantage, however if it is a big ground then it will favour RC.

I think EP and SM have emerged as the top 2 teams in the reserves but RC still have a genuine chance. I have lowered the odds on NB as I am pretty confident they will start to stack the 2's now the seniors season is over. If that is the case, then SFX maybe the unlucky ones.

Lots of big games still to play....

Round 15:
Reserves: EP @ NB (Must win for NB reserves)

Round 16:
SFX @ SM (Must win for SM seniors, must win for SFX reserves... fascinating matchups)
SU @ EP (could be for second spot on the seniors ladder, or worse)

Round 17:
RC @ SM (Finals could be on the line for both clubs... massive game in the reserves as well)

Round 18:

SFX @ NB (Could be a reserves elimination match)

Round 15 Tips

North Brunswick vs Eley Park - EP by 6 goals.
Box Hill North vs South Mornington - BHN by 1 goal.
Chadstone vs Richmond Central - RC by 17 goals.
Manningham vs Swinburne Uni - SU by 3 goals.
St Francis Xavier vs Point Cook - PC by 1 goal.

NB v EP, have seen NB at thier best at home when they smashed us a month ago, hoping they can turn it on here and knock of EP for us, NB by 13 pts... BHN v SM, we need to win and win well, BHN play ok at home so will be tough and will be happy with the win, SM by 42 pts... Chaddy v RC, would love an upset here but no chance really, Rich by 100+... Mann v Swinny, tipping an upset here, manningham by 2 pts... SFX v PC, big trip for PC and with thier season over might struggle to get there best team up against the ladder leaders, SFX by 67 pts... Reserves: EP by 32, SM, rich by 100+, Mann by 11, SFX by 80.

Not much to report from chadstone. I see Point Cook copped a couple of pastings from SFX. SM still on a roll, but have their biggest challenge this coming Saturday.

Massive night at the RC Ball last night celebrating 25 years. Congrats to Ready for being awarded life membership. Many of the contributors on here will know the big man.

Also heard a rumor Swinburnes Captain Hyman is out for the year with a broken hand... Tough loss.

I have to say waz, impressed with your umpiring yesterday, I know it is tough to do it on your own but you were at least fair, unlike the flog from a certain club a couple of weeks ago.

Of course I'm only saying this because I got a few free kicks...

You have some good blokes at RCFC. Hope you guys go all the way, SFX willbe tough to beat though.

Cheers Daicos. Chadstone has definately improved in the second half of the season. How come #43 in the reserves doesnt play seniors? Quality reserves player.

Whispers has just started to become a touch firm at the prospect of this years finals series.

I can honestly say that the title is up for grabs. My many years of watching VAFA footy in September, only, reinforces how even the top four + South Mornington (possibly) are to holding up silverware. I can, and will conceed that SFX are without question the deserving favourites but with the switch to neutral grounds and coaches implementing tactics to slow down the opposition at any cost I am predicting an upset.

Please see my write up on the top four (most likely) teams that will take battle and players to watch adn bogey sides:

1. St. Fracis Xavier:
Team Synopsis:
Have an outstanding spread of mid size players that have terrific ability to run and spread from the contest. Spencer is categorically the best player in the competition and his great mate Dimakopoulos is not far behind with superior endurance and courage. Hard to beat, however, Whispers believes that they can be thrown off this hard running and short kicking style with uncompromising physicallity at the man and the ball.

Player(s) to watch:
Spencer & Dimakopolous.
Must have a match up for the above and both have the ability to send a team off to Mad Monday if not paid the due and diligent attention.

Bogey Opposition:
RCAFC have the height and strength to appliy to blowtorch to their precise short kicking game.

2. Swinburne:
Team Synopsis:
Play in a similar vein to SFX, however, probably lack the dangerous forward as the fore mentioned. Have the ability to break the backs of the opposition with the switch plays and are the best team to score from kick - ins, credit to Pettifer for his accurate left boot. Phil Wild will be licking his lips for another crack at RCAFC, and there are no feelings loss with one particular player, that those involved know what happened.

Player(s) to watch:
Pettifer & Kilmartin

Bogey Opposition:
The students would be hoping that South Mornington miss the top four but otherwise no obvious bogey opposition. Personally, I hope that RCAFC and Swinburne play in the Preliminary Final as would be a game played above the shoulders.

3. Richmond Centrals:
Team Synopsis:
A team blessed with height and strength that has proven that it can match it with SFX and Swinburne in patches of a game. Still bitterly disappointed that they dropped the away game to Eley Park, however, a Semi - final at neutral venue (Vermont?), would mean that the Station Masters will sleep easier. Traeger would have the best 'vice dukes' in D4 and Dan Pike's hardness down back will be crucial come finals.

Player(s) to watch:
"The Spine". Bulk height to manned up accordingly.

Bogey Opposition:
Would be keen to play Swinburne in the Preliminary Final, (please see the Round 10 results). Eley Park are the ones that they will most likely play in the First Semi- Final, and would be a mouth watering contest as the ledger stands at one piece for 2011 season. Please note that several key players were unavailable or injured for the most recent result.

4. Eley Park:
Team Synopsis:
An outrageously even team that makes oppositions analysis tough and borderline redundant. Have a game plan that will suit finals. Inside players and from all reports a coach that manages to extract the best from his 22 on the park. Dave Bennett has been pencilled in for a hard tag by all opposition coaches, however, as mentioned above, are the extremely even.

Player(s) to watch:
Anyone on anyday.

Bogey Opposition:
SFX gave the EP boys a touch up earlier this year but will be quietly hoping that they play RCAFC in the first Semi final.

Whispers Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back