D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are Sth Mornington not afforded the same right to have just a senior team in D4 ???.

Because SM are a district club and the VAFA seem intent of pandering to 'Old Boys'.

Also they probably want to break into the footy market in Melbourne South East (again).

Will be a terrible look for the VAFA if they let SFX in. It would show poor values and a lack of integrity IMO.

Because SM are a district club and the VAFA seem intent of pandering to 'Old Boys'.

Also they probably want to break into the footy market in Melbourne South East (again).

Will be a terrible look for the VAFA if they let SFX in. It would show poor values and a lack of integrity IMO.
Totally agree Ruck Machine, the perception I have as an outsider is that the district sides left in the vafa have no chance of being successful and also it is no coincidence that most struggle to get out of the lower grades of this league.

Surely as a club SFX would want to enter D4 the right way (i.e. with 2 teams). The fact that SFX are even entertaining entering D4 without 2 teams shows that they are a club with zero integrity. Club's without integrity go bust.
Most if if not all of D4 have struggled to field a reserves team at some stage over the last 3-4 seasons but have managed to do the right thing and field teams week in/week out. To allow SFX to play with one team is the equivalent of the VAFA diarrhea shitting in the face of every D4 club.

Has this been confirmed? Surely not, that beggars belief.
So SFX a D3 in 2014 on the eve of a season 2015 put up hands and say it's a bit tough we can't possibly play D3, but would be happy to go and beat up on Club XVIII sides. "Premiers & Champions" and they and the Vafa exec pat each other on the back and say, what a great result for Amateur Football. Then agree to let them play in D 4 with no reserves? Lets wrap our arms around them - not for me Clubbies 1 where they should have been last year unless can get two sides together. As mentioned above, nearly all D3-D4 clubs go through tough times, but gee doesn't that make the good times - GREAT! In fact from my limited experience playing, some tough times can really galvanise a club.

Maybe merge them with South mornington so have enough for two teams. Play half home games at each ground and coin toss for the other.
Headquarters may say ridiculous idea, but any more ridiculous than allowing a side to compete in the VAFA proper with only one side. It is my understanding that if in Premier Divisions strongly urged to have 3 sides. But ok in D4 to have only one side. Cmon Scholly - PLS!

Might be worth a look on the
"where do you think the Vafa will be" thread.

Geographically based Divisons being thrown around again.

i wonder if chaddy are still offering money to blokes this year to get them on board

I don't think so mate.
Chaddy struggle to make ends meet.
Don't know where you get your facts from but, I'd check them first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as I'm assuming all clubs will be voting no lets just hope the VAFA respects that and doesn't let them in.
Chaddy are voting to let them in.

We have them 1st round Away and last round at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree Ruck Machine, the perception I have as an outsider is that the district sides left in the vafa have no chance of being successful and also it is no coincidence that most struggle to get out of the lower grades of this league.

Spot on mate.....
Oops, forgot about Beamauris, Fitzroy, Hampton Rovers, Parkdale, Oakleigh, AJAX, Kew.....

It was 5-2 with two clubs yet to respond from what i was told

The 2 clubs that voted 'Yes' should be ashamed of themselves (Chaddy and Westbourne?). Even if the vote finishes at 7-2 the VAFA will approve entry for SFX. D4 needed a 9-0 vote to be any chance of preventing the administrators from crapping on the division.

The 2 clubs that voted 'Yes' should be ashamed of themselves (Chaddy and Westbourne?). Even if the vote finishes at 7-2 the VAFA will approve entry for SFX. D4 needed a 9-0 vote to be any chance of preventing the administrators from crapping on the division.

While I agree its not a adequate solution, would clubs prefer to have a bye than only play their seniors?
I actually quite like the suggestion by a poster of either SFX or Mornington playing in seniors and the other club playing in the reserves. I would like to hear the thoughts on this.

Surely the VAFA, who pride themselves on inclusion and player participation, will not make a decision that will force 22 players to sit out each week just so 22 others can get a game when they could play in another grade (Clubbies)?

I agree with earlier comments regarding long term D4 clubs all doing it tough over the years and still managing to get two teams up each week. I have been involved at such a Club where we struggled to field 14 players in the 2's and then had a couple double up in the one's!

Chaddy have done it for years!

If SFX had any integrity at all, they'd be telling the VAFA that they'd like to be promoted to Div 1 of Clubbies and look at re-entering D4 next season with two teams like everyone else especially after going 13-0 last year with a percentage of 360+ in div 2 of Clubbies! Must also speak volumes of the Club if they can't attract players after that sort of season!!

Anything else would be making a mockery of D4.

Last edited:
While I agree its not a adequate solution, would clubs prefer to have a bye than only play their seniors?
I actually quite like the suggestion by a poster of either SFX or Mornington playing in seniors and the other club playing in the reserves. I would like to hear the thoughts on this.
This wouldn't work as it would effectively be handing one of them the Reserve Grade premiership and giving the other a free hit (or an unfair advantage) at a Senior Premiership.

The bye, whilst not ideal, would at least give all 9 clubs in D4 a level playing field to perform on!

The VAFA needs to admit its mistake and reshuffle the divisions before its too late. Promote a side from d3 to d2, and demote one to d4. 3x10 division teams is perfect. Beyond that, 3 clubs in 2 years have now abandoned Seniors for club XVIII football. That is an ominous trend for the league, and for local footy in general. Footy clubs are fragile entities, and by extrapolation, so is the league itself.

So based on this SFX are an "old boys" club? They actually have no link to the School at all they are a long way from even being on talking terms! this is the main reason that they are struggling zero feeder.

Maybe the "old boys" clubs are just better run, more financial and have better links to jobs etc.? There are a few district clubs that have gone ahead and up the div's. They all have a common thread, a good structure off field!

So based on this SFX are an "old boys" club? They actually have no link to the School at all they are a long way from even being on talking terms! this is the main reason that they are struggling zero feeder.

Maybe the "old boys" clubs are just better run, more financial and have better links to jobs etc.? There are a few district clubs that have gone ahead and up the div's. They all have a common thread, a good structure off field!

You are absolutely right mate, district clubs only have one disadvantage to school clubs - and that's the feeder school. But, good district clubs have got around that and set up great junior programs.
You just have to look at Richmond Centrals - they were once regarded as the worst football club in Australia but now look at them. They seem well run, with good support, strong numbers and are now in D2 - which would have seemed impossible 10 years ago.
Don't think just because you are an 'old school boy' club that it automatically guarantees you success up the grades. I know for a fact that some of the bigger schools don't give two sh$ts about their old boy teams and give them nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back