D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i have disagreed every time it is raised, i have finally come around.

Chadstone need to be a club 18 team - or become financial and play in the Southern league where they can at least buys some talent to be a competitive club. It is absolutely pointless to have them in a comp where all they provide is a percentage booster for each team that plays them.

At some point the club needs to accept that they are truly a social team and not a team that belongs in a competition where promotion up the grades is the ambition.

There - i've said it.

As much as i have disagreed every time it is raised, i have finally come around.

Chadstone need to be a club 18 team - or become financial and play in the Southern league where they can at least buys some talent to be a competitive club. It is absolutely pointless to have them in a comp where all they provide is a percentage booster for each team that plays them.

At some point the club needs to accept that they are truly a social team and not a team that belongs in a competition where promotion up the grades is the ambition.

There - i've said it.

Sets a dangerous precedent when you remove a club from the lowest grade for losing games of football. What happens next year when you have another team that is getting belted? Do you also kick them out?

Remember, all players play for the love of the game.

If they continue to turn up week in week out, pay their affiliation fees and cause no trouble to other clubs. Let them be.

There - i've said it.

Our Reserves gave Masala a spanking if that means anything.

The question needs to be asked why are Chadstone playing players who are clearly best 22 in the seconds????

That shit right there is recipe for disaster.

Sets a dangerous precedent when you remove a club from the lowest grade for losing games of football. What happens next year when you have another team that is getting belted? Do you also kick them out?

Remember, all players play for the love of the game.

If they continue to turn up week in week out, pay their affiliation fees and cause no trouble to other clubs. Let them be.
GatorBoy - that has always been my rationale against my (now) argument. But, just paying affiliation fees and wanting to play is not enough. The Amateur System and Aims of Premier to D4 are one of promotion and relegation, and all clubs should be striving to be a part of this process.

Getting absolute thrashings week in week out for YEARS ON END is not healthy for the division or the club.

As i said, i have been on your side for years on this, but enough is enough. Manningham will now reset their season and %, as will the team after that . . .

If all the players there truly love the club then surely the possibility of fielding one side and being competitive, even playing finals, in clubbies would entice more effort. If Schwabby couldn't develop the culture to where they were at minimum a four win team, then it is going to be difficult for most.

GatorBoy - that has always been my rationale against my (now) argument. But, just paying affiliation fees and wanting to play is not enough. The Amateur System and Aims of Premier to D4 are one of promotion and relegation, and all clubs should be striving to be a part of this process.

Getting absolute thrashings week in week out for YEARS ON END is not healthy for the division or the club.

As i said, i have been on your side for years on this, but enough is enough. Manningham will now reset their season and %, as will the team after that . . .

If all the players there truly love the club then surely the possibility of fielding one side and being competitive, even playing finals, in clubbies would entice more effort. If Schwabby couldn't develop the culture to where they were at minimum a four win team, then it is going to be difficult for most.
Schwabby left at the end of last year (willingly) to concentrate on his school team.
Bomberbaird is right about rewarding guys that train but, there's some guys without buy in at the moment. Guys are returning this weekend after what they saw. Let's hope we can fix it.
We've tried the SFL and came back.
Players are what we need and buy-in.
We are certainly capable. With buy-in, we would beat a few sides, I'm telling you

Schwabby left at the end of last year (willingly) to concentrate on his school team.
Bomberbaird is right about rewarding guys that train but, there's some guys without buy in at the moment. Guys are returning this weekend after what they saw. Let's hope we can fix it.
We've tried the SFL and came back.
Players are what we need and buy-in.
We are certainly capable. With buy-in, we would beat a few sides, I'm telling you
Completely agree, but it's not like this is a new solution. This has been the message for years and years.

How long does not only the league,but the club itself tolerate (past five seasons) an average percentage of 30.2 with only two wins in the whole time?

The committee, the players and the sponsors and the supporters need some form of victory vindication for the effort that goes into running a club and perhaps a club 18 team is the answer.

I'm sure that "player buy in" has been spoken about to death over the years, just as "recruiting some guns". History says this will not happen, which means that Chadstone either accept that things won't change OR they actually swallow some pride and take a logical look at what is best for the club.

If that means the status quo - then fine, but maybe there is a better solution.

Its a hard one, when you look at it we have great facilities, a pretty good track and new lights that have just gone up. Its a bloody great club to be around. There are a lot of young blokes on our list too. I think its on the way up in my opinion. If we can keep a hold of some of the blokes that played in our 2's Saturday and get them down to training we will be better off.

Just a curious question, when was the last time chadstone was considered good or competitive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What next? We offload the player on our list that doesnt get a kick for a few weeks. The bloke who isnt as developed as some as a footballer but fronts up to training every session with a smile on his dial and has a dip with the reward of being good enough to trouble the stats book on a saturday. Sometimes life isnt about winning or losing. Or being better than the next "thing".
Most of the time its about being part of something for the love of it.
Chadstone dont have to be what other clubs determine to be "competitive" enough.
They are in D4. If you dont like it, get your club to D3.
Chadstone are winning as soon as they put 2 sides on the park. As soon as they get 15 blokes hang around after each home game to buy a few tins. Im sure after so many years down the bottom, the guys running the joint would look at more than just a win loss record to determine a good year for their club.

Snack time.

What next? We offload the player on our list that doesnt get a kick for a few weeks. The bloke who isnt as developed as some as a footballer but fronts up to training every session with a smile on his dial and has a dip with the reward of being good enough to trouble the stats book on a saturday. Sometimes life isnt about winning or losing. Or being better than the next "thing".
Most of the time its about being part of something for the love of it.
Chadstone dont have to be what other clubs determine to be "competitive" enough.
They are in D4. If you dont like it, get your club to D3.
Chadstone are winning as soon as they put 2 sides on the park. As soon as they get 15 blokes hang around after each home game to buy a few tins. Im sure after so many years down the bottom, the guys running the joint would look at more than just a win loss record to determine a good year for their club.

Snack time.
Sorry is this the U9's where we don't keep score and play for fun?

It is still a senior football competition. It doesn't mater if its Premier or D4.

P
Sorry is this the U9's where we don't keep score and play for fun?

It is still a senior football competition. It doesn't mater if its Premier or D4.
Push on Peptide. They're not hurting anyone. As stated already, people who don't like it should aim for a higher grade than D4

Who said anything about keeping score.
I am sure they are trying their best.
They are in the bottom division.
Where they should be at the moment.
My point was, if a team sees them as a burden, that team needs to improve to a point where they get to a division where the gap between 5th and last isnt as big.

Shouldnt we be hoping they gain and keep more players to build on and hopefully this draws more friends to the club and a stronger environment one day.
Your idea of Clubbies sends them to a comp that gets to kick the dew off the deck at junior football hours of the day at times and would mean they would be cutting half their list.

Every comp has sides that battle along at the bottom.
We all start somewhere mate.
Good on them.

P

Push on Peptide. They're not hurting anyone. As stated already, people who don't like it should aim for a higher grade than D4
Correct.

As long as Chaddy field two sides, then you get the privilege of a game.

As stated, if it's that horrific for you, get up the grades. But if you have a squiz at most grades, there's a whipping boy. It's just depends on how far your club drops.

If Chaddy are not allowed to be competitive in the Lowest grade of two team competition, then where can they go?

Let them have a crack. They deserve it the same as any of the perennial div 4 sides.

This is a tough one, and a discussion worth having. I tend to lean towards the side of if they are fielding 2 teams each week then let them play. With a 9 team comp eaveyone has the same benefit of playing them twice, which has not always been the case. I think a lot of other clubs could do with a serving of Chadstone grit, St Francis Xavier and Monash Gryphons/Glen Eira.

The great thing with D4 is with the addition of 3-4 good players a side can go from hopeless to competitive, maybe not pushing for finals but at least winning a few games. Agreed it has been a long time coming, and it may not happen, but surely they should be supported not derided.

Most Football leagues throughout the country all have teams that for a long period of time have been uncompetitive.The club I am involved in The Goulburn Valley League were wouful 4 years ago and won the premiership last season and it wasn't won by spending ridiculous amounts of money.For all we know Chadstone might be in D2 in 10 years time as things always turn around if you stick at it.Chadstone plight is character building,not only for the players but for everyone involved in the club and good clubs are built on strong character.Living in rural Victoria,there is nothing sadder in sport to see clubs with long and proud histories disappear without a trace. For some people their sporting clubs are their lives and to give up when things are tough can have far reaching ramifications.
I hope Chadstone stick around and things turn around for them.It can just take one person to come to the club with access to a handful of players and suddenly things start to turn around.
I respect the players who turn up every week knowing they are going to get a hiding and I hope they are rewarded for their efforts in the near future

Most Football leagues throughout the country all have teams that for a long period of time have been uncompetitive.The club I am involved in The Goulburn Valley League were wouful 4 years ago and won the premiership last season and it wasn't won by spending ridiculous amounts of money.For all we know Chadstone might be in D2 in 10 years time as things always turn around if you stick at it.Chadstone plight is character building,not only for the players but for everyone involved in the club and good clubs are built on strong character.Living in rural Victoria,there is nothing sadder in sport to see clubs with long and proud histories disappear without a trace. For some people their sporting clubs are their lives and to give up when things are tough can have far reaching ramifications.
I hope Chadstone stick around and things turn around for them.It can just take one person to come to the club with access to a handful of players and suddenly things start to turn around.
I respect the players who turn up every week knowing they are going to get a hiding and I hope they are rewarded for their efforts in the near future

Benalla boy?

I played in Benalla at the All Blacks from 2003-2005 and we were horrible. At times we didn't field a reserves side. The club is very competitive now. As said it only takes a few blokes to bring a couple of mates with them and you have a better side, that might happen next year or the year after. We always field two teams, as said we even won on Sat in the 2's

Benalla boy?

I played in Benalla at the All Blacks from 2003-2005 and we were horrible. At times we didn't field a reserves side. The club is very competitive now. As said it only takes a few blokes to bring a couple of mates with them and you have a better side, that might happen next year or the year after. We always field two teams, as said we even won on Sat in the 2's
Understatement, managed to make us play our worst footy of the year.

Yes a Benall boy mate and The All Blacks are turning things around through playing kids which is great to see.
As you well know they were terrible but they have stuck at it and will be pushing for finals in the next couple of years
I really hope Chadstone stick at it and things turn around for them too

This is a tough one, and a discussion worth having. I tend to lean towards the side of if they are fielding 2 teams each week then let them play. With a 9 team comp eaveyone has the same benefit of playing them twice, which has not always been the case. I think a lot of other clubs could do with a serving of Chadstone grit, St Francis Xavier and Monash Gryphons/Glen Eira.

The great thing with D4 is with the addition of 3-4 good players a side can go from hopeless to competitive, maybe not pushing for finals but at least winning a few games. Agreed it has been a long time coming, and it may not happen, but surely they should be supported not derided.
I'm not actually deriding. I'm looking and questioning whether it is better to have the opportunity to be more successful in a Club 18 comp rather than D4.

It may actually strengthen the club as with 24 spots available each week, it means that the guys who don't put in and don't care, just don't get a game. If there are more than 25 committed players at the club then i'll go he.

How many players are getting a game without putting in? How many ring ins just to fields a two's team?

Surely the '20'? players who are committed would love a win or to go close most weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back