D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of big wins on the weekend PC winning away from home putting them away in the last qtr by the looks of it big surprise. Tips for rnd 2????

Point Cook have snuck under the radar a touch. They will be there deep into finals.
Have plenty of experience there now and added some good youth apparently.
What you lose at CHF and the ruck occassionally with Julian, you gain in a more even spread with others stepping up.
They will be better than last year Id reckon.

The fella for Manningham is ok Ive heard.
Could possibly play this week.
I wouldnt risk it, but Im 85

Point Cook have snuck under the radar a touch. They will be there deep into finals.
Have plenty of experience there now and added some good youth apparently.
What you lose at CHF and the ruck occassionally with Julian, you gain in a more even spread with others stepping up.
They will be better than last year Id reckon.

The fella for Manningham is ok Ive heard.
Could possibly play this week.
I wouldnt risk it, but Im 85

15 all..

Just noticed the ladders in the record have the top 6 sides highlighted which would suggest a final 6 this year.

Surely we wouldn't have a final 6 in a 9 team comp would we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some ripper games of footy this weekend.
Will learn a bit from all of them.
Chadstone Masala even shapes as a good contest.
Was Manningham beating Nth Brunny a one off, was Nth Brunny over rated in preseason predictions. Are Mt Lilydale the real deal.
Box Hill will be fired up after losing at home and then having to sit a week out with the bye.
Can the sharks bounce back after coughing up a lead last week.
Looking forward to ignoring the Mrs on saturday night spending 5 hrs browsing sportingpulse, from our league to every other one across the state.
Snack time.

I know WB has been on absolute fire, but lets not forget one simple fact
in 2013 Hawthorn dominated this competition, they ended up losing to 6th in the first final and then Eley Park (another team who was on fire that year) also lost
2014 Hawthorn went undefeated and dismantled everyone and couldnt get it done on the last day even though nobody looked like getting close to them
Last year one could argue WB should have won, or atleast made the final, but a gutsy parkside snuck in before then and WB effectively choked

We can talk about how dominant a team in D4 is all we like, but the fact is, past history has shown that finals are another animal all together

I know WB has been on absolute fire, but lets not forget one simple fact
in 2013 Hawthorn dominated this competition, they ended up losing to 6th in the first final and then Eley Park (another team who was on fire that year) also lost
2014 Hawthorn went undefeated and dismantled everyone and couldnt get it done on the last day even though nobody looked like getting close to them
Last year one could argue WB should have won, or atleast made the final, but a gutsy parkside snuck in before then and WB effectively choked

We can talk about how dominant a team in D4 is all we like, but the fact is, past history has shown that finals are another animal all together

Home and hosed

Most bizarre Saturday arvo I've seen in amateur football. A reserves umpire snapping at the end of the game by laying punches into his own clubs players. Hopefully his club has banned him for life and kicked him out

Most bizarre Saturday arvo I've seen in amateur football. A reserves umpire snapping at the end of the game by laying punches into his own clubs players. Hopefully his club has banned him for life and kicked him out
What??? Which game and club??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back