D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Strewth BART'S HERE NOW,your comments about SPY1,"MOBILE BLOCK OF FLATS","PLONKING HIS PAYLOAD","TAD ARD","OLD BUGGER",as you obviously know who SPY1 is,I would keep my doors locked if I were you,he's a big unit you know,if he decided to "come through the pack with his elbow up" aiming at you,you might starve on the way back if he made contact,might do some damage,then again as you say he is "NEARLY 50"so you would probably be able to duck,but hang on,you played with him so you must be "NEARLY 50"also,so it would probably be a fair contest.
By the by if you reckon you could do a better job on the field in Japan,than this "OLD BUGGER",the trips on in October,come over I'm sure he could have a word to the ump and have you looked after.:D
Do I detect a slight New Zealand accent BART'S HERE NOW.???????

Do I detect a slight New Zealand accent BART'S HERE NOW.???????

Nah Mate,
I did have a bit of Queenslander in me once, that serves me right for fallen asleep on the beach at Kirra.

If anyone is interested in something a little different, check out the thread "VAFA Sponsors night"! Some interesting stuff and perhaps some truths about how clubs are getting screwed financially by the VAFA, or so it seems!

This is right crack up this forum. Only just been put in the loop. Spent all day casting me peepers on all the posts.

I am familiar with this mobile block of flats that coaches the Box Hill team. I have not seen the video but have heard his explanation.

He reckons he was completely clagged after rumbling around in the ruck for 20 mins and was headin to the bench. He was only 5 steps from plonking his payload on the pine when he noticed they were calling for last orders on the steak sangers. He reckons he was just raisin his arm to indicate he would have five, when this mug expat aussie got in his way. Says he diden even see the bludger. He's spewin bout it stil though. Reckons it meant there were only 4 steak sangers when he got to the BBQ hut. Sounds like a reasonable excuse to me, specially if ya know the bloke.

I plyed with and against this bloke up in the bush. In those days he was a tad 'ard' as they say, but he and most blokes always had a coldie with you after and ya had to nearly take an ax out on the field to get any weeks from the old doddlers up at the Wang RSL where they set up the tribunal.

The silly old buggers nearly fifty now, what the flying fruit fly he was doing wandering round on a footy field in Japan, gord only knows.

Keep up the fun chatter blokes, but don't take it or ya selves too serious like eh.
Acording to website Spy Amstrong looks to be Box Hill coach? and correctly spotted by previous poster Irvine won B&F.
Any truth to the word that hierarchy looking at a season to be reduced by minimum 4 rounds for lower grades (D1 and below) at this time with a worse outlook possible if no rain?

Did anyone else go out and dance in the rain last night. Or am i the only one getting all emotional about the drought affecting our footy season.

Anyway here's a bit of gossip for you. I heard that a particular club is sending down some key players to Wilsons Prom this weekend to do a commando style training weekend.

Any other clubs using any kinds of different / out of the ordinary training techniques so far this pre season due to the majority of us not being able to get a footy out on the oval.

Han solo, Luke Skywalker and I did a bit of jedi night training on the planet of Tatooine. And i know that Yoda has been running altenative styled fitness camps throughout the degabar system.

Canberra got over a foot of rain last night, if we could just get one downpour like that we would be set.

I dont see what putting the season back a few weeks will do, it either rains or it doesnt.

I wonder if there will be any sign of injury waivers if the season goes ahead to stop the councils getting sued for injuries??

Canberra got over a foot of rain last night, if we could just get one downpour like that we would be set.

I dont see what putting the season back a few weeks will do, it either rains or it doesnt.

I wonder if there will be any sign of injury waivers if the season goes ahead to stop the councils getting sued for injuries??

90% of grounds completely stuffed.
One downpour will not fix the problem. Grounds will turn to mud, then imagine the uproar from the cricketers come summer this year.......

90% of grounds completely stuffed.
One downpour will not fix the problem. Grounds will turn to mud, then imagine the uproar from the cricketers come summer this year.......

Well some decent rain followed by some sun would definitely at least encourage grass growth, and we could maybe at least have a season.

I would take one downfall over nothing, which is what we have got.

Our ground is not that bad, I guess everyone finally knows what we go through every year losing our ground for at least 4 months (7 last year) its a bit harder but the grass cover is as good/bad as every year.

Did anyone else go out and dance in the rain last night. Or am i the only one getting all emotional about the drought affecting our footy season.

Anyway here's a bit of gossip for you. I heard that a particular club is sending down some key players to Wilsons Prom this weekend to do a commando style training weekend.

Any other clubs using any kinds of different / out of the ordinary training techniques so far this pre season due to the majority of us not being able to get a footy out on the oval.

Han solo, Luke Skywalker and I did a bit of jedi night training on the planet of Tatooine. And i know that Yoda has been running altenative styled fitness camps throughout the degabar system.

didn't get any rain in the Hawthorn area yet this week :(

Ranga can play. Big left hoof, can kick a goal & no squib. Also loves training (maybe not) & long lunches.

Good bloke around a club...

Was he a ones or a two's player? So he's ya nuggety upforward goal sneak or is he your running onballer when fit? We are in talks to seek him at the moment! And Why Ranga?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it's not huge money or massive just fuel money.... Was he a leader round the club! Havent established whether he was ones or twos yet.....

Well the SFL has confirmed it will start when scheduled, 14th April althought they may have a couple of venue changes.

I guess with under 30 teams its a little easier to organise than Ammos, anyone know when a decision on our season will be finalised. Hard to get info out of our VAFA member.

Agreed.

I think South Mornington and Mt Lilydale will be competitive but probably lack the firepower to make a massive impression.

That said, it all sounds good in that they have come from junior ranks with hopefully the future a rosy outlook. Good luck to both teams.

Get on the Goodwin, Ward and Hale trifecta.
St Marys, Box Hill North and Eltham.
Any form line through last season?

Mt Lilydale will be good, got a lot of old faces back at the club. Eltham also be very good side with big influx of ivanhoe guys inc co coach who's a gun. St Marys have some very hand young recruits, all reports will be fitter than ever this year and still have majority of better tier players.

Tipping final 5 of;
Eltham
St Marys
Albert Park
Mt Lilydale
Bulleen

Box Hill to be close as well.

Thoughts?

Mt Lilydale will be good, got a lot of old faces back at the club. Eltham also be very good side with big influx of ivanhoe guys inc co coach who's a gun. St Marys have some very hand young recruits, all reports will be fitter than ever this year and still have majority of better tier players.

Tipping final 5 of;
Eltham
St Marys
Albert Park
Mt Lilydale
Bulleen

Box Hill to be close as well.

Thoughts?

I haven't heard squat about albert park... how come everyone is so high on them?

I haven't heard squat about albert park... how come everyone is so high on them?

Albert Park finished the season off very strongly last season and have some quality players, particularly in the mid-field. Along with BHN and Bulleen they were in a fight for 4th spot, until BHN secured it in the last round by fixing up eventual premiers Powerhouse.
Plenty of speculation at this time of year, who has recruited well, who has lost players.....

i predict the turtles will get off to a good start this year. everyone from the turtles will get on talking themselves up and then die in the ass come finals time

i predict the turtles will get off to a good start this year. everyone from the turtles will get on talking themselves up and then die in the ass come finals time

Nasty....

Is this the 07 version of arvosjunior??? Actually arvosjunior claimed to be from Eltham and you aren't doing that.
Without wanting to dwell too much on the events of last year, I think you may recall that the posts on the forum last year talking up Eltham and slagging off the opposition weren't actually from Eltham people.
but yes, we did go out in straight sets last year.......

We finished last year off pretty well (Albert Park) and had a heap of new blokes last year which took a little while to gel, no massive predictions we are just looking to start the year a lot better than last year.

Also was talking to a VAFA board member on Sat at teh races and he confirmed the season is going ahead on the 14th no matter what happens, still no praccy games but at least we have a season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back