D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

getting back on to predictions for the season ahead. I don't think you can go past eltham and albert park if the recruiting i'm hearing out of there is correct it'll will be those two then daylight

guru out!
Eltham, Albert Park, St Marys, daylight; rest plan ahead for next season's survival.

I can assure you anything you have heard about recruitment at Albert Park will be way off, we have a couple of new blokes but mostly just the same guys as last year.

Eltham will be early runners without a doubt, maybe learnt a few things about finals footy the last couple and have a good year.

Box Hill will be decent and obviously the 4 new unknown teams.

Not sure about that one. I've heard the Falcons have picked up a few guys from Old Camberwell - should do okay in D4!

I don't think Fabian from accounts can be construed as God of War unless he worked at AWB.

VL30J

joey-thor.png

Fabian... from accounts.

Could This Be Callitasitiz?!?!
On second thought,the picture is in black and white,so it may be Spy1!!!

Not sure about that one. I've heard the Falcons have picked up a few guys from Old Camberwell - should do okay in D4!

I am, those boys trained once before Christmas and I am pretty sure they are going back to old camberwell, would of done a lot better than ok but gone unfortunetly!

I am, those boys trained once before Christmas and I am pretty sure they are going back to old camberwell, would of done a lot better than ok but gone unfortunetly!

Yes Falcon, that is a common happening at this level. A gun recruit may often appear for a week or two then desceetly slip back to his old club. Facilities are often the object that scares them off, and knowing the difficulties your club has regarding the GP, it must be hard to attract and keep new players.
Having said that; I feel you had the cattle last year. Injuries to key players at the wrong times definately skittled your season. Add to that the slow start to the 06 season (probably due in part to the aforementioned ground problems) and you were always coming into the wind.
Still this season there are now a lot of teams who are struggling to get on a footy ground to train. Maybe the playing field has been leveled a little your way.
I believe AP will make the five. Injuries could once again hurt as they don't quite have the depth of 4or 5 years ago, but at worst I see AP in the five.

:thumbsu:

Yeah I think you are pretty on the mark spy, pretty hard to compete with the facilities of a C grade club especially having no where to train.

Like you said we will be there abouts if we can keep most of the boys on the park, Gerard Collins is fit and injury free and we only got probably a game and a half out of him last year, massive inclusion for us.

Yes Falcon, that is a common happening at this level. A gun recruit may often appear for a week or two then desceetly slip back to his old club. Facilities are often the object that scares them off, and knowing the difficulties your club has regarding the GP, it must be hard to attract and keep new players.
Having said that; I feel you had the cattle last year. Injuries to key players at the wrong times definately skittled your season. Add to that the slow start to the 06 season (probably due in part to the aforementioned ground problems) and you were always coming into the wind.
Still this season there are now a lot of teams who are struggling to get on a footy ground to train. Maybe the playing field has been leveled a little your way.
I believe AP will make the five. Injuries could once again hurt as they don't quite have the depth of 4or 5 years ago, but at worst I see AP in the five.

:thumbsu:

Are Box Hill, Eltham, St Marys and Bulleen training on nice grounds? If so, AP are not exactly in the box seat....

Are Box Hill, Eltham, St Marys and Bulleen training on nice grounds? If so, AP are not exactly in the box seat....

We go through it every year though, not making excuses just saying we are used to not having our ground until about the 4th or 5th week of the season, it was the 10th game last year because of the Com Games.

Nobody from the actual club has said anything about us being in the box seat, to many unknowns for predictions this season!

We go through it every year though, not making excuses just saying we are used to not having our ground until about the 4th or 5th week of the season, it was the 10th game last year because of the Com Games.

Nobody from the actual club has said anything about us being in the box seat, to many unknowns for predictions this season!

Its funny that the committee dont consider moving to a ground that can accommodate you for the entire season...the grand prix isn't going anywhere for the next few years, so why play there?

Its funny that the committee dont consider moving to a ground that can accommodate you for the entire season...the grand prix isn't going anywhere for the next few years, so why play there?

We have tried but there really isnt many spare footy grounds ready to go in the area, there is a spare ground in Elwood but no clubhouse and I guess like most lower grade clubs have not got the finances to build one, which in turn takes away the little revenue we do get.

Plus once we do get back on the club rooms and facilities are pretty good.

We have tried but there really isnt many spare footy grounds ready to go in the area, there is a spare ground in Elwood but no clubhouse and I guess like most lower grade clubs have not got the finances to build one, which in turn takes away the little revenue we do get.

Plus once we do get back on the club rooms and facilities are pretty good.
:mad:One would think that with all the 100 of thousands of $ that the government spends on the GP that they could put an underpass under the train line near these grounds as alternative access,or forgo one ground and make another access point,or is that expecting too much?,too much spent on an elite "sport" that supposedly"showcases Melbourne"whilst grass roots sport that has people actually participating is left for dead.With all the current talk on obescity,wonder how they can justify that???:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:mad:One would think that with all the 100 of thousands of $ that the government spends on the GP that they could put an underpass under the train line near these grounds as alternative access,or forgo one ground and make another access point,or is that expecting too much?,too much spent on an elite "sport" that supposedly"showcases Melbourne"whilst grass roots sport that has people actually participating is left for dead.With all the current talk on obescity,wonder how they can justify that???:(

C where ya coming from Nellup (brain dead); let's just throw in a
grandstand, motel and the kitchen sink while we're at it.:confused:

C where ya coming from Nellup (brain dead); let's just throw in a
grandstand, motel and the kitchen sink while we're at it.:confused:

Gee, some venom there.:mad:
Nelly; might have someone here who may have recieved the odd card from you. And I don't mean xmas card.

It is a credit to the people of Albert Park FC to still be around and competitive. We have felt the same pressures at South Melbourne Districts over the years and I must say while it is extremely difficult on the playing group spare a thought for the presidents and commitees who while trying to do their best for the club keep banging their head against the brick walls of the GP corp and Parks Victoria. It is a miracle anyone is left at these clubs to even unlock the clubrooms.

Public opinion in the area is that not only does the GP interupt sporting clubs but also commercial business'. There are rumblings that the GP's days at Albert Park are numbered, hopefully this is the last year.

Rumoured that South Morningtom have picked up Tim Allen ex Mornington Premiership Player. Will add experience to line up if true.

It is a credit to the people of Albert Park FC to still be around and competitive. We have felt the same pressures at South Melbourne Districts over the years and I must say while it is extremely difficult on the playing group spare a thought for the presidents and commitees who while trying to do their best for the club keep banging their head against the brick walls of the GP corp and Parks Victoria. It is a miracle anyone is left at these clubs to even unlock the clubrooms.

Public opinion in the area is that not only does the GP interupt sporting clubs but also commercial business'. There are rumblings that the GP's days at Albert Park are numbered, hopefully this is the last year.

Definitely agree, our prez and commitees work so hard for the players at our club no matter how frustrating it gets, cant see it being the last year for the grand prix even though any other business that gets subsidised millions of dollars by the government every year and still loses money would of gone a long time ago.

Dont get me wrong love the grand prix, just tough going through this every year.

SFL just postponend season by 2 weeks, starting 28th and having no weekends (queens bday included) off.

Im sure St Mary's recruiting can't go unnoticed, return of Jedda, and that young on baller thats getting paid $800.00 a game that came 3rd in A grade league b&f from Marcilen surely the best pcik up in D4???

rumour has it they have also picked up St Kevins XVIII captain from 2006,

:cool:Politicians an callitasitiz are like nappies,they should be changed regularly, and for the same reason.:p
Ripper nellup. The giant has awakened. Sweet dreams.
Best leave the light on.......those pollies really are honest people.

Season must be close...JP is back from summer of hibernation...gooday all...this should be a huge SEASON...forget all that rubbish about water restrictions, grass or no grass, all them Aboriginal players play bare feet in the dirt...and they seem to be super stars...I reckon we should start the banter about who's going to beat who and who's going to dominate where... Good luck to all and should be a fantastic season ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back