D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Word on the street is that Syndal is in all sorts of strife for season 2007. Thier coach was dumped at end of 2006 season and then took on the role of president late last year. 2 weeks ago he was given the flick from that during a board meeting and most of the board followed suit and walked. On field they have lost Robbinson (easily their best player) their captian, vice captian and at least half a dozen more senior players. Word is they are looking to put a request to the vafa to move to club 18.

What's your source Mr Posession? Which street were you on when you heard this vicious rumour?:confused:

Is this rumour rock solid or are you all writing Syndal's obituaries a bit prematurely?

Nonetheless found last year their senior coach was a ****er and they had some real idiots in their reserves. Especially one who gave a running commentary of threats -- if you touch me I'm gonna kill you, come near me you're dead, I'll kill you if you do that again etc. -- wasn't impressed to be told he issued more warnings than the weather bureau :D

No problem with their umpire though. If you've seen the Hawthorn one you've seen it all...

Let me introduce myself, I am Manny DeBono Senior Coach of Syndal. Reading with interest some of the talk on this forum. Let me clear the air,
  • Syndal like a number of clubs are struggling due to have now where to train at the moment due to drought, small paddocks is not everyone's cup of tea.
  • Yes we have had our issues off field, but we are now trying to rebuild, rather than walking away and shutting the doors.
  • We have had probably in excess of 45 different faces at training
  • Yes we have lost some good players to other Ammo clubs - mainly higher division
  • I am not aware of what went on in the past but can tell you Syndal will play a good hard, but fair brand of football, just like all the other teams.
  • This club is run by volunteers just like yours and they do not deserve some of the crap being written - players come and go but these people remain regardless, again just like the people that run your respective clubs.
I will always be available to answer any rumors or questions about Syndal

I have put my name to this, maybe others should also have the courage to do the same.

Manny DeBono

Again with the ump bashing?

Young or just new umps start,because they are young or new they make a few mistakes,they get abused,they leave.

New umps recruited,and the cycle continues,and you are left with the so called "hacks" as refered to above,these "hacks" are generally very experienced umps,who call it as they see it,and don't just see a mark or free kick from one perspective.

Most umpire observers,[yes umps are observed on average every second week,sometimes more often,] have umps with 3 mistakes a game,how many players if they were brutally honest with themselves make less than 3 mistakes a game,and I cannot count the times when a player who spat the dummy throughout a game has admitted that the free he gave away was justified,at the after match ofcourse!

Lets put our cards on the table,VAFA have apppointed a full time umpires director,who has 2 part time assistants,think that might indicate that they are serious don't you,these people bust their arses to improve umpiring and recruit new umps,but if players and officials don't show new umps and all umps respect, recruitment is extremely difficult.

I know,respect has to be earnt not given,but how can anyone get the experience to earn respect if they are not given the fair go they deserve.

Just try it sometime,I have NEVER had anybody try it that hasn't said it wasn't a hard gig and that they have gotten a whole new outlook on the umps after they have umpired 1 quarter.

Come on players,how many times through a game have you kicked yourself for hand balling when you should have kicked,coaches ever made a move that was wrong,give em a go fellas,the more young ones we get to stay,the more so called "hacks" will be able to retire.[but if we did how would you play,ask yourself that?]

I think this is called outing oneself.

Nellup you must be Jeff Geischen I say. Talk about unleash the geish.
You were outed by Spy1 and whatever President in that VIP area of those cinema complexes and now you are sticking up for the umps. You have to be on the stuff those Eagle players are allegedly partaking in. There are some reasonable experienced and younger umps in the higher grades but from what we saw towards the end of last season in some D2 and D4 games we may as well as had Stevie Wonder running around. We all acknowledge there is plenty of rubbish in D4 which is this forum and now that acclaim you are out of the wardrobe you use the players as an example to justify the umpiring fraternity.

Good on ya Manny DeBono.
Well written and not unlike many clubs in the D grade echelon. Most lower grade clubs have the rare one or two that partake in most of the hard slog with those usual others with many ideas and much to say.
Unfortunately, that is where it ends and some clubs fall over as a result.
Hope there other genuine supporters of Manny and Syndal Football Club willing to put in the hard yards in the shorter term and rekindle the flame.
Seems to be a negative with that ressies umpire but from all reports a very well run canteen for the punters.

Let me introduce myself, I am Manny DeBono Senior Coach of Syndal. Reading with interest some of the talk on this forum. Let me clear the air,
  • Syndal like a number of clubs are struggling due to have now where to train at the moment due to drought, small paddocks is not everyone's cup of tea.
  • Yes we have had our issues off field, but we are now trying to rebuild, rather than walking away and shutting the doors.
  • Yes we have lost some good players to other Ammo clubs - mainly higher division
  • I am not aware of what went on in the past but can tell you Syndal will play a good hard, but fair brand of football, just like all the other teams.
  • This club is run by volunteers just like yours and they do not deserve some of the crap being written - players come and go but these people remain regardless, again just like the people that run your respective clubs.

I have put my name to this, maybe others should also have the courage to do the same.

Manny DeBono
:thumbsu:Takes courage to put your name out their Manny,although I think I just did the same!
All power to your arm mate,one step at a time for both you and centrals, and the clubs mr everythings will stand by the club and you both will rebuild and probaly come back stronger for the adversity.:thumbsu:

Nellup you must be Jeff Geischen I say. Talk about unleash the geish.
You were outed by Spy1 and whatever President in that VIP area of those cinema complexes and now you are sticking up for the umps. You have to be on the stuff those Eagle players are allegedly partaking in. There are some reasonable experienced and younger umps in the higher grades but from what we saw towards the end of last season in some D2 and D4 games we may as well as had Stevie Wonder running around. We all acknowledge there is plenty of rubbish in D4 which is this forum and now that acclaim you are out of the wardrobe you use the players as an example to justify the umpiring fraternity.
:cool:Jeeeze I'm tempted to reply but get thee behind me satin:rolleyes:

Eltham
Albert Park
Box Hill North
UHS-VU
Richmond Central
Bulleen Cobras
St Marys
Mt Lilydale
South Mornington
Syndal Tally Ho
Eley Park Sharks
North Brunswick

Manny DeBono

Well done Manny for showing some real G&D in getting the club up and running through the tough times.:thumbsu:

All the best for the upcoming season and looking forward to a beer after the game.

Must be a Centrals player ;)
Or perhaps just someone who likes to pour petrol on the barbie to see the flames get higher.

I was speaking with an ex Centrals player who said he had been down to a couple of training sessions and the difference from last season was significant. And from watching a few of the D4 games last year, it would only take a few sides to lose a couple of players, and a few sides to gain a few, for there to be a fair shift in the ladder. Perhaps even more dramatic than what I have predicted.

;)ARRRHAAA!!!!!,callitasitiz,so I am obviously of the mark ;so,a rethink,spy1,as he has stated "our club",I am now thinking that this may be one of my partners in crime,the possibilities up there are endless,training shortly so I will keep my ears open.

What's this?
I nearly choked on my coffee.
The Great 'Nelly' going to maggott training.:eek:
Has Benny seen the light and granted a reprieve from the drudgery of potty training the toddlers in the U/19s?
Could it be true we may once again hear those dulcet baritone instructions to "Play on" in D4.

I did read on another thread that the VAFA office boy's have taken to browsing the VAFA board. What chance then that 'Caller' could be none other than the 'rug wearer' himself? Our boy Benny.:eek:

On a more important matter; I also say good on you Manny. Wish you luck in your strive to turn around the fortunes at Syndal.
It was only a few months ago we were seeing constant rumours of the Cobras imploding and imminent demise. All went quiet and one can only assume that their heads are down and their bums are up working hard to right the ship and have an enjoyable season.

Clubs like Richmond and Box Hill North are proving it's not dollars that are most valuable to a team and club, but hard working, committed individuals. Sport is about fun. I know from personal experience that you don't have to actually win a flag to gain a feeling of accomplishment. Ask any of the guys from Richmond how they felt about 2006. I'm sure the first things that comes to mind are fighting off a take over bid pre-season and fielding 2 teams, every week, that played with great spirit. Considering they were given the last rights by many, when St Kevins were howling at their door, they now are looking ahead to a ever brighter future. And they can see the fruits of their labors. The rewards for the hard work. And there is the enjoyment. The satisfaction of achieving a goal, even if the first goal is simply survival.
Stay strong in you belief Manny and those around you will follow.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a negative with that ressies umpire but from all reports a very well run canteen for the punters.

Gotta agree, the salad rolls (with beetroot!) at Syndal last year were a big double thumber.

Nellup, give up trying to run and have a bounce when you are unable to, as well as hallucinating over the great fraternity of umpiring.
Back to the real stuff, sensational if Centrals were to go gangbusters this season and add some popularity to the comp as neutral observers, seeing we are all employed with the One Eyed Gazette.
We repeat word round the traps St Marys hot faves with Eltham and Albert Park right on their heels. Not much about for UHS?
See very little in improvement amongst last season's combatants apart from Centrals?

For those that haven't heard :

We are at the stage of the year where councils are endeavouring to prepare the grounds for the season ahead. As cricket is now finishing, work on the grounds was scheduled to commence last week. Unfortunately due to the lack of rain and the high temperatures, councils have had to delay any seeding of the grounds. Once seeded these grounds need 3 – 4 weeks before they are ready for a season of football

Our season is scheduled to begin on April 14 which is four weeks from this Saturday. Consequently, if we don’t receive any rainfall soon, we will be faced with the possibility of a late start to the season. Whilst there is a possibility of the competition commencing on April 14 we will continue to strive for this date.

One council, Glen Eira, has closed their grounds until April 28. This affects six VAFA clubs. Presently we are confident of securing alternative arrangements for these clubs to play their matches on time. However if other councils follow the Glen Eira approach then we will have no alternative but to put back our season and commence on April 28.

It was anticipated that one of the strengths of the competition would be the availability of school grounds but unfortunately many of our clubs who do use their school’s grounds for home matches have been told that they will either have restricted use or in some cases have been told that they cannot use the grounds at all.

If it doesn’t rain for another week and more councils have closed their grounds, then we will commence our season on April 28. If that decision is made then the following will occur.

• We will transfer Round 1 to the week after Round 18.
  • Round 2 would be played on the Queen’s Birthday weekend.
  • Round 1 for A, B, C and U19 1 & 2 would be played on September 1.
  • Round 1 for D1 – D4 & U19 3, N & S would be played on August 25.
  • Club XVIII, due to commence on April 21, would have their Round 1 fixture played on the Queens Birthday weekend and therefore no change to Club XVIII finals. Their season would also commence on April 28.
  • The A – D4 representative match against the SFL has been cancelled.
  • The U19 match against AFL Queensland, scheduled for the Queen’s Birthday weekend, will go ahead as we are just establishing a relationship and want this fixture to continue long term.
  • The Bye weekend in July for A, B, C and U19 1 & 2 still remains thus our representative Football commitments for that weekend remain unchanged.
  • D4 will revert to a final four as we are not able to guarantee finals grounds at that stage of the season.
  • D1 – D4, U19 3, N & S will have their finals brought back a week to commence on the weekend of September 1/2 and concluding on the weekend of September 15/16.
  • A, B, C, U19 1 & 2 finals will commence on the weekend of September 8/9 and conclude on the weekend of September 15/16.
  • A and B Section will revert from a four week finals series to a three week series.

Note: a) The reason why we are shifting Round 1 to the end of the year and not to the Queens Birthday weekend is because you would all play the same team twice in three weeks.
b) We are not able to take the fixture back by two weeks and play the scheduled Round 1 games on April 28 as the fixture is too complex and arrangements have been made with outside agencies regarding ground usage.

We are able to accommodate all A, B, C and Under 19 1 & 2 Finals as they are played at Sportscover Arena and Sandringham and have already been booked. The difficulties may occur on Grand Final weekend for D1 – D4 and U19 3, N & S as the preferred grounds may be required for cricket preparations. We have requested to councils that as our season has been taken back two weeks then cricket should, if necessary, be taken back one week to accommodate our finals.

There will no doubt be variations to some of the fixtures and we urge all clubs to work together to ensure all games are played. A spirit of co-operation will be required.

This alternative schedule is only if we are not able to begin on April 14. A decision on this is likely to be made by the end of next week.

The fixtures for all Club XVIII and Under 19 3, N & S will be distributed on Friday.

If you have any operational questions could you please direct them to Jeremy Bourke and for all other enquiries contact me directly.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to the commencement of the season.

Kind Regards

Michael Sholly
Chief Executive Officer

;)Just as well the asian theatre was put back to October Spy1
Easy as pie looking at previous posts. Spy1 and nellup are either the same conglomerate or let's just say very friendly. Together Sunday on the golf course folks?

Callitasiiz.............................without a shadow of a doubt the season will be significantly shorter in the lower grades without substantial rain over the next fortnight. Insurance asessors would be non compliant let alone incompetent to have the season commence as scheduled.
The majority of grounds are clearly a hazard to the players and one never knows. Could be an 11 round home and away fixture thrown into the mix with the final four.
With St Marys, Albert Park and Eltham the trifecta who is leading the scramble for fourth? Eley Park, UHS or even Box Hill North or Mt Lilydale?

Nonetheless found last year their senior coach was a ****er and they had some real idiots in their reserves. Especially one who gave a running commentary of threats -- if you touch me I'm gonna kill you, come near me you're dead, I'll kill you if you do that again etc. -- wasn't impressed to be told he issued more warnings than the weather bureau :D

No problem with their umpire though. If you've seen the Hawthorn one you've seen it all...

Must be that time of the month for you Miss Element though its good to see women involved in the game. I suggest you should take up a different sport perhaps http://www.altervistas.com/sites/weird/451 which you would be perhaps more suited to.

Callitasiiz.............................without a shadow of a doubt the season will be significantly shorter in the lower grades without substantial rain over the next fortnight. Insurance asessors would be non compliant let alone incompetent to have the season commence as scheduled.
The majority of grounds are clearly a hazard to the players and one never knows. Could be an 11 round home and away fixture thrown into the mix with the final four.
With St Marys, Albert Park and Eltham the trifecta who is leading the scramble for fourth? Eley Park, UHS or even Box Hill North or Mt Lilydale?
:confused:Don't know where you are getting your info from callitasitiz,but I prefer to look at the rational briefing by the VAFA ceo as put here by spy1,and this is but one plan to cope with the dry,
spy1,you are a brave man,"the rug wearer"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,boy can you expect some contovertial appointments this season,if,as you say, the boys in the big house do have the odd look in on us:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back