D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Rain tonight and all day tomorrow, fingers crossed boys!

Geez the ground we are training on is rock hard, plenty of boys pulling up real sore.

Anyone else got praccy games???

At this stage we have nothing!

Geez the ground we are training on is rock hard, plenty of boys pulling up real sore.

The snakes have a few lined up...

The problem at the moment is that if the season is delayed, do coaches really want to be playing praccy games now, surely there is enough unplayable grounds out there for VAFA to make their decision - as a senior coach its crucial for this decision to be made immediately one way or the other.

Manny DeBono

The problem at the moment is that if the season is delayed, do coaches really want to be playing praccy games now, surely there is enough unplayable grounds out there for VAFA to make their decision - as a senior coach its crucial for this decision to be made immediately one way or the other.

Manny DeBono

Definitely agree, a week ago they told us it would definitely start on time even if there was no change in conditions, I think everyone just wants a solid decision either way.

Obviously being a senior coach is even worse with not knowing at what stage the boys need to be, I guess everyone has to be ready for a 14th start then reassess when they change there minds again!

Official word has been distributed that the season will commence on April 28, two weeks late.

*Round 1 will be played after round 18
*Round 2 will be played on Queen's Birthday weekend
*D4 will have a final 4 as ground availability can't be guaranteed.

Manny DeBono

They have. It was posted earlier on this thread, on the drought thread and is now available on the VAFA website.

:confused:Don't know where you are getting your info from callitasitiz,but I prefer to look at the rational briefing by the VAFA ceo as put here by spy1,and this is but one plan to cope with the dry,
spy1,you are a brave man,"the rug wearer"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,boy can you expect some contovertial appointments this season,if,as you say, the boys in the big house do have the odd look in on us:D.

Ahahhh Nellup. Must query your understanding of rational. Changes already being made and the distinct possibility to further reductions to the season in lower grades if no decent rainfall.
I still keep shouting abuse amidst my sleep to all those umpires for those bum decisons which must amount to hundereds over many seasons. How many goals would I have dobbed if decisions were correctly adjudged?

:DOk all,we seem to have formed quite a family here,by that I ,we are all having a ,friendly go at each other,so,thought it might be interesting if those that want to meet up before the season kicks of ,now 28th April,as nearly everyone has reverted to Tuesday & Thursday training now I propose a Monday night,with partner,to keep us nice.
Recently had dinner at Moorrabin Tafe restaurant run by the students,the head Chef and Teacher is a personal friend.
The Deal,must be seated by 6:15 [the kids have to get home at resonable hour you see],cost $35 cultural theme night meditteranean,some beverages included on this theme night and fully licensed,the kids doing waiting and bar courses look after you,drink prices are reasonable,fantastic food as Mondays are 3rd year apprentices.

If anyone is interested in getting together,to reveal all,I will post my email address ,probably have to look at Monday 16th April so I can pre book,have to be quick as limited to 40 seats,if interested let me know.:
P.S once we book it ,it has to stand folks,as it is a school.

???????????????

Let's keep it footy boys. If you want to run personals to find a date do it in the Hearld Sun or something.

My team got into the good hard physical stuff last night at training and boy it felt good. I think this year will be a lot more physical than recent especially when we all have to play our first games in the wet.

Rain at last!!! Not sure how much we got but in the north eastern suburb we had light to moderate rain from at least 6am to 8.30am, not sure what time it started ???

Did other areas also get rain??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rain at last!!! Not sure how much we got but in the north eastern suburb we had light to moderate rain from at least 6am to 8.30am, not sure what time it started ???

Did other areas also get rain??

Its been raining most of the morning here in hawthorn. :) :) :)

We had a bit bayside, not enough to get crazy about but fingers crossed its enough for some reseading by the councils.

Just my opinion buit I reckon the season will be fine to start on the 28th, hoping anyway.

As said in previous posts VAFA has to much to lose if the season folds, at worst we will be playing games at odd times and different grounds.

We had a bit bayside, not enough to get crazy about but fingers crossed its enough for some reseading by the councils.

Just my opinion buit I reckon the season will be fine to start on the 28th, hoping anyway.

As said in previous posts VAFA has to much to lose if the season folds, at worst we will be playing games at odd times and different grounds.

Not alot of rain in Mt Waverley area, blue sky and warming up again.

If it gets to a stage where the season is delayed even further, you would think clubs affilation fees would need to be recalculated. I hope I am wrong but still think not a lot will change by the 28th - councils in our area have not started to prepare grounds for rain.
How many rounds will constitute a season - 11, 9? interesting.

It'll take more than 5 mm here and there. That won't even get us to average rainfall figures.

But....

I grew up in the bush - we didn't always have the advantage of 'city water' (pinched from country rivers to service watering lawns/drive ways/water features/spa baths/median strips etc) - so every pre-season and early season was played on grounds where the only water they saw most of the summer was around the rock hard cricket pitch.

A lot of the Melb grounds are on sand belts any way - and really, who cares if the grass is struggling, a least the weeds look green.

Maybe a sandy/dirt ground will be better than some of the cow paddocks.

Although I'd imagine Mt Lilydales ground will always be relatively lush - with a pleasant odour and after taste.

I grew up in the bush - we didn't always have the advantage of 'city water' (pinched from country rivers to service watering lawns/drive ways/water features/spa baths/median strips etc) - so every pre-season and early season was played on grounds where the only water they saw most of the summer was around the rock hard cricket pitch.

Maybe a sandy/dirt ground will be better than some of the cow paddocks.

I grew up "in the bush" too, Mick, and I didn't see a lot of water being stolen by the city.

The VAFA won't make a call on whether or not the season goes ahead, or in what format, based on your opinion nor the opinions of individuals on Big Footy. The big decision makers are in local Councils and insurance companies, end of story. Consideration will given to all of the stakeholders, but they shoulder the consequences (and therefore responsibility) of playing on underprepared surfaces.

I grew up "in the bush" too, Mick, and I didn't see a lot of water being stolen by the city.

The VAFA won't make a call on whether or not the season goes ahead, or in what format, based on your opinion nor the opinions of individuals on Big Footy. The big decision makers are in local Councils and insurance companies, end of story. Consideration will given to all of the stakeholders, but they shoulder the consequences (and therefore responsibility) of playing on underprepared surfaces.

Its a shame to have our season dictated by councils and insurers, but your right and thats life.
Seems everyone has gone soft though. I remember playing on seriously hard dirt in the early 90's and even on gravaly crap up to recent. Yes its a bit hard, but really, when your fat, slow and can't get off the ground like me, then the surface doesn't matter!

I'd be happy to sign a waiver to play on anything. VERY ITCHY FEET!

Ah, gee, how to tell you I was mostly joking - alas, I'll use an icon next time so you don't take it too seriously.

[I recognise that not all people grew up down stream of the Thomson River dam.]

At any rate - we could all go around in runners with knee pads on & pretend we were playing on synthetic surfaces, or play a version of 'Recreational Footy' - perhaps a 9 aside variant....a bit like AussieRulesinSchools in the UK.

???????????????

Let's keep it footy boys. If you want to run personals to find a date do it in the Hearld Sun or something.

My team got into the good hard physical stuff last night at training and boy it felt good. I think this year will be a lot more physical than recent especially when we all have to play our first games in the wet.
Bit late for the hard stuff Chewbacca. Mark your team down for the lower echelon at season's end. Which team?
As for a wet start to the season. Dreaming again!

Bit late for the hard stuff Chewbacca. Mark your team down for the lower echelon at season's end. Which team?
As for a wet start to the season. Dreaming again!

Hardness doesn't need to be practiced as much, its the fit teams that are fitter than the others who will perform. The teams who were hard last year are the same teams who will be hard this year.

Couple of players from a D4 finals team of last year spotted loitering in the shady areas of Port Melbourne well into St Pat's night. Crazy attire and special ties order of the day. An accomplice Gilligan perhaps leading this pair astray?

Just wondering why everyone has picked Nth Brunswick to finish so low...Anyone care to comment/share their thoughts...

Just wondering why everyone has picked Nth Brunswick to finish so low...Anyone care to comment/share their thoughts...
As always just calling it as it iz.
Long odds on double; North Brunswick/North Melbourne. Previous form and the season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back