D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Redders_i.d. said:
Okay so well done to Powerhouse. A dream to win all 3 finals and the last 2 very convincingly. Bad luck to Jacko, probably needed a grand final draw to get back from a hammy. Understandably distraught before game.

The full forward battle definitely went Edwards way. Too strong for his agile but light opponent. Big Dan was good on the ground but the full back took away his marking with some top spoiling. Tyson and Pritchard quiter than there talent would have dictated.

Oh and was that a "spy" cam in the canteen - clasic sign by someone.
OK; who was the wag who put the WANTED sign next to the canteen.
Jeez, I felt I should be wearing a false beard, dark glasses and a hat.
Chips were crackers but I was disappointed there were no hot dogs. Took the opportunity to grab some Kentucky when had to move the car at half time.
Anyway it was an interesting game till early in the last. Great day for footy and although the skills were down a tad it was due to the great pressure applied by both teams. I for one love to see a contest and when you get a flash of brilliance it is more appreciated. Congrats to Power House and good luck to both mobs in D3.
JP don't forget us and say hello every now and again.
Now when does preseason start?

Redders_i.d. said:
. Bad luck to Jacko, probably needed a grand final draw to get back from a hammy. Understandably distraught before game.

I think they call that Karma

Well done to the house and my old mate knobby(is he still skipper?) always had a bit of respect for the house, good bunch of blokes.

Bad luck for Jacko and Hawthorn yesterday? Absolutely sensational and karma at its best. What more could you ask for with the Turtles turning it up AGAIN the week previous.
Still looking for remnants of 'big' Dan's heartstrings at Scammell Reserve.
Perhaps Jacko's may be nearby!
Well down the House.

Abba Lonie said:
How many kicks did Lauletta get? Was it 4 or 5?
Ease up on Lauletta guys. Yes there are some Hawk guys that get up your nose with their yap sometimes, but I have always found Lauletta is only up for the footy. Rather than bag him for yesterday I would give credit to his opponent, who spoiled well all day and managed to run off a lot as well. The other factor was the lack of good supply. I was surprised he wasn't given a run on the ball to get him going or to help cut PH's run on in the third term.

yeah, i think you guys are getting Danno all wrong man...he is all about footy and all about winning...good bloke, good captain...

It's beautiful to see the natural laws of nature (karma) working at its best yesterday.
"It was just like a circus", just to use one of Jason Jackomos's favourite quotes. Such a petty the clubs head court jester was struck down with karmatitis.
Sorry Ridley, no tears from this supporter let alone sympathy.

One more time for you Jacko:

"IT WAS JUST LIKE A CIRCUS"

What the heck, once more:

As potentially the only Power House person currently not in a comatosed state (it's been a huge weekend with millions of stories), I'd like to congratulate Hawthorn on their great record of 14 or so wins straight and commisserate with them (and Eltham 2s) on losing the big one. We were lucky to time our run well and went in to the match feeling confident. Our side that got thrashed in round 11 was decimated, and the 10 new faces including some of our very best in the GF side made a huge difference. The other 10 that played that day played in the 2s. Our biggest test was reversing the Box Hill round 18 loss. Once we did that, we always thought we were a chance. It was a great grand final - good, hard, tough, but fair footy. The Hawks were still having a real crack in the 3rd quarter, but we were lucky to produce what was potentially our best quarter of the year and pinch a bit of a break. Roll on 2006.

Congratulations Powerhouse - well played. I reckon Box Hill North must be feeling like they nearly got there - always next year fellas!

In all honesty, it must be a hollow feeling at present for Hawthorn, having lost the GF but still get promoted.

I'm not having a go at Hawthorn, but I feel it is a flawed system to reward a loser. (whether that be B, C D1 grade etc).

Last year St Marys were promoted after losing the GF, and are back down in D4 for season 2007. Elsternwick made the D3 finals...........

Interested in others opinions.

Flowerpower said:
Congratulations Powerhouse - well played. I reckon Box Hill North must be feeling like they nearly got there - always next year fellas!

In all honesty, it must be a hollow feeling at present for Hawthorn, having lost the GF but still get promoted.

I'm not having a go at Hawthorn, but I feel it is a flawed system to reward a loser. (whether that be B, C D1 grade etc).

Last year St Marys were promoted after losing the GF, and are back down in D4 for season 2007. Elsternwick made the D3 finals...........

I don't know. Hawthorn would have been very competitive in D3 and finshed higher than the bottom 2 D3 sides and possibly a few more teams I'd imagine. I reckon stick with promoting and demoting 2 sides. Yeah you're rewarding a loser but they still achieved a lot and deserve to benefit somehow from making the granny.

Flowerpower said:

With 70 clubs, feel it is correct to have 2 up and 2 down. Rupertswood have been runners up in D1,D2& D3 as well as premiers in D4 in last 5 years. They deserve to be in C level and have not been hampered by losing 3 (ie have still managed to recruit well to improve to the next level).

Ifeellikechickentonight said:
It's beautiful to see the natural laws of nature (karma) working at its best yesterday.
"It was just like a circus", just to use one of Jason Jackomos's favourite quotes. Such a petty the clubs head court jester was struck down with karmatitis.
Sorry Ridley, no tears from this supporter let alone sympathy.

One more time for you Jacko:

What the heck, once more:

Careful you don't make the same mistake as Jacko

Flowerpower said:

Hawthorn are a much better team & much better equipped to make the transition successfully. (To be honest I still can't believe they got beaten.) St Mary's were an old team that (and this sort of statement has been heavily criticised before, but was genuine in this instance) wouldn't have beaten Bulleen apart from injuries received against Elsternwick in the 2nd semi.

Unless they paid big coin this year (and I don't think they had it to spend) they were destined to come straight back.

Hawthorn are good enough to challenge for the four in D3 next year, as a few D4 > D3 clubs have in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would be the favourites for the D4 flag next year?
St Mary's or Eltham College? What do you think?

Coach Hollywood said:

Depending on how well they recruit, and how fit they are!!! I asked questions in the D3 tread on St Marys and the D3 boys rate there chances of coming back up. Eltham need to learn from there finals mistakes this year and if they do they should have an even better season next year!!! I cant say who'd be favourite but i'd imagine it would be close.....

I personaly think the top 4 sides year will consist of -

TOP 3 (in no order) St Mary's, Eltham, Box Hill North - (smokies 4 premiership).

Then Bulleen and Syndal to tie on points for 4th

Coach Hollywood said:

Don't know much about St Mary's but I'd say Box Hill are the main force to be reckoned with based on their improvement through the season and seeing them play in the finals. Eltham need a few more tough in and under players and if they don't get them, they'll end up in a similar position next year. Out of the 3 finals Power House played, I would say that the feeling before the Eltham game was by far the most confident. We'd just been thrashed by Box Hill and there was an element of the unknown with Hawthorn. Bulleen give me the impression that they lack a bit of depth so if they can bolster themselves a bit or have a great run with injuries, they'll be in contention. Albert Park have Bedford again and their improved performances combined with some quality recruits should not rule them out. UHS-VU give the impression of being a very proud club and I'd expect them to bounce back as well.

Coach Hollywood said:

Eltham standouts by the length of the straight. Main dangers the unknown UHS and St Marys.
As for the rest expect Albert Park to be in the finals and a real hope come September.
Very little from rest of D4 grade this season. Syndal a finals chance but just a little short, Box Hill have had their moment of glory, caught many teams off their guard. Richmond to finally avoid the spoon and happily hand that to North Brunswick.

Guys - Box Hill are builiding each year- dont be surprised to see them running around with an u19 next year- maybe a joint venture with Surrey Park. - They and St Mary's would be my favorites for flag,but not writing off Eltham and Albert Park- looking like it could be a very interesting comp as UHSOB and Bulleen would be in the picture too.

PointPaul said:
Eltham standouts by the length of the straight. Main dangers the unknown UHS and St Marys.
As for the rest expect Albert Park to be in the finals and a real hope come September.
Very little from rest of D4 grade this season. Syndal a finals chance but just a little short, Box Hill have had their moment of glory, caught many teams off their guard. Richmond to finally avoid the spoon and happily hand that to North Brunswick.

PointPaul, Little whippets that hang out don't win games in finals football. How are Eltham going to address this? Have they got recruits on the way.

Just putting it out there...I think it's about time Richmond pull themselves together and get off the bottom and have a crack of the 4...so yeah...just having a punt...love a roughy mate..

JP the Chinaman said:
Just putting it out there...I think it's about time Richmond pull themselves together and get off the bottom and have a crack of the 4...so yeah...just having a punt...love a roughy mate..

Everyone who plays D4 knows that there is not that much difference between the good teams and the bad. A couple of decent players dragging a few mates through the gates and it can change pretty quickly.

I have heard though, that the line 'we may not win many games, but we're a good club socially' was used in at least one of their coaching interviews. That's not the best path forward.

JP - just give me your cash on this one. The roughy isn't going to come home mate!

vegemite said:
PointPaul, Little whippets that hang out don't win games in finals football. How are Eltham going to address this? Have they got recruits on the way.

What recruits would Eltham need to address this Vegemite? I would have thought they would be flag favourites for sure next season.

Coach Hollywood said:
What recruits would Eltham need to address this Vegemite? I would have thought they would be flag favourites for sure next season.

Eltham are probably the most skilled and quickest side left in D4, but until they get some bigger bodies and blokes that will get in and under around the ball, I reckon they'll get found out by the likes of the improving Box Hill and the sides coming down. Eltham's talls, apart from number 50 aren't very intimidating either. This is just the impression that I got from their last 2 matches against Power House, which are the only 2 senior matches that I've seen Eltham play. Maybe they've just had 2 down days where their tough, hard footy went out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back