D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

How do you think Edwards would go in a divsion such as C Grade.?
Obviously the skill level would be quite better, with better defenders, whom would sit on his tail all day, as oposed to the level of defenders in D4.

Yeah, pity about toilets and showers being absent in the change rooms for visiting teams. If it wasn't for that I would have been rapt to see the whole final series played there.

BTW, anyone got a copy of this week's Ammo Footballer yet? Interested to see who young Sill put in his D4 Team of the Year.

sImpLy f0oTy said:
How do you think Edwards would go in a divsion such as C Grade.?
Obviously the skill level would be quite better, with better defenders, whom would sit on his tail all day, as oposed to the level of defenders in D4.

He did pretty well when he played in C Grade last year, 74 goals in a team that won 2 games.

Abba Lonie said:
He did pretty well when he played in C Grade last year, 74 goals in a team that won 2 games.

So....In C section in a side that won 2 games he kicked 74 goals
and In D4 section in a side that won 16 out of 20 inc. finals he kicked 110 goals.

I think that a side that is winning that many more games would give him at least 20-30 more goals a season.

What i'm getting at is that D4 is very competitive, edwards has kicked 36 more goals (but in a successful side, who has played 2 finals (8goals P.ed kicked in finals).

110 (-10 goals in finals) (- 25 winning side) = 75 goals

spy1 said:
Yeah, pity about toilets and showers being absent in the change rooms for visiting teams. If it wasn't for that I would have been rapt to see the whole final series played there.

BTW, anyone got a copy of this week's Ammo Footballer yet? Interested to see who young Sill put in his D4 Team of the Year.

Arn't you Ed Sill......Thats the rumour!!!!!!

King_Cobra said:
Arn't you Ed Sill......Thats the rumour!!!!!!

Is it really ?
KC you flatter me.
I know young Edward, fine figure of a man. I would be honoured to be put in his class.
I am not he, but if I was, I would surely pick a full fwd line of -Lauletta=Edwards=Penny.
Looks like we will get a new scribe next year with Hawthorn going to D3.

king_turtle said:
So....In C section in a side that won 2 games he kicked 74 goals
and In D4 section in a side that won 16 out of 20 inc. finals he kicked 110 goals.

I think that a side that is winning that many more games would give him at least 20-30 more goals a season.

What i'm getting at is that D4 is very competitive, edwards has kicked 36 more goals (but in a successful side, who has played 2 finals (8goals P.ed kicked in finals).

110 (-10 goals in finals) (- 25 winning side) = 75 goals

Come clean Turtle, your a CPA aren't you?

spy1 said:
Is it really ?
KC you flatter me.
I know young Edward, fine figure of a man. I would be honoured to be put in his class.
I am not he, but if I was, I would surely pick a full fwd line of -Lauletta=Edwards=Penny.
Looks like we will get a new scribe next year with Hawthorn going to D3.

Trying to throw us of the scent now are we!!!!!! Only the man himself would discribe him as a fine figure of a man....He has afigure about as good as mine.....LOL>>

King_Cobra said:
Trying to throw us of the scent now are we!!!!!! Only the man himself would discribe him as a fine figure of a man....He has afigure about as good as mine.....LOL>>

Ahh, but infinately trimmer than mine.

BTW, anyone got a copy of this week's Ammo Footballer yet? Interested to see who young Sill put in his D4 Team of the Year.[/quote]

Ed,

Can u post the team of the year as we no longer get the footballer because we arnt in the finals race any more.

I am very interested he who u picked in the team.

King_Cobra said:

Ed,

Can u post the team of the year as we no longer get the footballer because we arnt in the finals race any more.

I am very interested he who u picked in the team.[/quote]

KC you are so much more entertaining once your season is over.
Actually in one of the lost posts from last week, Chickeebabe posted a bitch about how even when you are out of the finals race, they still put 10 copies at Kew for you, and charge you for it.

For those who do not have access to "the amateur footballer" yet...

B: P. Sosic (PH) D. Boland (PH) B. Robinson (Syn)
HB: R. Runco (EC) C. Liston (BHN) D. Payne (EP)
C: R. Foo (EC) J. Galvin (EC) R. Baker (AP)
HF: C. Cachia (Syn) D. Lauletta (Haw) B. Cookson (BC)
F: M. Blagrove (EC) D. Edwards (PH) D. Penny (BHN)
R: W. McIndoe (AP) G. Turner (EC) L. Aitken (Haw)
Inter: J. Dawson (haw) J. Boudoloh (NB) D. Speakman (Rich)
B. Brady (PH)

Coach: Peter Armstrong (BHN)

Geez, I woulda thought this would be a huge day on Big Footy and we've all gone quiet. Who will win, margins, BOG and why? I'm biased so I'll keep out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ace High said:

B. Brady (PH)

Not a bad side! Question is how many would Lauletta feed to Edwards???

Hawks by 10 goals, best on ground Danno...who kicks 7.2, big big day at Oakleigh tomorrow...Go Hawkies...

PWH twos to win the flag...because I asked them to do me that little favour...they gotta beat the turtles...:thumbsu: ...I don't want to see Moky and his smug face next year...wait a minute...I won't because Hawks are in D3...hahahaha....Go Hawkies...:D

Ace High said:

B. Brady (PH)

Just want to know is it compulsory for at least on member from each team get a mention. Talking about the North Brunswick and Richmond player. Or are they worthy of making this team.

What'saname said:
Just want to know is it compulsory for at least on member from each team get a mention. Talking about the North Brunswick and Richmond player. Or are they worthy of making this team.

I am unfamiliar with any criteria,other than to pick the best side possible.
As to the 2 players in question; #8 from Richmond has always starred in a team where you have to get it the hard way. He is setting a great example to his improving troops and plays the ball at all times.
Big 'Moose' had a stella year. When many around him seemed happy to take the easy road of 2s footy the big fella put his heart and soul into every game. Played at full fwd early in the year but from about rd.8 shouldered the ruck duties all alone.

I'd be happy to have either in my side.
And no KC, I'm not Ed Sill.

What'saname said:

Didn't Speakman get 17 best players from 17 games?

spy1 said:
I am unfamiliar with any criteria,other than to pick the best side possible.
As to the 2 players in question; #8 from Richmond has always starred in a team where you have to get it the hard way. He is setting a great example to his improving troops and plays the ball at all times.
Big 'Moose' had a stella year. When many around him seemed happy to take the easy road of 2s footy the big fella put his heart and soul into every game. Played at full fwd early in the year but from about rd.8 shouldered the ruck duties all alone.

I'd be happy to have either in my side.
And no KC, I'm not Ed Sill.

Thanks for that Ed(?),

I do remember the days at Merimbula and Spy v Spy in the newsletter. Could it be you from down there?? or were you involved in the Brown & Gold in the late 80s???

Redders_i.d. said:
Thanks for that Ed(?),

I do remember the days at Merimbula and Spy v Spy in the newsletter. Could it be you from down there?? or were you involved in the Brown & Gold in the late 80s???

Oh and by the way, the Barrel seems to have an affinity with food and could this have been exploited by JP the Chinaman (self proclaimed Asian Jamie Oliver) to snare a spot on the bench for tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing.

spy1 said:
Red Dragone, you seem well informed. How much is truth and how much is mirth?

I've been around longer than Hawthorn's Chinaman but less than Uncle from Bulleen if thats any help.

no chance of that...I'm about to go out for a run and then go down to Oakleigh to see big Danno tear up PWH...should be a cracker...Go Hawkies...

JP the Chinaman said:
no chance of that...I'm about to go out for a run and then go down to Oakleigh to see big Danno tear up PWH...should be a cracker...Go Hawkies...

Okay so well done to Powerhouse. A dream to win all 3 finals and the last 2 very convincingly. Bad luck to Jacko, probably needed a grand final draw to get back from a hammy. Understandably distraught before game.

The full forward battle definitely went Edwards way. Too strong for his agile but light opponent. Big Dan was good on the ground but the full back took away his marking with some top spoiling. Tyson and Pritchard quiter than there talent would have dictated.

Oh and was that a "spy" cam in the canteen - clasic sign by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back