D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: D4 Section Ammos

Seriously?

Saw both games this weekend, believe couple of reports from Uni vs Eltham game.
No.11 from uni got done for striking, and not sure if Blagrove got done but he got sent off.

Uni did very well considering only 17 players for 20mins in 2nd qtr.

St Marys looked incredible yesterday!! Credit where credit's due they destroyed Mt Lilydale!!

Disappointing result for North brunny two's. Eltham were too good and too big for us. Thought we were better than a 75 pouint difference - and it did blow out late - but Eltham were very very good for two's footy.

Watched the first half of the ones. Uni High seemed to have more bodies at every contest but I'm a little susprised that the margin wasn't closer at the finish. Two terrific sides. Thought Eltham could probably have done with an extra strong body - bit of grunt from Azza Maloney or Rosco next week perhaps. Hope they can come back and take care of St.Mary's - fair performance i imagine on Sunday 130 odd points....these things can happen so easily in a final.

Heard BHN may have a new strip for next season.
Following on from the new sleevless revolutionary Aussie 20/20 teams outfit.
Lime green so as not to clash I believe.

Would be interested to know if Blagrove was definately reported. They will need him next week if they are to avoid the dreaded double straight sets. Should be a great preliminary final. A few weeks back my money would have been on Eltham, but just like the great Greg Norman at Augusta......the neck and throat area may just be starting to tighten up. Have Mary's timed the peak? Should be a great game.

Lime green, sounds excellent.
Cheers
Sounds Dreadful, Spy.

As long as its nothing like RM lime green outfit! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see Eltham go out in str8 sets again.......

Couldnt happen to a nicer club...

Come off it Boomer Harvey - they are playing the worst blokes in the comp and you want them to lose???

Then again...........

nah - I'll be supporting the turtles this weekend.!!!!!! :)

Come off it Boomer Harvey - they are playing the worst blokes in the comp and you want them to lose???

Then again...........

I think this weekends game will be a cracker!

Just read the game is back at Vermont which I believe will suit St Marys.

Hate to say it but Eltham could once again fall in straight sets. Although I will be barracking for them.

Would be interested to know if Blagrove was definately reported. They will need him next week if they are to avoid the dreaded double straight sets. Should be a great preliminary final. A few weeks back my money would have been on Eltham, but just like the great Greg Norman at Augusta......the neck and throat area may just be starting to tighten up. Have Mary's timed the peak? Should be a great game.

Just checked the VAFA website & no one from UHS or Turtles or any D4 required for tribunal??? Someone please explain b/c it says earlier a UHS bloke was reported?? :confused:

Just checked the VAFA website & no one from UHS or Turtles or any D4 required for tribunal??? Someone please explain b/c it says earlier a UHS bloke was reported?? :confused:

No 11. A.Kirk from Uni High was reported for striking and given red card.

Saw incident it was a punch to the stomach when getting sheparded.
It was right in front of umpire.

He may have accepted the mandatory 2 weeks perhaps?

I couldnt see how he got off.

I would be interested to see the final decision on this if anyone can help out.

Saw both games this weekend, believe couple of reports from Uni vs Eltham game.
No.11 from uni got done for striking, and not sure if Blagrove got done but he got sent off.

Uni did very well considering only 17 players for 20mins in 2nd qtr.

St Marys looked incredible yesterday!! Credit where credit's due they destroyed Mt Lilydale!!

Having watched the game on sunday, i was very impressed with the young members of the st marys squad..
Sure, the usual suspects gatehouse and murphy were full of run on there respective wings. However, other young players holding key roles in the starting 18, showed great ability. Ampt (#32) runs all day and kicked one of the best finals goals i've seen, Sheedy (#16) showed he was a premier ruckman of D4 and Adam (#26) looked promising across the half back line..

Are St marys the youngest side in D4?
If so, look out in future years as each player grows into even better footballers..
Would also like to know what other clubs young stocks like?

we're off to another premiership - eltham.... st marys, comon you're kidding aren't you? see the turtles in two weeks and another premiership boys...

Having watched the game on sunday, i was very impressed with the young members of the st marys squad..
Sure, the usual suspects gatehouse and murphy were full of run on there respective wings. However, other young players holding key roles in the starting 18, showed great ability. Ampt (#32) runs all day and kicked one of the best finals goals i've seen, Sheedy (#16) showed he was a premier ruckman of D4 and Adam (#26) looked promising across the half back line..

Are St marys the youngest side in D4?
If so, look out in future years as each player grows into even better footballers..
Would also like to know what other clubs young stocks like?

I'd say that Sth Mornington are much younger than St Marys. Speaking to a Sth Mornington Player he said the average age would be about 21.

How old are Gatehouse and Murphy both are superb players?

If Sheedy is the guy I'm thinking of I wouldn't consider him a premier Ruckman.

I'd say that Sth Mornington are much younger than St Marys. Speaking to a Sth Mornington Player he said the average age would be about 21.

How old are Gatehouse and Murphy both are superb players?

If Sheedy is the guy I'm thinking of I wouldn't consider him a premier Ruckman.

All of these players are below 20, (Sheedy, Gatehouse, Murphy, Adam are all 19 and Ampt is a year or so younger i believe)..

Also include papaluca who is only 21

Then again...........

Certainly does seem to be a battle of the big egos. Would be funny to see the turtles (biggest egos in 06) out in straight sets again, but then again, how good did St Marys (biggest egos in 07) think they were early on. Either way, congrats to the quiet achievers UHS-VU, and I reckon most of the comp will be barracking for them regardless of who they played.

Certainly does seem to be a battle of the big egos. Would be funny to see the turtles (biggest egos in 06) out in straight sets again, but then again, how good did St Marys (biggest egos in 07) think they were early on. Either way, congrats to the quiet achievers UHS-VU, and I reckon most of the comp will be barracking for them regardless of who they played.

Hahaha - very good Vegemite!

Although brownandgreen has just piped up very cocky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back