Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rankings will be updated for this years draft on the weekend. Bonar will go into my top 10 im sticking to my gut on him, Starcevich will also be top 15. A few good performers in the combine will be placed higher. Tom McCartin will rise and Harry Jones will return to my top 60. Jones is a forgotten player but he was one of the better players in the TAC before injury struck.

Starcevich I think you've just stumbled on his few good games. I still prefer Hayden over him if you're looking for that kind of player.

Starcevich I think you've just stumbled on his few good games. I still prefer Hayden over him if you're looking for that kind of player.
I've watched 2 of his game and he has been amazing in both, if he plays any of those games consistently at the next level he is a top 15 prospect, Hayden I don't feel is as dangerous and not as good by foot

Last edited:

I've watched 2 of his game and he has been amazing in both, if he plays any of those games consistently at the next level he is a top 15 prospect, Hayden I don't feel is as dangerous and not as good by foot
He tested very well

Why do you think we will take Brander over Coffield? Purely need basis or better talent ?
A bit of both, i think its between those 2 but i went with Brander since he can play tall either end and could allow Darcy Moore more flexibility once Brander can get into the side. Having 2 high quality talls able to go forward and back would be ideal imo, going back to the Tarrant days haha

I like some of the picks for west coast.O'Brien could be good but I think I'd prefer bonar or Higgins.if Allen was taller I would jump at him but we've got enough tweener forwards on our list
Starcevich and Kelly are good picks there
I don't think Hayes will last that late,does he project more as a forward or ruck.would probably only take either him or Allen,nor both

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I like some of the picks for west coast.O'Brien could be good but I think I'd prefer bonar or Higgins.if Allen was taller I would jump at him but we've got enough tweener forwards on our list
Starcevich and Kelly are good picks there
I don't think Hayes will last that late,does he project more as a forward or ruck.would probably only take either him or Allen,nor both

O'Brien I picked as a precaution if Gaff leaves next year as a free agent because he takes up that wing spot

Allen I've picked at 21 mostly because he is too good to pass up and a local lad. Hayes was poor at the combine and a few clubs have cooled on him.

O'Brien I picked as a precaution if Gaff leaves next year as a free agent because he takes up that wing spot

Allen I've picked at 21 mostly because he is too good to pass up and a local lad. Hayes was poor at the combine and a few clubs have cooled on him.
I understand the O'Brien pick I kinda think we swapped out our first round pick next year thinking we were going to get back in there anyway.also if worpel,Fogarty,starcevich or k.hayden are there we can get some inside mids later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I updated the draft picks as they where traded and i already put the details for all the players early on so its just a matter of copy and paste and then its really easy and simple.
Still it often takes me a while to move players around to roughly where I think they belong.

I should honestly create a better excel spreadsheet with all the players names on it, so I can copy and paste the information easier.

Still it often takes me a while to move players around to roughly where I think they belong.

I should honestly create a better excel spreadsheet with all the players names on it, so I can copy and paste the information easier.
Yeah that part takes a little longer but yeah when you have the players already done up its just copy and paste and its quick and easy

Rolling Mock Draft October Edition

1st Round

View attachment 430556
2nd Round
View attachment 430558
3rd Round
View attachment 430559
I like the idea of Stephenson to Freemantle. I'm not buying in to Freemantle drafting Naughton with pick 5. I reckon they go Brander or look at Stephenson's Eastern Rangers team mate, and draft Adam Cerra.

Jack Higgins to the Lions at 15 is yuk. I'm praying Higgins and Constable are off the board by pick 15.

I understand why you're picking Ballenden and Naish where you have, but I don't believe either player will be bid on before those picks. And in Brisbane's case, it impacts our later draft picks, 40 & 44 which I expect to be used to match a bid in the 20 to 30 range.

I like the idea of Stephenson to Freemantle. I'm not buying in to Freemantle drafting Naughton with pick 5. I reckon they go Brander or look at Stephenson's Eastern Rangers team mate, and draft Adam Cerra.

Jack Higgins to the Lions at 15 is yuk. I'm praying Higgins and Constable are off the board by pick 15.

I understand why you're picking Ballenden and Naish where you have, but I don't believe either player will be bid on before those picks. And in Brisbane's case, it impacts our later draft picks, 40 & 44 which I expect to be used to match a bid in the 20 to 30 range.
I've heard plenty about Naughton for pick 5 so I'm sticking with that although I feel they should take Brander or Fogarty

Have an issue with Higgins? Would have thought he would be a great fit

Well yeah it's too much effort for me to factor in bids haha

Question DPS, if Naughton wasn't from WA (and Peel in particular) do you still think we would take him?
I feel like you and I are going to spending the next month telling people we are not taking Naughton and will be angry if we do

I've heard plenty about Naughton for pick 5 so I'm sticking with that although I feel they should take Brander or Fogarty

Have an issue with Higgins? Would have thought he would be a great fit

Well yeah it's too much effort for me to factor in bids haha
Have you had inside word we are taking Naughton. We are stacked in the KPD department, most Freo supporters know it and Lloyd has publicly acknowledged we dont want KPD's

I feel like you and I are going to spending the next month telling people we are not taking Naughton and will be angry if we do

Have you had inside word we are taking Naughton. We are stacked in the KPD department, most Freo supporters know it and Lloyd has publicly acknowledged we dont want KPD's
Haha, yeah I know I have no effect on it but I still feel obliged to try.

We could just be playing ducks and drakes - someone pointed out on our board how we were odds on for English this time last year and obviously that didn't happen.

Lloyd, Bond and Ross showed their balls of steel at trade time. I pray they leave their thinking caps on when draft time comes around.

Haha, yeah I know I have no effect on it but I still feel obliged to try.

We could just be playing ducks and drakes - someone pointed out on our board how we were odds on for English this time last year and obviously that didn't happen.

Lloyd, Bond and Ross showed their balls of steel at trade time. I pray they leave their thinking caps on when draft time comes around.
I know it means nothing but I cant help but die a little inside every time I see someone saying we will take him. Dont think I could it take if it actually happened on draft day

I know it means nothing but I cant help but die a little inside every time I see someone saying we will take him. Dont think I could it take if it actually happened on draft day
I think I will tell myself it is because we think he is actually a better forward than defender or some other BS.

I trust them to some extent so if we take him I can only assume that either one or more of our KPDs are moving positions (Logue) or stuffed (Pearce). I honestly doubt that though.

My gut is we don't take him. I am just nervous as hell that we will.

I don't think he should go that early but have heard a lot of whispers about it, Freo not the only club that likes him in the top 10 aswell.

I personally don't think freo should take him either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back