Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_P_S

I see you have Quaynor as an early second rounder at 23. I found out today we will have priority access to him next year as he is in our next gen academy.

It seems you rate him highly. What can you tell me about the kid?
He is very diligent and can do a job on talls and smalls. He has the athleticism and competitiveness to match up on a lot of different types. He also uses the ball well by hand and foot and stays very composed he would have had claims as the best defender in all of the TAC this year.

Last edited:
He is very diligent and can do a job on talls and smalls. He has the athleticism and competitiveness to match up on a lot of different types. He also uses the ball well by hand and foot and stays very composed he would have had claims as the best defender in all of the TAC this year.
do you know anything about Will Kelly?

Wow, big wraps. Very excited to be able to secure that level of player with what will likely be a third or fourth round pick. Hopefully he has a big year.

Nope i dont think he played for Oakleigh this year did he?
Only 1 game.

Pretty impressive write up on Quaynor. Having a claim as arguably the best defender in the TAC cup as a bottom ager is no mean feat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spending half his time in school footy and mostly as a full Forward doesn't help his cause for that claim haha

Max is the FF, despite Ben kicking 7 for the Bloods one random week when they both played forward. Having Clavarino as the school FB probably helped!

Ben played 9 TAC games this year at FB/CHB.

Last edited:
Max is the FF, despite Ben kicking 7 for the Bloods one random week when they both played forward. Having Clavarino as the school FB probably helped!

Ben played 9 TAC games this year at FB/CHB.
I'm aware Max is the full Forward, every time I watched Haileybury Ben was playing full Forward and Max was running drinks

Im still conflicted whether to do an actual phantom draft or keep doing my rolling mock draft. I don't think ill be going crazy with the draft profiles like I did last year that took waaay to much time.

At this stage I prefer to do the rolling mock draft and if anyone has questions on certain players or want some more info ill give them a direct reply here it frees up my time between now and the draft where id like to catch up with friends and family more which I kind of neglected this time last year haha

Quick question. How do you see Stephenson and Naughton in terms of Fremantle's list needs, or do you see them as best available?
Stephenson I feel fits the mould as a goalkicking midfielder who imo will play as a burst inside mid ala Dangerfield and I also think he wont have the go home factor. Naughton ive only chosen at 5 because of all the noise from guys like Cal Twomey. Personally id take Cerra at 5 or even Brander but it appears Brander is sliding outside the top 10.

Naughton ive only chosen at 5 because of all the noise from guys like Cal Twomey.
I think this answers your rankings vs. phantom question quite well. What does yet another distillation of information available elsewhere offer, particularly if it clouds your own judgement?

I think this answers your rankings vs. phantom question quite well. What does yet another distillation of information available elsewhere offer, particularly if it clouds your own judgement?
Ill be honest mate and a little stupid, ive got no idea what you mean by that sentence haha Also sign up for the mock draft on our board ive been wondering why you haven't put your name in for it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back