Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
46. with some nice snap goals

13 Floyd athletic winger that can shank it every so often. Could have 5 goals from the wing.

Cass Parish more influential in last. Like JPK. Has pushed forward and scored a goal.

Noble is a very good link player. Hard at it must have had a few score involvements.

49. Rucking and forward scored a goal or two and taken some gopd contested marks from oposition. Love his ground work its like Stef Martin. Bean pole but lol. As I was typing this he sidestepped one player and shrugged off another and snapped a goal from 45m out on the 45. Crowd clapped hard!

Falcons lads 7, 13, 12, 1 running rings around the knights boys in the last 5 minutes.

Final score

Geelong 16.16.112
Knights 7.5.47

Around the 30 mark, does some good things but he only averages 15 touches he needs to work on his consistency in every quarter
Maybe thats due to playing off half back a lot and also being in a shit side. When I think of last years draft amd what was avalable I think your right with the 30 mark. His explosive speed helps bump him up a touch. Would take him with our 3rd round pick for sure but not so sure on our 2nd rounder.

42. Parish looks good. Can see he has something to offer at AFL level. Just dont like how he trys to tackle and win the ball with one hand out instead of running and anticipating better. Overheard the Port recruiters saying hes too slow and something about his second efforts whilst he was on the ground. Right now I can hear them talking about some player that they think has a ton of composure.

Thanks for the updates! Did you find out what player they thought had a tonne of composure?

Out of curiosity, do the different club recruiters wear club branded jackets, etc. Just wondering how you can tell which club a recruiter is from.

Thanks for the updates! Did you find out what player they thought had a tonne of composure?
Pretty sure it was 8. Coffield. Was watching more of the falcons because they were far better performing but Nick did have some nice moments. They also said here he is as Petruccelle broke the lines. They guy on the left quickly jotted something down and after that Petruc did it another 3 times. To be honest they both look like players Port would draft. Do they even have a 1st round pick? Maybe thats why they like them for little roughies. Also I concur with them saying Cass Parish is too slow at every stopage he was the last player to run up to the contest. His spread isnt that good and if he doesnt get it he doesnt run to get back that quick. His contested ball winning was not seen at all either. Did play well and think his field kicking isnt that bad. Maybe 1 bad kick all day.

Pretty sure it was 8. Coffield. Was watching more of the falcons because they were far better performing but Nick did have some nice moments. They also said here he is as Petruccelle broke the lines. They guy on the left quickly jotted something down and after that Petruc did it another 3 times. To be honest they both look like players Port would draft. Do they even have a 1st round pick? Maybe thats why they like them for little roughies. Also I concur with them saying Cass Parish is too slow at every stopage he was the last player to run up to the contest. His spread isnt that good and if he doesnt get it he doesnt run to get back that quick. His contested ball winning was not seen at all either. Did play well and think his field kicking isnt that bad. Maybe 1 bad kick all day.

Thanks for replying. Interesting to know he they are looking at. Geoff Parker loves guys who can run, so pettracelle would have caught their eyes for sure.

Some big numbers in the Eastern V Pioneers game. Tom North 43 disposals and 3 goals, Darby Henderson 41 disposals, Laine Fitzgerald 27 disposals
North the match winner ? Who was his opponent ?
Pios boys high numbers but turned it over too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thoughts on Riley Jones ?
He is at an awkward size for a defender, he isn't quiet big enough to be a key defender and he doesn't rebound enough as a 3rd tall. He does move very well and has a nice kick on him but he can be rather laconic. I'll use Mitch Podhajski as an example he plays a similar position and he gets more marks and more disposals and has shut down some very good forwards and at this stage he isn't even rated top 30.

Jones will need to add a bit more to his game for me to consider him a top 50 prospect but he still has some nice attributes which clubs like which shows in his inclusion for the Metro squad.

yeah fair call, also any info on small gun Lachlan Murphy from Adelaide's SANFL (ex northern knight)

who, in your opinion has more upside, Toby Wooler, Hayden McLean, Tom DeKoning? i see, wooler as a dual position player fwd/mid albiet a bit slow off the mark but an all day goer, mclean as a stay at home forward, good set shot, good hands, good leading patterns, and dekoning as a ruck/fwd but with his body may take 3-4 or maybe 5 years to be ready for week in week out senior footy?

who, in your opinion has more upside, Toby Wooler, Hayden McLean, Tom DeKoning? i see, wooler as a dual position player fwd/mid albiet a bit slow off the mark but an all day goer, mclean as a stay at home forward, good set shot, good hands, good leading patterns, and dekoning as a ruck/fwd but with his body may take 3-4 or maybe 5 years to be ready for week in week out senior footy?
For me it's Wooler because he has the capacity to play all over the ground and has shown a lot of consistency. McLean and De Koning are slow and inconsistent , their best is very good but their worst is pretty bad. If De Koning can improve his consistency then he could be up there but at this stage it's Wooler easily

For me it's Wooler because he has the capacity to play all over the ground and has shown a lot of consistency. McLean and De Koning are slow and inconsistent , their best is very good but their worst is pretty bad. If De Koning can improve his consistency then he could be up there but at this stage it's Wooler easily

What is Wooler going to be at afl level? 2nd key forward ? is he good enough in the air? 3rd tall forward ? Does he work hard up the ground can he be a Ryan okeefe or crows tom lynch type? Half forward flanker ? Tall midfielder?

What is Wooler going to be at afl level? 2nd key forward ? is he good enough in the air? 3rd tall forward ? Does he work hard up the ground can he be a Ryan okeefe or crows tom lynch type? Half forward flanker ? Tall midfielder?
Bit like a Jack Gunston, he is a very smart player with great skills and decision making, he is a decent overhead mark and very clean in all facets. Speed isn't great but it's still good enough, he works very very hard and gives multiple leads. Does his best work as a high forward

Hows Marshall going? He was one of the better forwards with ball low his knees in recent drafts. Was hoping he would slip to our second pick last year. He was top 5 material at one stage last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back