List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we didn’t have to pay him the full 3 years salary. We only have to pay an agreed settlement amount.

I’ve posted about my thoughts on Hannebery getting back to full fitness already. It’s a trade the Swans will regret eventually.
Saints have proven with Freeman that their rehab and physio programs are solid. I'm backing Hannerbery to be very good value for us and the catalyst for some other trades

Get it right Swans offered us Hannebery to relieve their salary cap problems and they new he is cooked and they have a huge salary on his head and he is not worth it. Fact. Why is every football commentator and journo all questioning Stkilda chasing Hanners as insane including Paul Roos who all watch footy every week and r better qualified to comment more than us. 17 other clubs don't want Hanners the alarm bells should be sounding loud and clear. Sydney r trying to screw us over but because Leathlean is a personal friend he is looking after him. Hanners adds another slow mid to our list that can't play another position. Look at North they needed pace like us and they will end up with Gaff for nothing and Polec for pick 11 that is getting the job done. This is why we will struggle we have no idea. We don't have to buckle to the Swans as he comes to us or stays and the Swans don't want him that is clear. Remember we can't get players back to their best just remember Freeman who was lightning fast and Jessie Smith neither could run any more.
ok

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

then why did you state this: "Keeping in mind we’d allocated somewhere in the ball park of $750k for Tippett over each of the next two years"

i would suggest offloading hanneberry and rohan, with rumours newman and lloyd will exit as well, tells me you are in need of an urgent cap dump! btw you aren't into Gaff, so its not that!

why would you off-load 4 required senior players when you were well and truly in the 8?

I meant that was what Tippett would have been paid if he’d played those 3 years, not once he retired. So whilst they still have to pay him a settlement amount, after that his salary will be otherwise empty cap space.

Club said they’d let Hannebery and Rohan explore options due to the reasons they’d provided, not sure who your other two are.

I am sure we’ve probably asked about Gaff, as 16 other clubs likely have too. But I agree that he’s probably not someone we’d actually be in to. I’ve argued we have some cap space, but I don’t think we have a war chest like some Vic clubs currently do. We’re more likely to target mid range players who fill a need for us

BTW: the real reason for Hanners sudden interest in returning to Vic is that he’s gone into p’ship in the fruit fly inspection franchise at Barnawatha.
Barny isn’t a fruit fly restriction zone. Mildura, Swan Hill and Kerang qualify...

Apologies for ruining your joke :drunk:

To be fair, I'm probably the person who made that shit up. Don't take it seriously, it's the rantings of a pessimistic mad man. He's had a reputation for partying in the past but he's so old and broken down now he's more likely to overdose on laxatives.
tumblr_nogjvqRzKq1t55xupo1_400.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get it right Swans offered us Hannebery to relieve their salary cap problems and they new he is cooked and they have a huge salary on his head and he is not worth it. Fact. Why is every football commentator and journo all questioning Stkilda chasing Hanners as insane including Paul Roos who all watch footy every week and r better qualified to comment more than us. 17 other clubs don't want Hanners the alarm bells should be sounding loud and clear. Sydney r trying to screw us over but because Leathlean is a personal friend he is looking after him. Hanners adds another slow mid to our list that can't play another position. Look at North they needed pace like us and they will end up with Gaff for nothing and Polec for pick 11 that is getting the job done. This is why we will struggle we have no idea. We don't have to buckle to the Swans as he comes to us or stays and the Swans don't want him that is clear. Remember we can't get players back to their best just remember Freeman who was lightning fast and Jessie Smith neither could run any more.

78856051af52652ae2d46d4a01ebbdf1.jpg

still tastes good

that is why players are leaving without any attempt by sydney to retain them, because their current and projected output does not meet their salary, so once you factor in they got underpaid this year and will be paid even more next year, it makes sense to move that on. make another club pay inflated prices for them. whilst you banked the savings.

EDIT: overpaid by 1.4m

Maybe that is the reason a lot of their players under performed in some matches, never had their heart in it. Imagine if your at work & some flog is injured but the boss said we’re taking $10,000 out of your pay, to look after him, how hard would you want to work?

Hannebery isn’t injured, he just got the shits (or daddy did) & wanted out. (hopefully) ;)

*Stay tuned for Gravs next edition of “Reasons & Logics” coming to a thread soon.:p

Just wondering what St Kilda supporters think is fair draft capital to give up. Have read up a bit on your board and it seems the view changes a lot based on can he be the 2016 version or will be be the 17/18 version.

So two questions
1. If he were the 16 version what would be be worth?
2. If hes the 17/18 version what is he worth?

My answers
1. If he's the 16 version I'd say he is probably worth pick 3 given that draft picks are never certainties. Theres plenty of drafts where supposed superstars ended up flopping although it happens a bit less for mids. I had a look at recent drafts and 2012 certainly had a few big failures up the top. Would come down to risk appetite but I think if Hanners were at the Saints in 16 and played like he did, the Swans would consider giving up pick 3. Not quite ever reached the super elite echelon in my view as his disposal has let him down from being there.
2. Second rounder or later given his salary as well.

Just wondering what St Kilda supporters think is fair draft capital to give up. Have read up a bit on your board and it seems the view changes a lot based on can he be the 2016 version or will be be the 17/18 version.

So two questions

My answers
1. If he's the 16 version I'd say he is probably worth pick 3 given that draft picks are never certainties. Theres plenty of drafts where supposed superstars ended up flopping although it happens a bit less for mids. I had a look at recent drafts and 2012 certainly had a few big failures up the top. Would come down to risk appetite but I think if Hanners were at the Saints in 16 and played like he did, the Swans would consider giving up pick 3. Not quite ever reached the super elite echelon in my view as his disposal has let him down from being there.

For me you are pretty much on the money with those answers, I do think he was worth a late 2nd round or early third round if we are paying 100% of his salary though, it is a fair risk and Sydney will benefit a lot getting that money off their books. If this was the NBA you would be paying us a lot to take it on hahaha, but that's comparing apples with oranges

So two questions

My answers
2016 Hannerbery is pick 3 with a 3rd or 4th rounder coming back.

2018 Hannerbery is a pick in the early 20s roughly

My answers

You are on the money with his value I reckon.

Unfortunately you can only base his worth on recent output, so over the last 2 seasons it’s the latter of 2 options above.

With our current draft position and lack of currency after pick 3 - I’d be offering future 2nd rounder for him and I’d be really disappointed if we split up pick 3 to get him.

You are on the money with his value I reckon.

Unfortunately you can only base his worth on recent output, so over the last 2 seasons it’s the latter of 2 options above.

With our current draft position and lack of currency after pick 3 - I’d be offering future 2nd rounder for him and I’d be really disappointed if we split up pick 3 to get him.
Trading a player at their lowest value is never ideal, but I don't think the Swans will accept a 2019 second rounder for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, Buddy has 4 years left of which we can only really expect the next couple to be at full output. Sydney want to challenge again whilst Franklin is there. Losing a key midfielder and receiving an 18 year old who won't play until 2020 is of no immediate benefit.

Secondly, I don't think Saints are as bad as the 2018 ladder suggests. A 2019 second rounder could end up pick 30 or later once you take in to account the usual compensation & priority pick scenarios. Sydney would be spewing if they lost Hannebery for something like pick 30.

I think if the trade does eventuate it will probably have a few pick swaps or players involved. I have full belief that Hannebery will return to fitness and St Kilda will comfortably win this trade, regardless of what the eventual swap includes.

I think if the trade does eventuate it will probably have a few pick swaps or players involved. I have full belief that Hannebery will return to fitness and St Kilda will comfortably win this trade, regardless of what the eventual swap includes.

Would you think this even if it was our 2018 first straight up? Just wondering where the point of "more beneficial to Sydney" comes in your mind.

St Kilda should pursue Hannebury. They should not overpay trade wise under any circumstances, considering the benefit to Sydney (salary cap) that is intrinsic to the offloading of Hannebury by Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back