Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh because a potential superstar 18 year old in a superdraft who can play for 15 years is a worse option than a 28 year old overrated one trick pony who will be lucky to stay on the park for 3 years as you tumble down the ladder further? Your list manager has no recruiting experience outside of he could play really well 20 years ago.

You guys are seriously ****ed.

Edit: and I forgot to mention tassie will scoop up the best talent as you are down the bottom of the ladder. You guys are seriously ****ed.
It's suppose to be a deep draft which means if you got a lot of players in the first 40 picks you should do better then a similar amount in a less deep draft. If you have a single pick in the top 3 it's nothing special.
You seem a bit salty, you should take a break.
The way I see it, is if we fall off a cliff so be it. We will help us get better picks sooner (hopefully not next year). But we should go all in while players like Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Cox, Mihocek, Elliott and Howe are still playing decent footy. It might not work, but this competition is all about premierships and you should never go half in on those.

Last edited:
I wonder why neither GC nor Port preferred to deal with North. Their first pick next year should be a good one.
Because Collingwood had something that GC wanted in Noble, and they wanted to dump Luko on Port for a good return, and pick 13 was central to that.
Port didn’t deal with North because Houston just didn’t want to go there and they couldn’t force him to, despite the empty threats.

Because Collingwood had something that GC wanted in Noble, and they wanted to dump Luko on Port for a good return, and pick 13 was central to that.
Port didn’t deal with North because Houston just didn’t want to go there and they couldn’t force him to, despite the empty threats.

Port had a better option called not trade Houston.

Port had a better option called not trade Houston.
Not sure that would have been a particularly good option given that Connors manages several of their high profile players including Butters.

You might be overlooking or underestimating the clout that player managers have in these deals these days.

Yeh because a potential superstar 18 year old in a superdraft who can play for 15 years is a worse option than a 28 year old overrated one trick pony who will be lucky to stay on the park for 3 years as you tumble down the ladder further? Your list manager has no recruiting experience outside of he could play really well 20 years ago.

You guys are seriously ****ed.

Edit: and I forgot to mention tassie will scoop up the best talent as you are down the bottom of the ladder. You guys are seriously ****ed.
When did Houston become a 28 year old?? You would be really glad he chose Collingwood over Carlton considering how shit you think he is, probably only needs 3 good years at the pies for two flags anyway 👍

St Kilda in the hunt? They have the picks now, should try and land this big fish, I think Houston would choose Saints over North as well.

Pick 8 for Houston then Port use the Pick to trade for Lukosis and 23?
Well I was in the ballpark but did t think it would go that way!

I think Lukosis could be special one day it’s a risk but could be ports best or worst trade.

2 1st rounders is just the going rate now for a star player who still has several years left on their deal. That's just reality.
haha reality. more like you traded Houston for Joe Richards lol.

Lukosius, Atkins are both worthless. And the 2 first rounders cancel each other out so you essentially traded him for peanuts. There's some reality for you.

3 months of Port fans talking him up telling Dees fans he's worth the same as Pickett. lol. Glad this thread will be over soon.

haha reality. more like you traded Houston for Joe Richards lol.

Lukosius, Atkins are both worthless. And the 2 first rounders cancel each other out so you essentially traded him for peanuts. There's some reality for you.

3 months of Port fans talking him up telling Dees fans he's worth the same as Pickett. lol. Glad this thread will be over soon.
Same day everyone screaming about pick 3 being traded, pick 2 from 2018 (one of the best drafts) is traded and it’s not enough…?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back