Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My biggest take from this has been learning Rory Atkins is still an AFL player.

Not just a contracted AFL player, but getting traded between clubs...

Port drove a hard bargain and got their man the ratkin

Cripps and Davies incompetence doesn't change me being right. Of course he is worth the same as Pickett.
Rubbish.

Pickett is worth far more than Houston.

There is a lot more footy left in a 23 year old Pickett than there is 27 year old Dan Houston..

And Pickett is far more dangerous a player than Dan.

If the crows gave up their pick 4 (and more) for pickett I would be thrilled.. for Dan Houston.. not so much..

Not that I think Dan isnt worth a high draft pick.. he is.. just that he’s not Pickett.

Pickett when he hits peak at around 25-28 years of age will be better than Dan is now.

What a beautiful day to be alive.
We got our man Dan, for a fair and reasonable price :p.

I am torn though, as I have options of what to do with my morning.

Do I have my coffee and scroll through the Collingwood board and enjoy the smiles?
Do I have my coffee and scroll through the Power board and enjoy the tears?

I didn't really care either way if we got Houston but the fact we got to take one of the best players from "that" club, just fills me with joy.

Anyway, it is going to be a great day no matter what 🥳

Nah, I agree with most Port supporters that they were ripped off on this trade.

More intriguing has been the responses of some Blues fans to missing out on Houston & then this battle with Pies over who has the best younger players...
Port got really ripped off, 3 players no where near Houston's current level, Houston was in Port's top 3 best players. The only thing they can rely on is their draft selection as a "possible" future compensation. Port should have tried to get a younger talent like they did in 2022 with Horne Francis through the trade.

What a beautiful day to be alive.
We got our man Dan, for a fair and reasonable price :p.

I am torn though, as I have options of what to do with my morning.

Do I have my coffee and scroll through the Collingwood board and enjoy the smiles?
Do I have my coffee and scroll through the Power board and enjoy the tears?

I didn't really care either way if we got Houston but the fact we got to take one of the best players from "that" club, just fills me with joy.

Anyway, it is going to be a great day no matter what 🥳
Collingwood definitely won that trade, Port got massively ripped off with their dud picks. Rory Atkins is over the hill, they're not going to get his 2017 performance. The other pick was a super fringe players in their mid 20s with little experience. Lukosius is the only one that's still good, but not at Houston's level.

Last edited:
People are forgetting Houston wanted to leave and Port were happy for him to go.

Read into that what you like but Port are more than happy.

Ken Hinkley Football GIF by Port Adelaide FC

Port did 'ok' out of it but could have done so much better keeping deals separate

Lukocious could have been gotten so much cheaper
Richards likewise. F3 territory there
Atkins doesn't count, who cares

Houston could have got 1st + 2nd or something also

They got the players they wanted so it's not a giant fail but could surely have been done way better

I think the AFL intervene behind the scenes on this kind of thing to keep all clubs happy and make sure all players get where they want. It's a laughable system really

Cripps and Davies incompetence doesn't change me being right. Of course he is worth the same as Pickett.

Ultimately a player's value is determined by what opposition clubs are prepared to pay.

Carlton initial offer of Pick 13 was the canary in the coal mine that Houston's value on the open market was going to be lower than they hoped.

I still suspect that Port thought Perryman was a done deal and because he was going to be a like for like replacement they encouraged Houston to explore his options thinking it would be a clever way to get back into the first round.

Perryman going to Collingwood most probably caught Port by surprise and by that time too much water had gone under the bridge to force Houston to stay.

That's about the only reason that makes sense as to why they didn't walk away from the trade.

Collingwood definitely won that trade, Port got massively ripped off with their dud picks. Rory Atkins is over the hill, they're not going to get his 2017 performance. The other pick was a super fringe players in their mid 20s with little experience. Lukosius is the only one that's still good, but not at Houston's level.
Whilst I agree Collingwood did well from the trade, Port were not massively ripped by the pies.
They got a first, 2 seconds and a player from us.
Yes it is unders but every club feels hard done by at some time.

Us with a certain young forward we lost to Geelong, Dogs with Bailey Smith, even the Dawson trade.
Whilst I am unsure of the Atkins move, Richards and Luko, will slot straight into their team.

I am just glad all teams got what they required.
Collingwood got Houston.
GC got Noble and cap relief
Power got pick 50 :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back