List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he find a Vic chick after spending 9 years in Adelaide. What were the Adelaide girls doing?!

Haha not too sure, but I'm pretty certain they met at Jack Silvagni's wedding last year.

We should trade everything to Carlton for Jack Silvagni

AND THEN SACK HIM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are holding firm and have every right to hold Dan to his contract because his reason for wanting to break this contract doesn't exactly tug at the heartstrings.

Over the years we've been a very fair club with trades for players wanting to return home, particularly in those circumstances where they are out of contract or have legitimate personal reasons. This one just doesn't quite fit the bill.

I think we will eventually let him go, i don't think he is coming back, there seems to be enough interest to suggest we will get compensated pretty well and make good out of a shit situation but it 100% has to be to the club that offers the best deal. If you are that desperate to be joined at the hip to your new girlfriend then you go to the club offering the best deal, the circumstances do not allow the player to make the choice here.

I want the club to show some balls but there is also big part of me that doesn't want him back and i only really want to hold him to his contract for the club to flex their muscles but the situation with Houston does seem untenable now dare i say.

yeah they wont give up both

Cal Twomey is the most credible journo, carlton is definitely back in the mix though

He is never wrong
They don't have anything else to give, so I don't believe they're in the mix at all, unless we find a 2nd rounder to send back their way that they are happy with, but I doubt it. They'll take those picks to the draft.

North Melbourne has offered its future first round pick for gold coasts pick 13 + more draft capital as well

Gold Coast will today decide whether it pulls the pin on a complex multi-club, multi-player trade that has pick 13 and Dan Houston’s future as its centrepieces.

The Suns are giving serious consideration to aborting the protracted negotiations with Collingwood and Port Adelaide and doing separate deals for Jack Lukosius, John Noble and pick 13 – as well as acquiring Dan Rioli from Richmond.

It’s understood the main reason the Suns would abort the complex three-way trade is because North Melbourne has blown rivals out of the water for Gold Coast’s pick 13.

The Kangaroos’ enthusiasm in getting that pick has grown significantly since Melbourne pulled out of the running by doing a deal with Essendon for pick 9.

North Melbourne has a future first round pick on the table for Gold Coast’s pick 13, but has now added more draft capital on top of that future pick that will most likely be high at the end of 2025.
A North, GC, Port 3-way makes a lot more sense, there's a lot more picks to play with there.

Gold Coast
North Melbourne
6, 13, 23, 29, 41, 50, 78, 84
2, 25, 44, 62, 80

And both have their futures in tact.

Maybe some variation on this

PORT
OUT: Houston, 39
IN: 13, 25, Lukosius

NORTH
OUT: F1 & 25
IN: Houston & 39

GC
OUT: 13 & Lukosius
IN: F1

GC would probably want a little more which could probably be achieved with points for them to match the bid for their man.

A North, GC, Port 3-way makes a lot more sense, there's a lot more picks to play with there.

Gold Coast
North Melbourne
6, 13, 23, 29, 41, 50, 78, 84
2, 25, 44, 62, 80

And both have their futures in tact.

Maybe some variation on this

PORT
OUT: Houston, 39
IN: 13, 25, Lukosius

NORTH
OUT: F1 & 25
IN: Houston & 39

GC
OUT: 13 & Lukosius
IN: F1

GC would probably want a little more which could probably be achieved with points for them to match the bid for their man.
None of this works unfortunately. North are reportedly already offering their F1 flat for 13, so this deal just has Gold Coast effectively giving us Luko for free. And even without that factor, we're not getting 13 AND Luko AND a pick upgrade on top for Houston.

You'll believe a man can talk out of his arse

Oh My God Omg GIF by Schitt's Creek

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back