List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I’m struggling with this, it’s just not a good enough reason for me.

Seems pretty knee jerk to me.

If there was ever a situation for a club to dig their heels in it’s this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mate the power of a female can make a man do strange things.
Men will steal ever murder for it so a footy contract means bugger all when you look at it that way.

Mate the power of a female can make a man do strange things.
Men will steal ever murder for it so a footy contract means bugger all when you look at it that way.
070a8af0-f88e-4687-bab9-3ec0de5090fb_text.gif

Dan: (staring at the ground, voice tense) Claire, it’s an incredible offer. A massive paycheck to play for the North Melbourne Kangaroos. I’d be back in Melbourne, and we could finally start our life together.

Claire: (crossing her arms, frustration simmering) But it’s North Melbourne, Dan! You’ve always said you’d never play for them. Why take the money if it means sacrificing your integrity?

Dan: (sighing, looking away) I don’t know! It feels… complicated. The money could set us up, but the thought of wearing that jersey makes my stomach turn.

Claire: (leaning closer, searching his eyes) So what is it? Is it just about the money?

Dan: (voice wavering) It’s not just that! I mean, who wouldn’t want financial security? But every time I think about being on that field, it feels like a betrayal.

Claire: (standing up, pacing) A betrayal to who? To the team? To yourself? It sounds like you’re torn, and I don’t understand why.

Dan: (frustrated, running a hand through his hair) I wish I could explain! It’s just… playing for them feels like giving in. Like I’d be compromising everything I’ve worked for.

Claire: (stopping, arms crossed tightly) But what about us? If this is your chance to come back home, why can’t you just embrace it?

Dan: (looking conflicted) Because it’s not just about being home! It’s about being true to myself. I don’t want to look back one day and regret choosing money over passion.

Claire: (voice softening, but still unsure) So you’d rather stay away than play for a team you despise?

Dan: (pleading, eyes intense) It’s not that simple! I want to be with you, but I don’t want to wear their colors. I feel trapped between what I need and what I want.

Claire: (frustrated but understanding) I see that, but what if you end up resenting me for holding you back?

Dan: (taking a deep breath, his voice barely above a whisper) I could never resent you, Claire. You’re my everything. But this feels like a crossroads I didn’t see coming.

Claire: (taking a step closer, her heart aching) Dan, we can figure this out. Is there really no other way to get back to Melbourne without sacrificing who you are?

Dan: (shaking his head, pain etched across his face) I wish there was. It’s just… the money could change everything for us, but I can’t shake this feeling that it would change me too.

Claire: (tears in her eyes, her voice trembling) So, what do we do? Do we just let this opportunity slip away, or do we take the risk?

Dan: (holding her gaze, conflicted) I don’t know. I want to say yes to us, but I can’t ignore this knot in my stomach. It feels like a betrayal to even consider it.

Claire: (sighing, frustration mingling with love) You have to make a choice, Dan. I love you, but I can’t watch you sell your soul for something you don’t believe in.

Dan: (voice breaking) But what if this is the only way back to you? I just… I don’t know how to choose.

Claire: (taking his hands, desperation in her voice) Then let’s choose together. Let’s find a way that honors both your heart and your future.

Dan: (looking into her eyes, hope flickering) Together… maybe we can find another path.

Claire: (nodding, a mix of relief and fear in her expression) Yes, let’s do that. Just promise me you won’t lose sight of who you are in the process.

Dan: (pulling her into an embrace) I promise. You’re my anchor, Claire. I won’t let go.

Dan: (staring at the ground, voice tense) Claire, it’s an incredible offer. A massive paycheck to play for the North Melbourne Kangaroos. I’d be back in Melbourne, and we could finally start our life together.

Claire: (crossing her arms, frustration simmering) But it’s North Melbourne, Dan! You’ve always said you’d never play for them. Why take the money if it means sacrificing your integrity?

Dan: (sighing, looking away) I don’t know! It feels… complicated. The money could set us up, but the thought of wearing that jersey makes my stomach turn.

Claire: (leaning closer, searching his eyes) So what is it? Is it just about the money?

Dan: (voice wavering) It’s not just that! I mean, who wouldn’t want financial security? But every time I think about being on that field, it feels like a betrayal.

Claire: (standing up, pacing) A betrayal to who? To the team? To yourself? It sounds like you’re torn, and I don’t understand why.

Dan: (frustrated, running a hand through his hair) I wish I could explain! It’s just… playing for them feels like giving in. Like I’d be compromising everything I’ve worked for.

Claire: (stopping, arms crossed tightly) But what about us? If this is your chance to come back home, why can’t you just embrace it?

Dan: (looking conflicted) Because it’s not just about being home! It’s about being true to myself. I don’t want to look back one day and regret choosing money over passion.

Claire: (voice softening, but still unsure) So you’d rather stay away than play for a team you despise?

Dan: (pleading, eyes intense) It’s not that simple! I want to be with you, but I don’t want to wear their colors. I feel trapped between what I need and what I want.

Claire: (frustrated but understanding) I see that, but what if you end up resenting me for holding you back?

Dan: (taking a deep breath, his voice barely above a whisper) I could never resent you, Claire. You’re my everything. But this feels like a crossroads I didn’t see coming.

Claire: (taking a step closer, her heart aching) Dan, we can figure this out. Is there really no other way to get back to Melbourne without sacrificing who you are?

Dan: (shaking his head, pain etched across his face) I wish there was. It’s just… the money could change everything for us, but I can’t shake this feeling that it would change me too.

Claire: (tears in her eyes, her voice trembling) So, what do we do? Do we just let this opportunity slip away, or do we take the risk?

Dan: (holding her gaze, conflicted) I don’t know. I want to say yes to us, but I can’t ignore this knot in my stomach. It feels like a betrayal to even consider it.

Claire: (sighing, frustration mingling with love) You have to make a choice, Dan. I love you, but I can’t watch you sell your soul for something you don’t believe in.

Dan: (voice breaking) But what if this is the only way back to you? I just… I don’t know how to choose.

Claire: (taking his hands, desperation in her voice) Then let’s choose together. Let’s find a way that honors both your heart and your future.

Dan: (looking into her eyes, hope flickering) Together… maybe we can find another path.

Claire: (nodding, a mix of relief and fear in her expression) Yes, let’s do that. Just promise me you won’t lose sight of who you are in the process.

Dan: (pulling her into an embrace) I promise. You’re my anchor, Claire. I won’t let go.
Good post.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back