List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is a direct quote I was given last night by someone involved in the negotiation process with Collingwood. I didn't want to post it, but given Leppitsch's smug interview on Trade Radio I feel it is appropriate:

"Leppitsch is an arrogant fück, and I hate arrogant fücks."

Safe to say Leppitsch won't be getting a Christmas card from anyone at Alberton.
So safe to say he won’t be going to the pies?

Likely is speculation. The ladder is close, there was 3 wins separating the premier Brisbane in 5th and Melbourne who finished 14th. We were 7-1 in close games and are losing an All Australian player. Maybe our pick next year is 12-15 but there's downside risk and selling on that is speculation.

Whenever you're dealing with future picks you are speculating on future performances.
History shows that this team is highly unlikely to bottom out. Hence, that 12-15 range is a reasonable expectation of where the pick will sit. When you consider Academy and F/S selections, that will be much closer to pick 20.

A trade along the lines of Port's future 1 going out and Lukosius and a 2nd round pick in this year's draft coming back would be a good result imo.

Too much lol.

Pick 13 will become like 15-16. Pick 23 will push into the high 20's.

That's a terrible deal for Port, and amazing trading from Collingwood to get a player of Dan's calibre in for 2 unlikely to be successful picks. Just crazy they'd even try to argue that.

What should be being said is "We have offered 13, 23 & Richards, but we don't have much else to trade of value and feel that's about the end of what we can offer"

Then we go to North and say that deal is insuficient, what can you offer.

I think Carlton are out of it. They don't have enough to get the deal done. It needs to be 12 and 14 or we move on.

Here is a direct quote I was given last night by someone involved in the negotiation process with Collingwood. I didn't want to post it, but given Leppitsch's smug interview on Trade Radio I feel it is appropriate:

"Leppitsch is an arrogant fück, and I hate arrogant fücks."

Safe to say Leppitsch won't be getting a Christmas card from anyone at A
If that's the case stuff Collingwood. It's north or he stays if his partner is desperate to go back to melb. Then he needs to suck it up and go to north.
Hopefully Chewy the next quote your given is somewhere along the lines of 'Ken is an arrogant **** were going to **** him off'

So safe to say he won’t be going to the pies?

I wouldn't go that far, yet. But this is much more complex than Collingwood anticipated. Should also be noted that this is Leppitsch's first year as list manager so he's never brokered a deal of this magnitude, and that inexperience could potentially cost him from acquiring Houston.

If things pivot to North, they'll get a deal done. Much less obstacles there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would had thought after the Ben Jacobs and JHF trades that north Melbourne would be viewed as the better club to deal with

The JHF was actually pretty straight forward. That was a perceived shitshow simply because the North fan base was irate. But the pure negotiations between Cripps and Rawlings was smooth sailing.

Who would had thought after the Ben Jacobs and JHF trades that north Melbourne would be viewed as the better club to deal with

I think the JHF deal was actually pretty reasonable for both parties. I know the players and fans and media carried on like pork chops, but i'm pretty sure the list managers would get along.

So with this logic, if 13, 23 and Richards is over.. they expect to get Houston for 13 and Richards

They don't really, they're trying to convince us that they are paying overs. It's all posturing.

Carlton have handed over their future first- and second-round picks to receive No.14, which could be the key asset to deliver Port Adelaide’s back-to-back All-Australian to Ikon Park.

The Blues will now have picks 12 and 14, one of which could be dangled to the Power, given they still want to invest at the top of this year’s highly touted and deep draft. They will need to add something else on top to force Port’s hand.

Whenever you're dealing with future picks you are speculating on future performances.
History shows that this team is highly unlikely to bottom out. Hence, that 12-15 range is a reasonable expectation of where the pick will sit. When you consider Academy and F/S selections, that will be much closer to pick 20.

A trade along the lines of Port's future 1 going out and Lukosius and a 2nd round pick in this year's draft coming back would be a good result imo.
I’m comfortable with that for the Lukosius deal, moreso if it’s pick 23 not pick 29.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back