List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol it's not Houston's fault we're so pissweak.
He's pissweak, there should be no trade request. It's a 1 hour flight. Driving to Noarlunga is worse.

So would you prefer to piss off one of the biggest management groups in the game which will impact your ability to get their clients in the coming years? Or would you rather take a little less now to keep that bridge intact?
I would call Paul Connors' mother a whore to his face before I agreed to this trade.

We've been 'taking a little less to get looked after down the track' every year for as long as I can remember. Guess what. We never get looked after down the track.

Chewy316 this BS that your sprewking about 'the gamesmanship' etc is just club spin. If the deal reported by Twomey comes to fruition then we are seriously pathetic. Can you imagine if you Houston played for Geelong and it was us trying to get him in how it would play out?
I suspect this has been leaked to reduce the supporter expectation with the real deal being marginally better in the hope it's more palatable.
Bottom line is our negotiating is weak. All along we should have been dealing solely with North for pick 2. If North weren't happy that fine, he stays at Port Adelaide. F*ck I'm getting angry just typing this.

He's pissweak, there should be no trade request. It's a 1 hour flight. Driving to Noarlunga is worse.
Yeah too right, what happened to we love Kenny, you are contracted Dan, I'm sure your manager played hard ball to get that nice contract with Port, now you don't care if you let your team mates down, oh and Kenny.

It's a request. It's not even a demand, he said he's happy to come back if the deal doesn't fall through. We could just say no. The fact that we didn't is entirely our fault, not his.

Even in the most optimistic scenario (lol), we've turned next year's 18 into this year's 13. A 5 pick upgrade.

Dan "not leaving for less than 2 first rounders" Houston is going for Lukosius (worth a second rounder to everyone but us, but we'll soon this to say he's worth a first), so we're valuing Richards, Atkins and 29 as a first? Lol **** me that's abysmal even by our own abysmal standards

Out: 2024 1st, 2025 1st, Dan Houston
In: Ivan Soldo, Esava Ratugolea, Jack Lukosius, 2024 pick 13, chaff.

If you break it down it's 3 fringe players and chaff for Dan Houston and a first.

If you break it down it's 3 fringe players and chaff for Dan Houston and a first.
Yeah but I'm sure Geelong will give us a first rounder for Jed McEntee or something next year because we're always such great blokes at the trade table.

Its fk**n disgusting and I dare say a new coach 2 years ago would've wanted to build his own list with the young core we have now. But we instead mortgaged our future for a bunch of spuds that will set us back years.

Comparing just the picks in isolation probably a net gain given talk of compromised draft in 2025. So Atkins thrown in because we can never win.

Leaves Houston for Richards and Lukosius. I wouldn't be doing that deal.

Club must be seriously concerned that Lord won't come on and Marshall highly doubtful.

Ratugolea playing forward is amateur hour and will never win you a prelim let alone a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. If he was willing to go to Norf we would come out of this ok.
But he doesn’t want to, and Port won’t look Daniel in the eye and say you are being traded to North. No one at the club has the courage to make decisions like this. It’s been evident for years. Daniel had a preference and Port have honored it. That is not Daniel’s fault.

I’m disgusted by Daniel’s club of choice as much as any of you, but Port have seemingly allowed this farce to play out.

When Geelong took a GC salary dump they were given a first rounder in return. We get to lose a first rounder instead. If there was any fairness in this competition taking Atkins would negate any need to give up a pick for Lukosius.

As it stands instead we are putting Collingwood back into their window for a first in the teens and two low seconds, just so we can stay sweet with a player manager. **** that, for once we are in a position where we can do what's best for Port.

And what's this obsession with giving away next year's pick every year? Next years could be quite a good one...

Gee it'll be great to get bent over in trade yet again just so one day we might end up getting one favourable trade sometime in the future

Chewy316 if you really do have an in, you should get them to read this thread and see how ****ing furious our fans are and how confused every other teams fans are as to why the club would ever in a million years do this deal. Maybe it's not too late for them to see some sense. Have they not pissed off the fans enough?

They hate next year's draft. 7 of the top 18 players apparently are academy or F/S selections, and it's no where near as strong in terms of depth.

They're still not sure whether they're going to accept the deal - but it's trending that way.

Port have been fücked over by Paul Connors and the political feud between Gold Coast and Richmond.

I get the vibe that Port allowed Paul Connors and Cùnt Sport Management I mean, Connors Sport Management to fück them over.

You simply don’t trade your 2x AA players that are part of your leadership group to your direct rival, especially after the shenanigans that their list manager has done.

I don’t care about any feud between GC and the Tigers; if GC wants Rioli, they pay up for him.

The AGM can’t come quick enough apart from Tredders; they all deserve a pitchfork to the head, and you can rely on my message to the people that you talk to, Chewy. Thank you, mate.

Last edited:
Chewy316 this BS that your sprewking about 'the gamesmanship' etc is just club spin. If the deal reported by Twomey comes to fruition then we are seriously pathetic. Can you imagine if you Houston played for Geelong and it was us trying to get him in how it would play out?
I suspect this has been leaked to reduce the supporter expectation with the real deal being marginally better in the hope it's more palatable.
Bottom line is our negotiating is weak. All along we should have been dealing solely with North for pick 2. If North weren't happy that fine, he stays at Port Adelaide. F*ck I'm getting angry just typing this.
Most Footy related things we do is a joke, I'm sorta getting used to it. These are the types of decisions that will make sure Port is always the poor cousin in SA, oh well someone once said, you get what you deserve.

We're about to eat shit including trading out an F1 for the second consecutive season. It's listbreaking at this point. We're never getting looked after down the track.

Ah the ever mythical “we will get looked after down the track”

It’s a story as old as hinkleys tenure.

I wonder when this fabled “down the track” will arrive and what riches it will bring.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back