List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

saw your comment earlier so went to see the wce board and how they would react. took a while but 'ah yep now it's there.. :tearsofjoy:

You can BET that that absolute weasel Connors leaked this to try and put pressure on port to accept it as it was out there as news.

That's more likely than not.

Port where absolutely clear that another end of 1st pick was required.

Wouldn't be shocked if Carlton made a call to Port to blow up negotiations with Collingwood.

Collingwood never had the draft capital for Dan. They can weasel their way into Pick 13, losing their F1, with Noble trade, but this leaves them with no future 1st, and they’d need both.

As Richard’s is a pick 40 at best - they have to be willing to trade someone of value, like Mcreary who would be a good fit for us. SA lad.

Then you have a decent trade.

Houston for Pick 13, Mcreery and Richard’s.

Collingwood never had the draft capital for Dan. They can weasel their way into Pick 13, losing their F1, with Noble trade, but this leaves them with no future 1st, and they’d need both.

As Richard’s is a pick 40 at best - they have to be willing to trade someone of value, like Mcreary who would be a good fit for us. SA lad.

McCreery is a SA lad with a very Melbourne girlfriend, he's not leaving Vic anytime soon (plus he loves it at the Pies).

Yep, Collingwood's lack of capital is the issue. They don't really have anything else to give, we'd have to convince Gold Coast to take a 1st round hit for that trade to go through. Not sure why either Carlton or Collingwood got involved when they had nowhere near enough or weren't willing to spend it.

The Collingwood board seems like a mix between people who are surprised we didn't take a good deal and others who agree that it was a terrible deal for us.

We'd better not add a 3rd rounder in and accept that deal ffs. It's so far off acceptable, it's just donating a star player with 3 years on his deal to Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a player at another club and was told that I was to be traded to Port I think I would stand out of footy.

What player who is serious about winning a flag would come to Port when making finals is good enough, plus having to join a cult jizz fest.
Yeah, it would be much better going to St. Kilda, or North, or Freo, or Gold Coast, or Carlton, or Essendon, or Adelaide, or Western Bulldogs, or GWS 🤔

It's basically the same deal they've been saying for over a week but they've thrown in a extra pick to us to take Atkins. We will have him for one year as depth and then probably delist him if he is no good. His stats in the VFL suggest he actually would provide depth. We are losing Houston, it's time to come to terms with that, and we failed to land either Perryman or Cumming, so we are going to be rolling the dice next year and hoping like hell players like Sinn or Williams pull their fingers out.
Williams won't make it. He's too slow.

has the deal been done yet? I'm just saying lets hold fire until the deal is lodged.

And everyone keeps saying North have offered more but have they really? What they are prepared to give us seems vague.

Yes this was the time to dig in, given the circumstances and the contract, but realistically it rarely happens. I've always though he was going, but we should be dealing with the club prepared to offer us the best deal.

I don't think Dan has made things as easy for us as he said he would. I'm more annoyed at him than the club.
Players never do, the club should have anticipated that. So who are you connected with at the club?

They hate next year's draft. 7 of the top 18 players apparently are academy or F/S selections, and it's no where near as strong in terms of depth.

They're still not sure whether they're going to accept the deal - but it's trending that way.

Port have been fücked over by Paul Connors and the political feud between Gold Coast and Richmond.
Port have been f*cked over all their Afl life. Always someone else fault.

So would you prefer to piss off one of the biggest management groups in the game which will impact your ability to get their clients in the coming years? Or would you rather take a little less now to keep that bridge intact?
Here we go again. So the big Vic clubs never p*ss off the player management groups. Keep protecting them Chewy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back