News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Player managers , rule the trades and clubs are shit scared to take them on, as you will get royally screwed at some stage in the future. Watch Bulldogs get done over by Geelong with the Smith trade, they wont dare force him to psd because of what could happen later.
How is what's going to happen later literally what happened to port right now?

No it really wasn't. Dan Houston missing was the biggest factor in Geelong and Sydney creating a massive amount of turn overs when we won the ball.
Sydney scored almost their entire score off of turnovers. After Port had won the ball. And we've just traded out our best ball user for shit.
I would go coaching first and then midfield problems second. Shout out TeeKray.

In the Sydney game, 8 of the more obvious goals were 4 to Boak, 2 to Burton IIRC and 2 with Rat's man running off him. Not really our defensive players but duds who shouldn't be playing in the team. Burton is a defender but not accountable, I know.

We bagged Justin Leppitsch as the worst Trade Manager in the history of the AFL. But we've ended up making him look like a mastermind. Shame on this club. I am done with them

This deal to me is basically a contracted Houston for a contracted Luko and swap our F1 for 13 and 29.

Different players but at least Luko is a good kick, not as good as Dan but above average.

The rest is all steak knives stuff. Richards and Atkins wont do much.

Luko is 3 years younger than Houston. 2018 v 2015 draftees. Dan has had 2 big season All Oz and 2022 was 3rd in our B&F. Need Luko to deliver what Dan has in the last 3 years over the next 3, to break even.

Balancing that equation you’d cancel out 13 and F1 leaving us with Houston = Luko + 29, which is absolute piss considering the “position of strength” we were supposedly in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel legitimately queasy at the thought of Rory Atkins in a port Guernsey.

It's really soured the whole thing.

The deal would have been unironically better without him.

He's like addition via subtraction

I am looking forward to seeing how the club spin this disaster.
We have to factor in that Houston is suspended for Round 1. So his value drops a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back