News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

He said Dan is the reason they had to accept unders

that + what Chewy said --> sounds like Dan said/did something in the past 24 hours that made it untenable
Yeah from rumours going around, his character is a little questionable, sounds a bit like a spoiled child imo.

Why does any of this surprise us, we turn to water in finals, we have players announcing their love for Hinkley, we get bent over in trades. Finals is a pass mark, we hire from within and the most disgusting thing is the club smacks their own supporters. Bastards if we boo, fickle, unapprecative, white noise.

Why do we even support this cult. I will not renew my membership until the lot of them are gone.

Mathew Richardson, you would be the weakest CEO Port Adelaide have ever had,
you are not even fit enough to be manager of a Hungry Jacks franchise and should be ashamed how the club standards and ruthlessness have evaporated into the circus we now have.

Last edited:
Have stayed away from trade period this year cos I can't handle all the dross but now I check back in to see Port has traded Houston for 3 VFL players plus 29? And one of them is literal delist material Atkins?

It doesn't make sense. It's not even remotely consumerate with his worth. It reads like a BF nuffy trade where 3 spuds add up to one first rounder.

There's got to be a pick missing, otherwise trading players in the AFL has just become a farce where it's impossible to get anywhere near fair value for a contracted player (if that player is going to the wrong club i.e. a big Vic club).

the future 1st is the part I hate the most, as soon as we added in ratboy that should've made it a future 2nd. pathetic trade, pathetic fight from a pathetic club
And now of course we'll have to do the same again next year as our first pick won't be until the mid 20s...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If Dan didn't leave this year, our chances of having selections at the top end of this draft, that reality wasn't going to be where we were going to be in this draft."

- Chris Davies

So in other words, because you (collectively) mortgaged our future last year to protect Hinkley you screwed up?

Presumably we knew then that this year's draft was one we'd want to be in?
·

How is it a joke?

We're respecting Dan's wishes and employing due diligence to explore trade options. Dan is aware if we can't get fair compensation then he stays in SA, which has been the club's position from the outset.

I'm honestly not sure how it could be any less of a joke.

TBH I’m not sure how this couldn’t be any more of a joke.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everything I have hated and laughed about going back to Glenelg, Centrals and now the Crows, the Port Adelaide Football club has now become and I would go as far to say even worse. Imagine anyone at the club ever saying finals is a pass mark and we achieved that.
This is something the current North and West Coast sides would say, coming off a low base.

This club is like a ****ing bowl of porridge.

Don’t really understand what he is saying. He seems confused
I think he's just trying to say that the current situation of players 'wanting' to leave because of 'family reasons' despite being contracted is an outright farce, and the club should be able to straight up say no (and no means no). I suspect the Players Association these days sees that as being unjust and treating the player poorly.

I can't remember if JHF was contracted when we got him?

Davies can't just straight up bag the system without City Hall getting their corrupt integrity(lol) unit swinging in for a please explain. I dislike him as much as anyone else, however.

Do we have a first round pick on next year's draft? Or we gonna have to trade someone again to try get into that?
We're gonna grab a new interest free credit card next year, and just transfer the debt across. Then we'll hit cash converters to make sure we can pay the interest...

Do we have a first round pick on next year's draft? Or we gonna have to trade someone again to try get into that?
Nope we don't.
We'll have to get rid of someone else ...
Maybe we'll trade Butters for pick 15 and some VFL spud for SANFL depth or something.
Gotta build the squad up on the run bro

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back