Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

All the players couldn’t tie Houston’s boots
Newman isnt Houston but he's not a bum. Nor are Docherty or Saad.

We also have considerable depth in the position with some good young kids coming through in that role too.

I don't want to discredit Houston but he's just not a player I can see us selling the farm for. Hope he goes to North who are more desperate for a feel good story and we go to the draft if he's going to cost 2 firsts.

Should be an easy trade. Pick 11 plus steak knives. But because of the teams involved, it won't be.

The thread should be fun. Hopefully we can find out know how old he is and how many AA's he has.

Should be an easy trade. Pick 11 plus steak knives. But because of the teams involved, it won't be.

The thread should be fun. Hopefully we can find out know how old he is and how many AA's he has.
Steak knives is a really weird description of a second first round pick.

Pick 11 is every chance of being more beneficial to our list given the players in that range and the holes in our list. Can't see us giving it up

Unfortunately that isn't quite right, we struggle to transition because our midfield is full of slow bulls who can't get separation on transition so we rely on curnow, tdk, McKay to take pack marks.
Spot on - Houston would be an ego hit - in the end a waste of currency in more ways than one.

Saad, Newman, Cincotta, Boyd, developing - Cowan, Wilson.

Not a great position for Power - he clearly wants to leave.

God no wonder Port are already sick of dealing with Carlton if this is how their supporters are acting
Houston would be a minor upgrade on our half backs.

Pick 11 could be a significant upgrade on our dog shite small forwards within a year or two of playing.

Houston is a better player but a good small forward in the draft who can impact year 1 would be a more substantial improvement to our list. Ours are simply awful.

Pick 11 is every chance of being more beneficial to our list given the players in that range and the holes in our list. Can't see us giving it up
Unless you use pick 11 you won't have enough to get the deal done. Your F1 is only worth pick 20 at best in this this draft. If you can somehow get someone to overpay for it, Kennedy and Owies, then you'll get close. But I can't see that happening.

Unless you use pick 11 you won't have enough to get the deal done. Your F1 is only worth pick 20 at best in this this draft. If you can somehow get someone to overpay for it, Kennedy and Owies, then you'll get close. But I can't see that happening.
Hence why we're reportedly trying to trade for GCS Pick 12.

F1 + 31 for Pick 12

Pick 12 + Owies/Steak knives of some sort for Houston

Not saying that gets a deal across the line but I think that would be our final offer.

As others have said, luxury... Not a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F1 + 31 for Pick 12

Not saying that gets a deal across the line but I think that would be our final offer.

There is no way they accept that. The steak knives need to be like pick 20.

Given how this has started it does seem like he either needs to get comfortable with playing for the Roos or staying.

F1 + 31 for Pick 12

Pick 12 plus steak knives would be fine. But your valuation of your F1 isn't. Everyone wants pick 12 and someone will offer much more than that for it. GC do some crazy stuff, but we saw last year what they were able to turn pick 5 into.

There is no way they accept that. The steak knives need to be like pick 20.

Given how this has started it does seem like he either needs to get comfortable with playing for the Roos or staying.
Then he's off to the Roos or going back to the Power.

Blues aren't in a position to pay that much for a half back with such glaring issues elsewhere on the ground.

If Houston was a small forward or goal kicking mid we'd probably have no issue paying up, but he's just in a position that's not in that dire need for us.

Then he's off to the Roos or going back to the Power.

Blues aren't in a position to pay that much for a half back with such glaring issues elsewhere on the ground.

If Houston was a small forward or goal kicking mid we'd probably have no issue paying up, but he's just in a position that's not in that dire need for us.
You that but they seem to.be trying to move a lot of pieces around to make it work

Pick 12 plus steak knives would be fine. But your valuation of your F1 isn't. Everyone wants pick 12 and someone will offer much more than that for it. GC do some crazy stuff, but we saw last year what they were able to turn pick 5 into.
Possibly, I think it would be around market value in terms of a trade but this draft is quite highly rated so maybe it takes a bit more idk.

You that but they seem to.be trying to move a lot of pieces around to make it work
To me screams of Voss wanting one thing and the list team wanting another.

I think we can get both done if we can successfully shed Kennedy, Owies, Young and Carroll to get some extra picks. If not I think we'll leave Houston at the alter and hit the draft with what we've got.

F1 + 31 for Pick 12

Port literally called Carlton delusional for suggesting that deal. No point even suggesting that in here. Won’t happen

if Melbourne circle around and chase Houston, I'm done with my club. Even some dees supporters seem to be delusional enough to think that this would be a good decision. A future 1 is going to be a top 5 pick next year. We need to go full rebuild.

We've lost Neal-Bullen, and bringing in Tom Campbell and Wade Derksen. For heaven's sake. How has Tim lamb still got a job!

Yeah, let's trade in a gun because we think we're in the premiership window despite Oliver going off the rails, Petracca disgruntled and will be a distraction all year, May slowing down, Gawn a few years left, still no key forward to help Van Rooyen. The fact that we even chased Houston should mean that Tim Lamb should be instantly sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back