Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 3-4 elite years for a team not in premiership contention for pick 2, what are you smoking? North will split pick 2 for 2 1st rounders and give around pick 10 for him which is fair value.

If North aren't in finals contention within 3 years they should fold.

3 years time Sheezel, Wardlaw, Comben etc will all be on close to 100+ games. McKercher and Duursma close to 50.

Houston helps them up the ladder. He turns a few close losses to wins on his own.

Pick 2 for Houston seems fair. Maybe Port sending back a future 2nd.

You would hope pick 2 ends up being a multiple AA in the future. Houston pretty much guarantees it.

North will get 3-4 elite years out of him. Maybe another 2-3 more serviceable years before he pulls the plug at which point the kids should be taking over.

Clarkson needs a general in the backline. Here he is.
Troll

You have been screaming for senior talent. Good ones.

The Zac Fishers and Tuckers of the world aren't going to elevate your list.

This is a 2x AA in a premium position (arguably one of the most important positions in modern footy) where you have a massive gap in talent. A geniune gun defender who is elite on the rebound.

He would instantly get you from 2-3 win seasons to 5-6. North need to get out of the bottom 4 ASAP.

There is going to be a lost generation of supporters if you don't start winning. I'm afraid there is probably already damage done. I know so many North mates who's kids have lost interest in footy. They will come back hopefully in time when North contend but there will be some who are lost forever.

North aren't a big club. You can't afford to be on the bottom for a long time and it's already been long enough.

Time to bite the bullet and get some actual difference makers.

Ahh no, if we don't want to pay what Port want and decide to go the draft instead, then you likely get something decent from North. Don't see what the issue is. We'd like him but he isn't a massive priority if the cost is too high by all reports. That's just how these things go.
No problama: nothing here, move on.

Pick 2 for Houston seems fair. Maybe Port sending back a future 2nd.

You would hope pick 2 ends up being a multiple AA in the future. Houston pretty much guarantees it.

North will get 3-4 elite years out of him. Maybe another 2-3 more serviceable years before he pulls the plug at which point the kids should be taking over.

Clarkson needs a general in the backline. Here he is.
Based on the member q&a video last night, they’re earmarking p2 for “the pointy end of the draft” and “open” to using f1 for “the right experienced player” or for picks in this years draft.

Motlop was a far better footballer than Ben Jacobs. We just got our noses out of joint because we totally ****ed up picking Ben Jacobs in the first round and North refused to give us anything for him which was just about what he was worth.
We offered a pick in the thirties for Ben Jacobs, not nothing. It was a fair offer. But Port sooked and knocked it back. Ben ended up having to go to the draft - where we picked him up with the same pick we offered in a trade.

Clarko may have a lot of influence over this. Already met with Houston personally.

I bet he'd love Houston at his disposal next year that another 18 year old.

Clarkson is feeling the pressure. He can't afford another year of bottom 4.

Clarko may have a lot of influence over this. Already met with Houston personally.

I bet he'd love Houston at his disposal next year that another 18 year old.
No doubt... but the bigger issue is I doubt Houston will want to move to a non-contending club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is infact North he picks, it'll just be a direct swap for Freos pick 9.

North will trade to get their hands on that pick and ontrade it for DH.

I think that's getting close to getting it done with some other picks swaps. It makes more sense than giving up your future first.

A good example of where each year is different. Pick 9 this year has more value than last year or next year.

I think Port would end up trading for a single figure pick as the core of the deal (say 6-9). Just a matter of who can get such a pick.

Based on the member q&a video last night, they’re earmarking p2 for “the pointy end of the draft” and “open” to using f1 for “the right experienced player” or for picks in this years draft.
l would be offer Poort our F1st pick ,or, Freo our F1st for their pick#9 then ontrade that to Poort for Houston...Keeping our Pick#2 for us or split for another deal with someone else if needed..Freo will want so store future picks to offer Sydney next year for Warner..

Does this make sense as a North fan? From an outsider's perspective, you guys need KPP's which, in this draft, start in the teens, and you're a chance at Houston. I would think both pick 2 AND your F1 are expendable for the right pieces and price.

Does this make sense as a North fan? From an outsider's perspective, you guys need KPP's which, in this draft, start in the teens, and you're a chance at Houston. I would think both pick 2 AND your F1 are expendable for the right pieces and price.
100% has to given that in the last 2 years you had Sheezel and McKercher being your primary HBF.... two guys you want in the midfield.

KPPs are not as big a issue as people wanna pretend. A defensive 3 of Comben, Logue, Corr is okay enough. Darling can hold down CHF while they draft and get a KPF ready.

Houston is a massive need

Yeah I think in terms of improving our list balance, we need at least two good talls (Armstrong, Shanahan, Tauru, Whitlock, Faull, Trainor) and at least one of Berry or Hannaford.

If we can do that, personally I'm happy to use F1 to get Houston.

100% has to given that in the last 2 years you had Sheezel and McKercher being your primary HBF.... two guys you want in the midfield.

KPPs are not as big a issue as people wanna pretend. A defensive 3 of Comben, Logue, Corr is okay enough. Darling can hold down CHF while they draft and get a KPF ready.

Houston is a massive need
North are second last and Houston is 27. He is not a massive need. They need players who can help Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, etc. win a flag in 6-8 years' time.

North are second last and Houston is 27. He is not a massive need. They need players who can help Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, etc. win a flag in 6-8 years' time.
We need a backline general, we need to upgrade Mcdonald, we need to significantly improve our rebound game, and we need on-field leadership.

Many North fans disagree, but I genuinely think Houston would mark a turning point for us.

Yeah I think in terms of improving our list balance, we need at least two good talls (Armstrong, Shanahan, Tauru, Whitlock, Faull, Trainor) and at least one of Berry or Hannaford.

If we can do that, personally I'm happy to use F1 to get Houston.
So basically you better off with picks in the teens then pick 2. I kind of feel Richmond would pay a bit to get pick 2 this year in that sense so a easy split can occur there. If you can turn pick 2 + 22 into 3 picks in the teens and 1 in the late 30s then flick off 2 teens picks for Houston and use one on Trainor, that would work

It may also be worth using F1st to Gold Coast for pick 12 + extras

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back