Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, the blues and pies have given us a little sideshow, time to get real.

Who says no

North out: f1
North in: Houston

Essendon out: pick 9
Essendon in: north f1

Port out: Houston
Port in: pick 9
l like it but l think Port will want more...maybe a swap of F2nds

Then Port would’ve accepted it by now, it’d have thought.

It’s been mentioned by multiple reporters that they want to get into the 2024 first round.

So I think if North can get Port a single digit 2024 first rounder, the rubber might start hitting the road.
We'd want more than 9 for Norths F1.

9 and 27 maybe.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Someone please adjust Justin Leppitsch’s training wheels.

Negotiating through the media and saying dumb things doesn’t help in the end.

I'm getting Tom Papley vibes from this. He will stay at Port.

Just one of them from what I hear;

Cap space - although improved with recent delistings.
List age profile
Need vs want
Looming Tassie Drafts
This draft viewed as the deepest draft in memory.
Also Houston is preferred to stay at Alberton, big overs rightly expected.
You got superstars in your team, Coleman medalists and Brownlows etc, it’s a shame you guys are going down the path of rebuilding already. Those stars are never gunna win a premiership with 18 year olds as teammates

I can’t understand why Carlton are not all in on next year.

You got superstars in your team, Coleman medalists and Brownlows etc, it’s a shame you guys are going down the path of rebuilding already. Those stars are never gunna win a premiership with 18 year olds as teammates

I can’t understand why Carlton are not all in on next year.
Our year was derailed by injury at the back half - Inness from Swannies is our biggest recruit this year.

Blues are positioning themselves for a crack now at another 1st this year - who knows what that’s for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our year was derailed by injury at the back half - Inness from Swannies is our biggest recruit this year.

Blues are positioning themselves for a crack now at another 1st this year - who knows what that’s for.
If I was Voss, knowing pressure is rising for him. I would want as much good experience players as possible. If he doesn’t win a final next year there will be calls for his job. Houston is a genuine star and could be the difference between losing a prelim and winning a GF

The very same reason idk why port have not just come out and said “no he is staying”. Hinkley is under more pressure, we should not be entertaining any trade

If I was Voss, knowing pressure is rising for him. I would want as much good experience players as possible. If he doesn’t win a final next year there will be calls for his job. Houston is a genuine star and could be the difference between losing a prelim and winning a GF

The very same reason idk why port have not just come out and said “no he is staying”. Hinkley is under more pressure, we should not be entertaining any trade
I thought Oldiewood was trading for Houston?

Can’t wait for a pick 14 and Owies trade offer. Carlton are out unless they come back with a serious offer. 12 and 14 for Houston or bye again
Yeah given they've taken their 2024 1st round off the table, the addition of pick 14 doesn't move the needle re Houston.

If they decide to get real and put them both on the table, they're in the box seat you would've thought.

Seems like Carlton prefer to undertake yet another rebuild though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back