Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the latest update. This was a draft play. Still not going after Houston
mel gibson poker GIF

Dont get the whole "rebuild" angle on here. Deep talented draft, quite a few kids in recent memory seem to be stepping up into AFL fairly early anyway.

Dont get the whole "rebuild" angle on here. Deep talented draft, quite a few kids in recent memory seem to be stepping up into AFL fairly early anyway.
Houston would significantly improve your chances of winning a premiership over two 18 year olds. I just don’t get why Carlton are rebuilding rather than going all in on the talented list they already have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston would significantly improve your chances of winning a premiership over two 18 year olds. I just don’t get why Carlton are rebuilding rather than going all in on the talented list they already have
Would he though? I dunno, he's good but seems to be made out to be Chris Judd on here.

Talk is (via Jon Ralph) Carlton want to take 12 and 14 to draft. So not sure they are even keen on Houston anymore.
TBH from the start it seems like Houston has been more keen on us than we've ever been on him.

Would he though? I dunno, he's good but seems to be made out to be Chris Judd on here.

Would one of the best halfbacks and best kicks in the league in his prime get you closer to a premiership than 2 18yos picked at 12 and 14?

I would have thought obviously yes and it's not even close given your list profile. Imagine Houston kicking the ball to Curnow and McKay

Carlton knocked back a trade offer for Silvagni largely to keep him as bait for getting Houston across, so gonna have to disagree with you there
Think it's more likely we just like JSOS.

Would one of the best halfbacks and best kicks in the league in his prime get you closer to a premiership than 2 18yos picked at 12 and 14?

I would have thought obviously yes and it's not even close given your list profile. Imagine Houston kicking the ball to Curnow and McKay
He's statistically similar to Nic Newman, granted Nic is 32 so age is not on his side but by the time he's falling off a cliff those 2 18 yos are hitting their 20s. Also think we'll grab another mature age player or two.

Sure would welcome him with open arms given the right price, but he doesn't shift the needle that dramatically, especially if we don't fix issues further up the field and inject some pace.

23 year old Beams just about to enter his peak was traded for a 1st, 2nd and steak knives. Understand that future trading has upped player value, and given that, I think about the same is right for Houston.

The only way I see Carlton being able to meet the asking price for Houston would be:

• Carlton trade pick 12 to Sydney for 19+22.
  • Carlton trade 14 and 22 to Port for Houston.
  • This leaves Carlton having Houston and end of first round pick 19.

Don't see why Sydney would deal though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back